A kiss, a confession and a complication

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung hyun stared at his mobile, peeking out of the thick document he was supposedly studying. It’s been two weeks now, he should just hear her silence as a quiet brush off. He tosses the file on his table and rubbed his temples. He was waiting for her call. Why the heck did he not get her number?

Sandara. Park Sandara.

He could still remember her face, that angelic face, and that quiet charming voice that offered her name to him. And how her hand felt in his in that few second hand shake. And she looked like she was interested in him.

He purses his lips as he rested his head on the back of his chair. She looked all flustered and cute and it boosted up his ego, lightened his mood. He tells himself that he wasn’t interested in her himself, that what he liked about her were those eyes that actually betrayed her interest in him. A distraction. That was who she was.

And he sighs. A loud defeated sigh. Because she was a much effective distraction than he dares admit.

His thoughts fluctuates from Minah then to her.

Minah.

Sandara.

Minah.

He ruffles his hair in frustration.

Sandara.

He doesn’t even know this girl!

Why the heck hasn’t she called when she was obviously, obviously leading him on?

Maybe he didn’t know how to read signals anymore? He has not been single and mingling for years now. Because of… Minah.

Minah… Seung ri said she was fine. His thoughts refuse to process anything else other than that. Like anything Minah is a period. An end. She was fine.

He was not.

He sighs again.

Sandara had been the first girl to bludgeon her way in to his attention, because of her damn peculiar erted hobby. He smiles to himself. At the memory of her and her audacious book. Then her. Just her, hair damp with sweat, trailing suggestively towards her neck.

He mutters a low curse.

Little Miss ert was kind of ally innocent too. . He is surely going to hell at this point. He glances at his quiet phone. Maybe this was hell already. Her silence. Her quiet brush off. She was just a distraction.

Maybe she’s ignoring him because he was such a class A .

-------

When Seung ri invited him to go to his conference, it was an immediate, “No. Thank you.”

But Seung ri was endearing because of his persistence, “Come on hyung, please.”

Seung hyun looked the other man who have saved him from the dizzying Minah-Sandara see-saw in his head. He just brashly walked in, brandishing an invite to the most boring conference he has heard. “Cognitive” blah, blah, “psychometric” blah, blah, “delta- wave analysis.”

So the no was easy, like spitting when mucus crowds your throat.

“No, thank you.”

“Come on, hyung. What are you going to do anyway? Haul your inside your apartment and be a loser or what?” Seung ri’s persistence always goes from endearing to annoying.

Seung hyun raises an eye brow at the other boy. “I have meetings to attend to and anyway, why don’t you ask a girl out?”

Seung ri sighs, “because the girl I like is already going and well, I don’t want her to get any ideas of me being interested in someone else.”

Seung hyun smiles knowingly, “That sounds like you.” He laughs. “Is it that colleague of yours you met? Chaerin or something?”

“No. No. Not her. Her friend.” Seung ri says quickly. Seung hyun always knew Seung ri to be way to eager about women, but there was a hint of pink on the younger boy’s cheek which made it kind of cute.

Seung hyun’s chest aches. Somehow a pink flushed Seung ri with a crush kinda reminds him of a pink flushed girl who looked like she had a crush. On him. Most probably on him.

“Fine.” He releases. He was just tired of waiting on women. “Fine.” He repeats with a distinct grit on the smooth word. “I’m going to be late though.”

--------


But when he got there and was pleasantly surprised with a dolled-up Sandara who told him she was too nervous to call him or make excuses to call him, he knew he was a goner. Open flirting, innuendos about boyfriends and waiting and he was so ing embarrassed he had excommunicated himself to the balcony and started smoking. He watches the coils of smoke curl and uncurl and slither around him. Sandara is bad for him. It’s because he forgets so many things like being proper and being in love with… Minah.

He was waiting for her not Sandara Park.

He shakes his head. It was just that he was miserable, Minah made him miserable. And Sandara had been cute and light and distracting.

And she was so pretty. And ally innocent. She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter