The Wait is Over

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

 

           He’s back. After three years, three months and five days finally Toushiro is back.  It felt weird thinking that he’s back and I haven’t seen him yet. Yes, I haven’t seen him. His plane arrived at the airport at exactly seven o’clock am. How do I know? Well, it’s been reported on the newspaper and on the local news because whatever project that brought him home again is really big and the Osaka government is in big favor.

 

            I was seated in the living room in front of my wide screen television. I was watching the television, well more like staring at it. Toushiro is in the news, he’s currently attending a live interview and he’s right there smiling shyly in front of everyone. I am supposed to be happy that he’s back but I am still feeling bad about the fact that he didn’t tell me that he’s going home. I should have been there at the airport welcoming him back and not some bunch of TV reporters wanting to ambush him with questions. What made me sad and, more than anything else, jealous is the fact that he’s right there in that function with Miyumi by his side.

 

            I should be the one with him not her. I thought miserably.

 

            They were smiling over the camera now and Miyumi was whispering something on Toushiro’s ear and he was laughing like it was the most amusing thing in the world. I felt my face grew hot and, unable to look anymore, I switched off the television. My phone rang a couple of times and it was Misaki. I know she’ll just attempt to lighten my mood and tell me that it will be alright but I don’t have time to listen.

 

            I tried to distract myself by cleaning the house though it is actually in perfect order. As I was cleaning the house though I appeared to have stumbled in every single thing that Toushiro has given me. For instance when I was cleaning my closet I found the dress Toushiro bought me for my birthday two years ago when he said he couldn’t come home. The photo album that was also a birthday gift from him and the marshmallow shaped pillow.

 

            I guess trying to forget about him even just for a little while is a lost fight.  Well, duh, he’s like your one and only love. My mind seem to mock me.

 

            I didn’t go out of the house and I definitely didn’t open the television again. I stayed inside and I tried every possible thing to pass the time. I cooked a rather difficult menu for today so that I can distract myself even just a little but even that didn’t work. By eight o’clock I am already seated on my dinner table but I only sat there staring.

 

            The doorbell rang but it took me a few seconds before I got up to my seat and opened it. I closed the door after I saw who was outside, partly because I am shocked and partly because I don’t know what else to do.

 

            There’s a knock on the door and I took a deep breath before opening it again. I tried to put a smile on my face and still my heart.

            “Uh…hi.” I greeted him breathlessly.

            He was frowning at me. “Why did you slam the door shut?”

            “I didn’t slam it. I just closed it.” I defended myself lamely.

            Toushiro smiled a little. “Okay, I’ll rephrase. Why did you close the door, again?”

            “I was um… surprised.” I mumbled.

            “May I come in?” he asked politely.

            “S-sure.” I stammered and I let him in.

 

            He looked around the house like he did the first time he has been here. He touched random stuff and then slowly he turned to look at me.

 

            Silence.

 

            There was a strange look on his eyes and I don’t know how to react. There are a lot of things I wanted to say to him. I wanted to tell him how much I missed him. I wanted to tell how life has been without him. I wanted to hug him, kiss him like there’s no tomorrow but somehow I refrained myself and stared at him.

 

            “So…” I said after a long period of silence. “You didn’t say you were coming home.”

 

            I didn’t mean to, but there was an obvious note of accusation and hurt in my voice. I didn’t even know why that was the first thing that came out my mouth.

 

            He took a step towards me and he reached out his hand. “I just thought…I’ll surprise you but I guess it wasn’t that much a surprise anymore.”

            I surprised myself by taking a step backwards and he stopped. “No…it wasn’t.”

 

            Touhsiro opened his mouth to explain but I beat him to it and before I knew it the frustration and longing starts tumbling out of my mouth.

            “You should’ve said something to me. All those times we talked.” I said without looking at him. “I missed you so much and I…I felt bad that I don’t even know you were coming back. I could’ve been there in the airport, to welcome you back. Why, though, why didn’t you tell me?”

            “I just thought I’d save you from the stress with all those reporters, Tehru.” he said with urgency as if afraid that I will interrupt again.

            It felt good to hear my name coming from his mouth and it didn’t help much either. “It wouldn’t have been any problem to me. I don’t mind as long as I get to see you.”

            “Tehru…I’m sorry if this upsets you.” Toushiro said taking another step towards me.

            “Sometimes I think you don’t feel the same way anymore.” I mumbled my eyes tearing up.

            Toushiro shook his head defiantly. “That’s not true. You don’t know how hard it is.”

            I looked at him with pain in my eyes. “Believe me I know and it hurts even more that I feel like I don’t know you anymore.”

            “What are you talking about?” Toushiro frowned. “You know that I have been doing this for you.”

            “We never even talked that much. Every single day that you continue to be away from me I feel like your shrinking away from me.” I said the tears definitely visible now.

            Toushiro sighed. “Look Tehru, if you’re so upset about me because I didn’t tell you I was coming home, I’m sorry. Please…let’s not fight anymore.”

            “I just wished you told me.” I mumbled.

           

            He reached out for me and embraced me into a hug. I didn’t want to hug him back because am still feeling a little bad but of course that wasn’t enough to rule out my love for him.

 

            “I’m sorry.” he repeated.

            I hugged him fiercely and mumbled on his chest. “You have so many things to tell me.”

           

            He laughed and for now my heart is at peace but the jealousy over Miyumi is still there. I’d ask him one of these days but for now I don’t want to ruin the opportunity to be with him.

 

A/N:

     Update~~!! three chapters to go. >.< Tehru is soooo jealous. LOL Hope you like this chappie.. I will miss this FF. I really love Ken'ichi matsuyama..Handsome+good actor= Ken .. >:)

 

Comments are appreciated. ^^ Subscribe. ♥♥