The Minah Experiment and the L word

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For MeLovesCeleb and Kittykhatz.

A/N: This might come as a shock. This is based on a story missbugsbunny found but there were a lot of points I didn't agree with, where it dragged on and just annoyed me. This might come as a shock becaise I cut a lot of chapters and drama and well... find out. Thanks! :D

Seung Ri came to this conference for Sandara. That was the gist of his intention. Sure, he did think this psychoanalysis about brain waves during sleep is interesting, but mainly he came for Sandara. He liked her for the simple reason of her being cute, and for eating too many pancakes and for sleeping in a restaurant. There was something about her that made him want to protect. Because she was innocent and cute and defenseless.

So when he saw her all gorgeous in the party, he was so happy and trying to be impressive he talked her into leaving. It wasn't like he was daft to not notice her forced polite smile. But he liked her so much he couldn't shut himself up. So when she excused her self, it wasn't such a surprise. He tells himself, it was okay. She deserves a breather. Maybe he should tone down the psychobabble and actually ask things like her interest and stuff. After a fifteen minute generous interval he searches for her and surprisingly found her quietly sitting on the balcony railing. He bursts in, "I found you."

She looks up to him in mild surprise. He notices she was huddled inside a coat jacket, and she looked kind of sad.

At her side was, "hyung?" Seung hyun sans his coat looking at him surprised and slightly off guard. It felt like he had disturbed something.

"You know Sandara?"

It was a stupid question, of course they knew each other. But what the hell is this stupid vibe?

Like intimacy or something?

"Yes." The other man confirms. There was always something stoic about Seung hyun, Seungri always envied this cool facade of his. Cool and collected. Mr. Perfect. But something was off about his face, a trace amount of worry laces his voice. "Is she..."

Seung Ri panics a little inside. Holy was he competing against this man? Against his hyung he idolized since he had met him? Seung Ri had wished him happiness, had wished him recovery but at what expense? Sandara? But he just met her! He likes Dara! She was partially his, on account of first dibs or... Or... Something!

"My colleague's friend." He confirms, a tick on his grin marks it as fake. But Seung hyun misses it. He always thought Seung Ri was a ball of sunshine and confidence and honesty. Seungri feels a tickle along the corners of his ear. A physiological tick when he was fibbing and guilty. He pinches at it.

Seung Ri watches the man's mouth fall and close. What was that? Was he... Was he sad? Anxious? What? Seung Ri had prided himself at reading facial reactions, those fraction of a second slips of honest reactions before people cloud them with propriety. And Seung hyun, Seung hyun was looked… sad.

His eyes moved from Seung hyun to Dara, “How do you know each other?" He fights to keep his tone light and unassuming. They say psychologists are the best liars.

"Um. I met Mr. Choi at my father's party five years ago." Dara supplies with a squeak and Seungri notices that sad longing as her eyes strays to Seung hyun then a nervous hair tuck as she averts her look.

Seung Ri, for the first time in his life, hated the skill of knowing people. Hated the fact that he knew these two people are emotionally involved already, even before they knew it themselves.

“Panda, h-how do you know, Mr. Choi?”

Seung hyun lowers his gaze. Seung ri notes the slightly narrowed brow, anxiety? Guilt? Perhaps he was guilty about… “My cousin. Shin Minah.” He says, a slip of malice escapes him and he notices Seung hyun’s lip purse. He was guilty about Minah. A smirk springs on the younger boy’s lip, ever loyal whipped Mr. Perfect. His loyalty obviously already misplaced and useless. If Seung ri was just his friend, he would remind Seung hyun that they were over. Tell him that it was most probably okay to fall in love. To be whole again.

But then Seung ri's drift back to Dara. To Dara, who looked absolutely stunning… and upset. Minah’s name seemed to hang heavy on both Seung hyun and Dara, when the experiment was only intended on the man. But Dara looked like someone just gave her a tight slap. She was hurt and embarrassed, because she knew who Minah was, is to Seung hyun.

A cascade of assumptions hit her like pellets. Panda is Minah’s cousin. Panda is close with Seung hyun. Like brothers. Like family. Because she was family. She was already Seung hyun’s chosen family. There was no place in his life for her. None at all. Was that a pity kiss? A break on his perfect facade because he thought she was pretty with this fake rouge and seductive clothes she wouldn’t even really wear?

In that fleeting moment when he kissed her, was it only because she was there, and she looked pretty enough to kiss? She finds herself wiping the lipstick off , stood up, shrugged off his jacket and shoved it in the surprised Seung hyun.

Sandara’s mouth smeared in offended red, lashes beaded with minuscule clear tears that clung to her lashes in self-preservation. She is in love with him, but may be she respected herself more than that. She thinks in spite being plain and a nobody she was worth more than being some dolled up ditz that he’d sooner or later consider as a mistake.

“Sandara…” Seung hyun begins, his hand almost, almost went to her wrist to stop her. But she bows stiffly at him, and he knew, he had nothing to say, nothing really he was able to tell her.

He just watches her gather her abandon heels and dump them over the balcony rails, a dull thud announces the shoes’ despair at being thrown. And he watches her straight back, her small bare feet and Seung hyun thought maybe this was actually the first time he actually really see her.

Seung ri was baffled. He wanted to chase after Dara, but before he could really catch up. Dara was already in Chaerin’s arms and she was crying. And Chaerin gave him a devil glare when he tried approaching.

This was the effect of his Minah experiment. His fault. He goes back to the balcony and Seung hyun was mussing his hair, a freshly lit cigarette on his lips, then he breathes out, “Sandara Park?” like a question to the air.

What do I do with you?

Seung ri leans on the railing beside his well-respected hyung. He looked kind of cool, all messed up and miserable. He thinks it’s a Seung hyun luxury, to be actually be miserable and looked existentially attractive. Why should he feel bad for him?

What’s the deal with Dara anyway? Five year history? Did Seung hyun actually have first dibs on her like a Minah-reserve or what? Why should he feel bad for him? He should stop being such a baby and get over Minah and not make Dara so freaking unhappy. It doesn’t suit her.

A brief flash of happy Dara pops in Seung ri's head and beside her, the stoic Seung hyun all grinning and finally, finally looking not so existentially miserable.

Seung ri sighs in defeat. So, maybe he wasn’t the leading man in this story, so what? it.

“If you like her, hyung, you should go after her.” Seung ri says. He’s playing the bigger man. That makes up for it. So he do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter