Bad Luck Ahead

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

 

            Tomorrow morning in my haste to go to school early and meet Saki, I forgot my lucky scarf. I know that my day wouldn’t be that normal because my day always when I forgot something important. I arrived at school and found that I also forgot the paper where my schedule is printed.

 

            “Please let this day be okay.” I prayed silently, closing my eyes.

 

            I flipped my phone open and dialed Saki’s number and she answered on the first ring. She gave me directions and called me a freak a couple of times which is quiet normal.

 

            “Saki!” I gushed when I saw her standing outside our classroom.

            “Nice to be lost on your official day as a college student, freak.” she smiled giving me a hug.

            “I didn’t have a good sleep last night and I’m so afraid you’ll strangle me if I get late again.” I pouted at her.

            “I get it. It’s my fault.” Misaki said crossing her arms.

            “Stop being melodramatic, weirdo.” I said ushering her inside our classroom.

 

            Misaki laughed and bounced on her feet as she led me to our seat near the window. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw how big her bag was.

 

            “Are you going to elope or something?” I asked her checking out her bag.

            She smirked at me and said, “No, freak. You forgot didn’t you?”

            “Forgot what?” I asked playing innocent.

            “Today is the cheerleading tryouts!!” she screamed at me and our new classmates glance in her direction nervously.

 

            I pushed her down to a nearest chair and said, “Of course, I didn’t forget. How could I? You’ll kill me.”

            “I’m just wondering why you have to bring a bag as huge as that.” I explained.

            “Those are extra clothes and our books. Besides if I’m going to elope I’ll make sure it’s with Haku.” she said dreamily.

 

            I laughed at this and she smacked me at my arm. “Okay, no need to be violent.”

            “I think this day will be great.” Misaki predicted.

            “For you.” I grunted.

            “What do you mean?” she asked arranging her table.

            “I forgot to bring my scarf and I’m sure I’ll get bad luck the whole day.” I whinnied.

            “Here we go again.” Misaki said rolling her eyes. “Tehru, why are you so superstitious about that scarf?”

            “You know how important it is to me.” I replied.

            “You don’t even remember why it’s important to you.” she pointed out and I froze.

 

            Misaki realized her mistake and tried to apologize. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to say that.”

           

            I nodded absentmindedly and thought about what she said. How stupid of me, of course Saki has a point. I don’t even remember why the scarf is so important to me; I don’t remember where it came from. All I know is that when I don’t have it I get bad luck.

 

            “Hey don’t think about it too much.” Misaki said waking me from my thoughts. “I mean I know you think that you get bad luck without it but you still have your pretty necklace with you.”

 

            I absentmindedly touched the piece of jewelry that hung from my neck. It’s a necklace with a peculiar pendant. The pendant is purple in color and it is shaped like a marshmallow. My two favorite things in the work put together. Even this beautiful thing I can’t remember. It made me feel anxious whenever I though about this.

 

            “Hey, you’re forcing yourself to remember again. Stop it.” Misaki said growing concern.

            “Why can’t I just remember? Is that too much to ask for?” I asked her trying to call my emotion.

            “Tehru, we’ve talked about this. I told you that I’ll help you try to search for your past, didn’t I?” she said to me patiently trying to calm me down. “I don’t want you to force yourself, it’s not right.”

           

            I nodded slowly and let the subject drop but the feeling of helplessness is still there, hanging like a veil. I tried to smile. I don’t need to dampen Misaki’s spirits just because of my personal issues.

 

            Our first professor arrived and our conversation stopped. He discussed about Biology our first subject for today. I tried to focus and listen but my heart wasn’t into it. When the bell rang and our class ended Misaki tried to cheer me up by buying me chocolate chip cookies.

            Our next subject is just as boring as the first and I struggled not to fall asleep. On our third period I’m glad that our professor is a woman who’s not that old and she have a sense of humor that make the class attentive.

 

            “I wonder where Haku might be.” Misaki mused looking around when the bell rang.

            “Studying how to fix cars, maybe.” I teased.

            “Whatever.” she pouted. Misaki checked her watch and practically dragged me on towards the gymnasium where the cheerleading tryouts were being held.

 

            Misaki left me on the bleachers as she dressed on her cheerleading costume she made herself. I looked around, the gym is quite full with the girls trying their luck but it seems like only three have been accepted so far.

 

            “TADA!!” Misaki said modeling her uniform. It’s white and blue, just the right cut for her figure.

            I clapped and said, “You look great.”

            “Wish me luck.”

            “Good luck.” I said waving at her as she falls in line.

 

            I waited for like an hour doing nothing when Misaki came back with a crestfallen face.

 

            “What? What happened?” I asked her anxiously.

            “I…I got in!!” she exclaimed and together we bounced up and down in glee.

 

            As we head outside Misaki is still gushing how she got in, showing me her routine for the nth time. We were almost passed the soccer field when my bad luck strike.

 

            SMACK!

 

            I felt a pain in the back of my head a little late and it really is painful I wonder how I didn’t end up face down on the pavement.

 

            “Uhm, freak, are you okay?” Misaki checked tapping me on the shoulder.

           

            I looked up a little daze and picked up the ball that rolled on my feet. Two boys were running at their direction and she recognized Haku instantly. I knew it, this day is really not my day, I thought miserably.

 

            “You better not be the one who hit me with the ball.” I warned him as he approached us.

            Haku laughed and replied, “I’m not the one who hit it.”

 

            He pointed the tall guy beside him who apologized to me profusely. I handed him the ball back and asked him if I looked like a goal post.

            “Uh no. Sorry.” he said nervously.

            I smiled at him rubbing my head. “Be careful next time.”

 

            He excused himself but Haku stayed.

 

            “Are you okay?” Haku asked.

            “I think so.”

            “One plus one?” Misaki asked holding up both index finger.

            “Ni.” I answered lamely.

            “Yay! Your brain works.” Misaki clapped.

 

 

            She turned to Haku who’s grinning at us. “What are you doing here by the way?”

            “Today is the soccer try out.” Haku explained.

            “Wow, that’s cool.” Misaki said. “Did you get in?”

            “Hai.”

            “Guess what?” I said.

            “What?” Haku asked.

            “Saki got accepted as cheerleader.” I said proudly and Misaki blushed.

            “Wow Saki that’s great.” Haku said. “Hey, today were just trying to familiarize with the field, how about the three of us eat a late lunch?”

            “Sure!” Misaki agreed enthusiastically.

            “I have to pass.” I said.

            “What?” they both asked.

            “I need to do some errands.” I told which of course isn’t true. I figure that Misaki will be much happy to eat alone with Haku. A congratulatory gift from me.

            “Well, I guess it will be just us Saki.” Haku said.

            “Eat lots for me.” I smiled meaningfully at Saki and walked away.

 

            So I went home alone, I didn’t have work today because they have strict policies for working students. I only work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On my way home I almost knocked my neighbor’s cat over and I dropped my keys like five times before opening my door. I instantly searched for my scarf hanging at my room’s door knob and felt safe right away.

 

 

Author's Note:

 

         Yay! 3rd chapter. :) >:]

 

         Comment and Subscribe! Arigato. :* mwuah!

 

check out LOVE RIOT too: