Chapter 7

Can You See Me Now?

Let's just say the two of them had forgotten about the existence of human beings for that moment.

"KYUNGG!!" Jiho shouted at the top of his lungs. Everyone on the street turned and stared at him. "KYUNG? WAIT, SHOW ME SOME PROOF!"

"WHAT PROOF, JIHO! YOU'RE JIHO RIGHT? WOO JIHO? THAT BOY WHO PEED IN HIS PANTS?"

"ALMOST DID! OH MY GOSH, THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A SECRET! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT OUT LOUD!"

"YOU PEE IN YOUR PANTS?" Taeil and Jihoon exclaimed. They began looking up and down at Jiho, judging him.

Kyung chuckled. "I have to. And now I know you're that Jiho guy."

 

Outside Star High University, students were packed and seated by the long stairway outside the campus. Yookwon and Minhyuk swear that they felt lost and claustrophobic in the crush of people. After reaching the entrance of the school, both of them heave out a sigh and went separate ways to their classrooms.

Why hasn't Simon called yet? Yookwon thought to himself and checked his phone again. "Well maybe he has his own group of friends now." He simply said and continued walking. Outside the campus, a tall guy was seen walking towards the flight of stairs and into the school. He had both hands resting inside the pockets of his jacket, and was listening to his ipod.

"Oh my gosh, look! It's Jaehyo!" One girl exclaimed, pointing to the tall guy.

"Damn, he's seriously good-looking! Rich and handsome, whoever that gets him will be damn lucky!" Another girl said.

"And that would be me!" Her friend said playfully to her.

Just then, the school bell rang which indicates the start of lesson. Students hurriedly stood up and went for their classes. On the other hand, Kyung was in the hospital with his mother. But they were not alone. Jiho, Taeil and Jihoon was with them too. They've decided to skip the first day of school instead. To them, nothing matters more than being with their best friends.

"I'll let you take Haneul home okay? She's alright now, just some rest will do." Kyung's mom told him. "I've a really urgent meeting to attend now. I'm sorry."

"It's alright mom. You can go now." Haneul assured her. "I'm sorry for causing trouble."

"It's not your fault, sweetheart. It never was. And remember to keep the wounds away from water! Kyung, keep an eye on your sister okay? And sorry again, I'm a bad mother. Shouldn't have let you skip school on your first day."

"It's alright mom, really. I'll be glad to help around. You can go to work now, I'll take good care of Haneul."

"Okay then.. And boys!" His mother turned around to face the three guys. "Make yourself at home. Catch up on stuff or anything! I'll be back around evening. And sorry again." The lady in front of them bowed slightly.

"No problem!" The three of them said.

 

Once they were back at the siblings house, the three of them tackled Kyung on his bed and hugged Kyung so tightly that he saw stars even though it was in the morning. Haneul carefully sat down beside the bed, laughing at them.

"Kyung! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!" Jihoon shouted in his ears, earning a knuckle from Kyung.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FELT DURING THESE YEARS!" Jiho joined in. "Whenever I see cucumbers, I'll cry!!" He whined.

"I LOVE YOU KYUNGG!!" Taeil confessed, and Haneul laughed harder.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO BUT PLEASE LET ME GRWAAAAA! I CAN'T BREATHE!!"

Once they've let the poor guy breathe, the three of them had a proper hug again. No squeezing, no shouting, no violence. A tight and warm hug. Haneul was touched by the scene in front of her and went to them, and they gladly accepted her, like what they had done before.

"So.. How have you been?" Jiho started the conversation when everyone settled down. "I can see that Haneul grew up prettily." He smile and winked at Haneul, and she mouthed a thank you to him.

"And where have you been? We couldn't contact you at all!" Taeil added on. Kyung slowly explained everything to them, about their life in New Zealand, how he really missed his friends, about his parents, and the school he's attending now.

"Star High? Minhyuk, Yookwon and Jaehyo are studying there now!" Jihoon exclaimed. Haneul froze when she heard Jaehyo's name. That's it. She's going to meet him sooner or later.

"Haha! I know Yookwon is, I've met him last week! But Minhyuk and Jaehyo too? That's awesome, I have more companion then!"

"WHAT? Yookwon met you? Why didn't he tell us!" Jiho shouted.

"No no! Don't blame him, he doesn't know it's me." Kyung started laughing. "We met by accident, and I told him my name is Simon. I thought it was fun that's why I lied to him. I have his phone number too!"

"Yeah right, he told Yookwon my name's Alessandra." Haneul glared at him.

"What is that name!" Taeil laughed at Kyung. "But man that's really classy!" They both high-fived each other.

"But please don't ruin the game! Only the three of you know the truth!" Kyung pleaded them.

"YOU'RE ON BROTHA!" Jihoon patted his chest.

"Oh! You wanna see the rest of them? I've a photo of all of us!" Taeil took out his wallet and pulled out a polaroid. There were six guys in the photo, but two of them not so familiar to the siblings.

"This huge eyes guy!" Taeil pointed. "That's Jaehyo! And this is Minhyuk!"

"Wow. All of you surely grew up well." Kyung commented. "We're a group of hot- guys!" He added proudly.

"I know right!" Jiho smirked at him.

"You guy were like mini Hulk back then, but now all of you are THE Hulk!" Haneul couldn't believe her eyes.

 

That evening, Kyung and Haneul bid farewell to their friends and went grocery shopping. Kyung didn't want his sister to come along because of her injuries but she insisted, she wanted to walked around the neighborhood. Upon reaching the grocery store, both of them headed to the tidbits station first. It's the Park family's tradition. While choosing, Haneul couldn't help but noticed the guy standing beside her. He was tall, and has quite a manly physique. His slightly brown and wavy hair matched well with his skin tone. She moved closer towards him, and his scent immediately captivates her. It was pine scented, the smell was faint but unforgettable. Haneul swear that she was in heaven at that moment. How could she get so attached to him from just his scent?

"Are you done?" Kyung walked in between the two of them and Haneul wanted to kill him. He looked around the shelves and at the guy beside him.

"Oh my gosh. J-Jaehyo? Is that you?" Kyung uttered in disbelieve. The guy turned around in acknowledgement and stared at him.

"Erm yes? I am. Who are you? How did you know my name?" He raised an eyebrow at Kyung weirdly. Haneul hid behind her brother after hearing what he said. WHAT!! JAEHYO?

"IT'S REALLY YOU! I'M KYUNG! CUCUMBER KYUNG!! REMEMBER ME?" He put his hands on Jaehyo's shoulders, and the latter smiled in disbelieve.

"You must be kidding! Oh my gosh, KYUNG! It is really you?" 

"Yes! Taeil showed me the photo of you guys! I couldn't be wrong!" Kyung was jumping up and down at the tidbits station, he couldn't hold his excitement very well. 

"Where have you been all these years!" Jaehyo asked him. "And..she is?" He pointed at the girl behind him.

"She? O-Oh, she's my GIRLFRIEND!" Kyung held Haneul by her wrist. Haneul immediately shot a death glare at him. GIRLFRIEND? WHAT IS HE DOING?

Haneul wanted to make it clear to Jaehyo, but she just couldn't talk. She looked at Jaehyo laughing and talking with her brother, examining every details on his face. It's still the same. She thought, and a smile formed on her lips. The same shape of eyes, the same structure of his face, the way he smiles.. It triggers back memories. She wanted to hold his hands again and see if it still feels the same. When Jaehyo left after finishing their conversation, Haneul came back to her sense and pinched Kyung.

"NOW WHAT, KYUNG?"