Vivid Dream

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

             That night I dreamt again for the first time after, the accident. I didn’t know if should be happy about this or what triggered it. It didn’t make sense to me and it just made me a little anxious. My dream went like this.

 

            “Tehru-chan, daijobu?” a woman’s voice asked.

            “Okasan, he’s leaving.” the kid cried.

            “He’ll be back. He promised you right?” her soft voice said soothing the child.

            “Who will I play with?” the child whined.

            “Okasan is here.” the woman smiled.

            “I will miss him.” the child said wiping her eyes.

            “I’m sure he will miss you too.” she said the child’s hair. “How about you give him a gift so that he’ll remember you while he’s away?”

            The girl stopped crying and smiled. “You’ll help me pick a gift?”

            “Hai.”

 

            My dream shifted and I am in the car watching as the little girl ride in the passenger seat and her mother drive.

 

            “Okasan, do you think he would like this?” the little girl asked waving a white cloth.”

            “Of course, Tehru-chan.” her mother smiled.

 

            The night felt threatening to me and I wanted to tell the mother to go back but I couldn’t speak in my dream. The air whipped on the car and beads of water fell from the sky, it was starting to rain.

 

            “Are we there yet?” the little girl asked.

            “We’re almost there, honey.” the mother said. “Check your seatbelt.”

            “I’m tucked safely, okasan.” the little girl smiled.

 

            The rain poured more heavily and I can hear the wind slamming in the car windows.

 

            “Tehru-chan, I think we should go back the rain is building.” the mother’s voice said worriedly.

            “But okasan, he will be gone tomorrow and he’s waiting for me.” the girl protested.

            “We’ll catch him in the airport tomorrow, dear.” her mother explained, trying to focus in front of her.

            The little girl started crying, “I won’t see him again.”

            “Oh honey. That’s not true.” her mother said.

           

            They continued to drive and I wanted to take the wheel from the woman. They were almost at the bridge now and the road is getting slippery. The woman made the mistake of turning off the highway and the car skidded sideways. The last thing I heard is the woman’s warning and the little girls scream.

 

            I woke up in the middle of the night panting; my face wet from tears and my throat hurts like I’ve been screaming too. I am sure that it’s my mom and I am that little girl twelve years ago. I felt hollow inside and it didn’t make me feel better. I don’t remember much about what happened that time but it doesn’t mean that I don’t remember my mom.

 

            I cried for hours, the dream playing like a projector in my mind. When the sun finally rises I am sitting on the sofa the television droning in the background. I’m staring nowhere when the doorbell rang. I answered it and I found the delivery boy looking at me. I must’ve looked like crap but I didn’t care. I took the package and opened it on the living room.

 

            I am stunned when I looked inside. The box is medium size and inside was three pieces of marshmallows and they’re not ordinary marshmallows. It was marshmallow in the color of purple, my favorite. There’s no name on the receipt from where it came from and there are few people who knows about my favorite food. I took the card that came with the box and opened it, there were only two words.

 

            I’m sorry.

 

            That’s what it says. I tried to call Saki to ask if she’s the one who sent to marshmallows but she said no.

 

            Are you okay, Tehru? You sound horrible.

            “I’m fine. I just had a bad dream.” I replied.

            What dream?

           

            I told her about my dream and by the time I finished I’m already sobbing. She promised to come by at my house and asked me to stay calm.

 

            I sat there looking at the box waiting for comfort to find me.

 

 

Author's Note:

          Yay! A bit of Tehru's past for you. What do you think??

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE. love yah!! ♥♥

 

Love Riot:

 

 

I slept with him: