Until Next Time

Mister Perfect and Miss ert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun drags his luggage outside the automatic doors of the airport. He lugs it to a stand and slips a stick of cigarette between his lips. He watches the wisps of smoke float weightless in the air. And he allows himself a little time of mindlessness. He just got back from his business trip from Hong Kong today and he was more or less stressed. He blames it on business but at the back of his mind he admits it to himself that there was something… no, someone; if he was going to be honest, that made him more than a little on edge.

 

 

He takes another drag as he pushes the idea away before he could really think about it and he focuses his stare on the rough surface of the road. A loud screech of tires caught his attention and he saw a blue BMW stop right before him and made an illegal u-turn on a busy street to park at a tiny bookstore across the street.

 

 

He gets more than a little annoyed at the driver’s brashness and watches a tiny girl emerge from the driver seat. She had her long brown hair loose topped with a baseball cap and was dressed in baggy jeans, a baby blue t-shirt that said DON’T MESS WITH ME and huge sunglasses that almost engulfed her small face. He doesn’t know why but watching the small girl look suspiciously from right to left made him feel like laughing. From a far, he could see her lips draw a line of determination as she marches to the door of the bookstore.

 

 

He takes another idle drag from his cigarette and lets himself wonder what the little girl was up to, to look so suspicious. He checks his watch and thinks he have some time to kill before his driver arrives. He flicks the cigarette away and crosses the street, wondering why the he was actually doing this.

 

_________________________

 

 

As soon as he entered the book store, he saw the girl drop the book she was holding and mumbled something underneath her breath and quickly dash to the counter.

 

 

Seunghyun looked at the books on the display table and was shocked to see the images before his eyes. There were pictures of male and females in all state of undress on the table. The title of the said books weren’t any better.

 

 

The Prince of Pleasure, Velvet Promise, Prisoner of the Night-- the title just got worse and worst. Seunghyun covered his mouth with his hand to hold back the bubble of laughter threatening to erupt in any second. Somehow, he feels like it was the right decision to follow a stranger after all. And my, oh my was she hell of strange.

 

 

“My, my, my, someone’s a ert! How old is she anyway? She can‘t be older than sixteen.” Seunghyun thought.

 

 

He knew it wasn’t any of his business but as he saw the girl at the counter shuffle her feet, he pretended to grab a travel book and headed to stand right behind her. She spoke so softly but Seunghyun was directly behind her, so he had her the first and second time she asked for her book.

 

 

Her voice, he had thought it was kind of charming. And as he stared at the small line of white skin on her nape where her hair parted, he wanted to see her face more clearly. Seunghyun repeated the name of the book, loud and clear waiting for her to turn but the girl stood stiffly in front of him. He blames it on the tone of his voice that was beyond his control. He couldn’t really blame himself for the bubbling laughter that came out from his mouth as he mentions the word “vixen.”

 

 

He thinks her no older than sixteen. Maybe he should scold her or something. He decides to tap her on the shoulder to get her attention but before he could do so, the owner came back with her book. He saw the cover page and had thought the whole scenario was a little too much. And he lets himself laugh. Laugh at the sheer audacity of a girl to read something so… so… so clearly naughty.

 

 

She turns to him as she whips her shades off, and he saw her for the very first time. And he stops laughing almost immediately. Her brown wavy hair settled down her shoulder, and her lips glossy peach. She had such

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter