My Side of the Story

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            The cemetery is silent and a gust of wind was blowing. The birds chirped all around me as I sat there sobbing in my mothers grave. After everything that has happened, I felt more alone and sad. I think of all the things my mom could’ve told me now, if she’s alive. I can almost here her voice telling me to be brave and wipe my tears, but the tears just kept coming.

 

            Back when I was just a kid I would always come here by the weekend and stay here as late as I could but my dad told me that I can’t come here often and ignore my life. So, I came here when I’m in stress or extremely sad, just like now, and talk to my mother’s grave how lonely it was.

 

            My face is buried between my knees when I felt a hand touched my shoulder. I jerked my head up, tears still streaming down my face, and found Misaki standing over me.

 

            “Tehru…” she whispered.

            “What are you doing here?” I asked, a cry bubbling in my throat.

            “I thought you’d go here and…” she trailed off.

            I looked away and said, “Had a good laugh at me back there, have you?”

            “Iie.” she answered shaking her head violently. “I swear I’m not.

           

            When I didn’t answer she sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. “Gomen nasai.”

            That’s when I cried even louder scaring the birds from a nearby tree. “Everything’s in my life isn’t okay. Dad’s busy with his stupid business, mom’s dead, you’re mad at me and Toushiro is going away in three days.”

            “I know and I’m sorry if I added in your burden…I’m just…taken over by my feelings.” she murmured still hugging me.

            “You’re my best friend.” I wailed. “You should know that I wouldn’t do anything behind your back.”

            I felt Misaki sighed. “Hai, I know and I’ve been stupid letting my anger and jealousy gets the best of me. Forgive me Tehru.”

            “You should be the one being called a freak.” I mumbled and she gave a tired laugh.

            “Yeah I should get that title.” she said.

            I broke from her hug and said. “There’s nothing going on between me and Haku.”

            “I know.” she said. “I realized that when I saw you with Toushiro for the last few days and back in the school.”

            “Then why do you keep avoiding me?” I asked hurt.

            “That’s because I’m a coward and I can’t admit my mistakes.” Misaki said taking my hand.

            “I’m wrong too.” I said.

            “Don’t apologize.” Misaki said shaking her head. “That would just make me feel bad.”

 

            There was silence as we gaze in different directions and then, “He just doesn’t like me, does he?”

            “Oh Saki.” I said giving her pat in the hand.

            “Oh well I can’t expect him to like me back just because I do.” she smiled a little sadly. “I’ll get over it don’t worry.”

            I sighed. “Haku is a good friend I just didn’t know it’d be like this.”

            “What was Toushiro telling you back there?” Misaki asked.

 

            So, I told her everything we’ve talked about and everything that we’ve done in the past few days, finally admitting that I love Toushiro.

 

            “But now he’s going away.” I sniffled.

            “Did he say why?” Misaki asked, frowning.

            “I told you he wouldn’t say.” I said shaking my head.

            “Well that’s stupid.” Misaki said abruptly. “If it wasn’t for your little scene back there I would think that you two already have passed the ‘friendship’ stage with all the time you’ve been spending with each other.”

            “I thought he felt the same way for me.” I said bitterly. “I’m being plain stupid.”

            “Don’t be hard on yourself.” she said. “It’s his lost.”

            “There’s little chance that he’ll realize that.” I told her grudgingly.

           

            They were silent and then almost at the same time they blurted out, “Boys.”

 

            “When is he going away again?” Misaki asked.

            “In three days time.”

            “Leave it to me.” Misaki said, grinning wickedly.

            “Oh, no. What are you thinking?” I asked nervously.

            “You know I don’t believe he doesn’t like you.” Misaki announced.

            “He’s already said it to my face!” I said frustrated.

            “Really? Did you hear him say ‘I don’t like you, so I’m going away’?” Misaki asked.

            “No.”

            “There you are.” Misaki said.

            “But—.“ I started to protest.

            “I said leave it to me.” Misaki said patting me in the back.

 

           

            I do hope she knows what she’s doing, I thought nervously.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

     weee~~!! another update for yah. :)) oohh what's Misaki planning, eh?

 

  gotta find out~~

 

comment and Subscribe. ---> need to review now .LOL