Coincidence

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung hyun blinks awake as the car comes to a stop in front of his parents’ house. He gives a small stretch, trying to shake off the stiffness that has developed along his neck and shoulders. As he steps out of the car, he was surprised by his mother’s abrupt embrace and he chuckles as his mom gives him a look over.

 

“You’ve lost weight!” His mom accuses him and he gives her a non-committal shrug. He lets her rant a little, giving her a small guilty smile when she had asked if he has been taking care of himself properly.

 

“Give your boy some room to breath, dear.” Seunghyun receives another embrace from his father and he watches him take his mother by the shoulders to guide her inside the house. Somehow the scene makes him ache a little. He had always pictured the same for him and… and her. He shakes the idea off and focuses on his father’s voice.

 

“So, how are things going in Hong Kong?” his father as they made their way to the dining room.

 

“Everything’s going smoothly. We had our grand opening last week. I’ll be tackling problems as it comes. Maybe check in every couple of weeks.”

 

“That’s good to hear.” His father responds. “I’m proud of you, son.” And his father gives his shoulder a hearty pat and ushers him to his seat.

________________________

 

After dinner, Seunghyun went up to see his grandmother. He gently gives her door a knock and opens her door.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Hello yourself, young man.” He gives her a cheeky grin and gives her kiss in each cheek. “You’ve lost weight.”

 

He chuckles, “So I’ve heard. How have you been?”

 

“Same. I’m still old. You?”

 

“Good, business is going well.”

 

“Did I ask about business?" she responds a little snappy that made Seunghyun cringe, "I asked about you.”

 

He regards his grandmother’s wrinkled eyes, as a boy he had always thought that his grandma sees a lie even before she hears it. He lets go off a breath through his nose while he flops down to her bed. Of course, she knew about… her. And how he isn’t exactly good.

 

“I’m doing better. But… I still… I still miss her.” He looks down on his hands, studying the lines on his knuckles. “I’m still waiting for her to change her mind.”

 

“Seung hyun…” he hears her and how she mentions his name. Not reprimanding but still it sounded like a warning.

 

“Is it wrong to wait?” Is it? Because he couldn’t just let her go. He couldn’t just st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter