Letting Go

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

 

            I walked towards him and my heart kept thumping very fast. I haven’t actually seen Toushiro angry, not even close to what his face is transpiring now. I’m scared and I don’t want to approach him but my feet kept pulling me close to him, wanting to comfort. I stopped in front of him but he didn’t speak he just stared at me with those beautiful eyes of his.

 

            I cleared my throat. “Konnichiwa.”

           

           Toushiro nodded to acknowledge me and then he stepped aside to open the car for me without even a word. I got inside as he revved the engine. Once I was safely inside Toushiro maneuvered the car with unbearable speed.

 

            “Are you trying to be the fast and the furious?” I asked gripping the edge of my seat.

             “No.” he answered curtly. “I’m just furious.”

              I stared at him. “Nani?”

 

             Toushiro sighed and parked his car in the side and cut the engine. He closed his eyes like he’s trying to hold his temper. I sat in the shotgun seat patiently like a child, my hand clasped on my lap.

 

              Finally, Toushiro opened his eyes and looked at me. “What are you doing with that boy?”

           The first thing that came up into my mind is that, He sounded just like dad, “Haku?”

               “Who else?” he frowned.

               “We were just talking. I bumped to him accidentally.” I explained.

                Toushiro looked away. “How do you even know that it’s accidental?”

                “Why are you being suspicious of him?” I asked defensively.

                “Why are you defending him?” he shot back. “You know that he likes you.”

                I snapped. “There are a lot of things that changed.”

                “Yeah I can see that now.” he said meaningfully and I flinched.

 

              I bit back the tears and my frustrations that I wanted to shed and say to him. I opened the car door and walked as fast as I can. I heard his car door opened and I know he’s behind me.

 

               “Where are you going?” he asked grabbing me by the arm.

               “Anywhere.” I replied trying to shrug off his fingers.

               He let go of me. “Will you please stop running away from me?”

 

               I stopped and face him. “Why are you tired already?”

            “Yes and we need to talk.” Toushiro replied. “We are nowhere close to that if you keep walking away.”

               “Fine let’s talk.” I said stamping my foot firm to the ground.

            “I only wanted to know why you’re with him.” Toushir said brushing his hair with his hand.

                “And I already told you that we’re only talking.” I said exasperatedly.

                “I am having a hard time believing that.” Toushiro admitted.

              I put my hands on my hips. “For your information Mr. Sawada, Haku is courting Saki so there’s no reason for you to be suspicious of him.”

                “He and Saki?” Toushiro said clearly surprised.

                “Hai.” I said nodding.

                “Oh.” he said understanding dawning on him.

                I rolled my eyes. “You’re jumping into conclusions.”

 

                Toushiro blushed but then he smirked. “That brings us back to you.”

               “What do you mean?” I asked confused.

            “Toushiro smiled like he’s enjoying a private joke. “Would you explain to me why you’re acting weird these past few days? Oh no let me rephrase: you explain to me why you’re acting weird since I came back?”

               It is now my turn to blush and I can see satisfaction on Toushiro’s face though I don’t understand why. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

             “Really?” he smiled without humor. “Then why did you walked out last night and refuse to meet Miyumi?”

                 “I just don’t want to.” I said lamely.

                  “I think there’s a reason behind it.” Toushiro prompted.

 

               I looked away and shut my mouth. I don’t want to say to him what’s bothering me because I am afraid of the answer.

 

               “Okay, since you don’t want to tell me what it is, I guess I’ll just have to tell you my theory.” Toushiro said playfully.

                  I looked at him playing along. “What’s your theory then?”

                  “It’s actually from Miyumi.” Toushiro said and I scowled.

             “What does she says then?” I asked sourly and Toushiro chuckled at my reaction.

                  “It’s quiet simple really.” Toushiro shrugged. “She said you were jealous.”

                  That hit a nerve and I winced. “She said that?”

                  “Yes.” he replied.

 

                  I nodded thoughtfully.

 

                   “Is it true?” Toushiro asked and he’s clearly enjoying himself.

                   “Look I’m sorry okay?” I said. “I’m sorry for the way I acted last night.”

                   “Is it true?” he repeated.

                   “Hai.” I answered weakly.

 

                   I didn’t expect his next move. He grabbed me by the shoulder and gave me a hug. And then he laughed. He’s laughing so hard that it shook me.

 

                   “Oh Tehru what would I do with you?” Toushiro said releasing me.

                   “It’s not funny.” I snapped and he laughed harder.

                   “I know but I can’t help it.” Toushiro said.

                   I stomped my two feet. “You’re so mean.”

                   “Tehru why didn’t you tell me about this?” Toushiro asked.

                  “Maybe because of your example.” I replied sarcastically.

               Toushiro stopped and laughing and said more seriously. “Don’t you trust me?”

                 That stopped me from being angry. “I do but…”

                 “Then why didn’t you ask me? I could’ve explained it to you.” he said softly.

                 “I am afraid.” I admitted.

             “Tehru, Miyumi is just my friend and for the record she’s about to get married.”                     Toushiro explained and I gaped at him.

                “B-but the news…” I stuttered.

              “Were just news.” Toushiro said. “We were close friends and Miyumi is the one who kept telling me to hold on tighter to you. She knows how I miss you everyday. It was like going crazy and she’s the one who kept reminding that I am doing this for you, for us.”

               “I didn’t know…” I said shamefully.

            “The reporters always mistaken us for a couple and when they learned that Miyumi has a fiancé they jumped into conclusions and thought about me.”

                “I’m sorry…I’m sorry.” I pleaded. “I didn’t know.”

            “Tehru…I didn’t wait all nearly half my life to waste it by letting go of you.” Toushiro said looking straight into my eyes. “I love you and that’s not going to change, even with Haku and Miyumi around.”

               I hugged him fiercely and I don’t care if we’re making a scene. “I love you too. God knows how much I do. I’m afraid to lose you.”

               He laughed. “I know so please don’t to anything harsh.”

               “Is she mad at me?” I asked.

               “Miyumi?” Toushiro asked. “Nah, she understands you.”

               “I would like to know her.” I mumbled. “If that’s possible.”

               “I can set up another dinner date.” he said wistfully.

               I smiled. “I will behave I promise.”

 

               “Let’s go.” he said taking me back into the car.

               “Where are we going?” I asked as soon as I am settled inside.

               “I have a gift actually.” Toushiro said mysteriously.

               I frowned. “A gift?”

               “More of good news but for me it’s a gift.” Toushiro said.

               “What is it?” I asked.

               “I talked to your dad.” he said.

               “Naze?” I said surprised.

             “I told him that I am back and this time he cannot make me stay away from you.” he said.

              “You really did that…?” I asked.

              “Hai.” Toushiro said. “Do you disagree?”

              I gave him my most beautiful smile. “Iie.”

              “Uresshi desu.” he smiled back.

              “What did he tell you?” I asked anxiously.

 

              Toushiro paused for a while taking his time to drive.

 

              “Toushiro?” I asked.

             “I also told him that one day I am going to marry you.” he announced and my heart skipped a beat.

              “And?”

            “Your father said that you and I are old enough to decide what’s good for us.” Toushiro said with a huge smile.

              “He really said that?” I asked shocked.

              “He gave us his blessings.” he nodded.

              “Where is he?” I asked feeling grateful for my father.

              “He’s going to Russia.” Toushiro said.

              “I should thank him.” I said.

              “You can call him for now.” Toushiro said offering his phone.

              “Hai.”

 

              Arigato ne, Otosan.

 

A/N:

              UPDATE~~!! LOL *beams* Problem solved. I like happy things so i ended up their jealousy and they're okay now. HAHA~~!!

 

Please support my other FFs: