I Found Peace

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

             I don’t know where my determination is coming from but I woke up next morning with a new sense of energy. I’m not going to let Toushiro shut me out without getting an explanation for his actions. As I blow dry my hair in front of my vanity mirror I looked at the white scarf and I plan my next move.

 

             Toushiro wouldn’t go to the diner anymore and he goes in the shelter when I’m not there. I don’t know where he lives and he’s avoiding me at school. I decided to try my chance on the shelter; I will go there when he least expect it.

 

             I picked my favorite dress, simple but noticeable. I put on a lip gloss and grabbed my bag with the white scarf tied on it. On my way to the shelter as I ride my bike I kept thinking of what I will say to him. I felt like a stalker but I told myself I am doing this to find some answers with his behavior.

 

              I arrived at the shelter and found Shino in the front desk. “Ohayo.”

              “Ohayo, Tehru-chan.” Shino frowned. “I didn’t know you were coming.”

              “I miss Mimi so I came here to visit her.” I smiled.

              “Well okay.” Shino smiled.

              “Is there anyone visiting the dogs today?” I asked as casually as I could.

              “Yeah, Toushiro is visiting Angelo.” Shino shrugged.

              I smiled inwardly and said. “Well I’ll be going inside then.”

 

 

             I looked for Mimi in the dogs section and found her playing with the other dogs. I noticed that Angelo, the St. Bernard, is not there and so as Toushiro. I took Mimi and put on her leash.

 

            “Let’s walk for a bit.” I told her and she barked happily.

 

            We walked outside and I found Toushiro in the back part of the shelter sitting in the grass. He had his back on me and he was busy playing with Angelo. I walked towards him as silently as possible.

 

            “He’s looking good.” I said talking about Angelo.

            He whirled around and stood up. “What are you doing here?”

            “Visiting Mimi.” I shrugged. “Why, am I not welcome?”

             “Iie.” Toushiro said patting the St. Bernard absentmindedly.

 

             I knelt to the ground and whistled for Angelo to come. He bounded towards me and I almost got knocked off the ground. Toushiro hold Angelo t stop the dog from my face.

              “Easy boy.” I laughed.

              “I thought you don’t come here on Wednesday?” Toushiro said off handedly.

              I watched Mimi play with Angelo before I looked up at Toushiro to answer him.     “How did you know? Is this because so you can avoid me?”

             He was clearly thrown off by my question and he fumbled for the right words. “I’m not avoiding you.”

            “Really? That’s not what I see.” I said giving him a questioning look.

            “I know I’ve been rude—.” he started but I cut him off.

            “Don’t apologize because I know that you’re still going to avoid me.” I told him shaking my head.

 

             He fell silent and we watched the two dogs ran after each other.

 

             “I don’t understand your actions.” I said after a while. “And I’m not going to pretend that I do. I have done nothing to deserve this.”

             “You’re right.” he said softly and I was surprised that he agreed.

 

             He looked at me and there’s sadness in those beautiful eyes. “It’s not your fault it’s mine.”

            “You’re not making sense.” I told him.

            “I know and please forgive me for that.” Toushiro said putting his hand on my shoulder. “I’m just not ready to face you yet.”

            “Why?” I asked even more confused.

            “I don’t know what to make of you and my feelings.” he said softly still sad.

 

            I looked at him for a long moment trying to weigh his words and I decided not to push it because I’m afraid he’ll turn away even more.

 

            “I’ll be waiting then.” I smiled.

 

            After that we feed the dogs in silence. Toushiro is opening a dog food in can and he’s having trouble doing so. His hand slipped and cut his palm. The blood dripped from his hand and he winced in pain.

 

            “Why do you keep cutting yourself?” I asked disbelievingly coming to his aid.

            “Trust me, I’m asking that myself.” he grunted.

 

            I cleaned the wound and took the white scarf from my bag. I used it as gauze and wrapped it around his hand.

 

            “What are you doing? The blood will ruin the fabric.” Toushiro protested.

            I smiled at him. “You can always wash it. The blood will come off.”

            “But it’s important for you.” he said quietly.

            “Yes, it is. Keep it for me, will you?” I smiled.

            “I don’t deserve it.” he said trying to untangle the scarf from his hand but I stopped him.

            “Take care of it for me, please? You said so yourself it’s important to me and I’m giving it to you now, the least you can do is take care of it.” I explained to him.

            “Are you sure?” he asked and I nodded.

 

 

            We parted ways that day and I feel like I have a connection with him. I don’t know how I can I sort my feelings for today’s even but I know I have been happy. I just hope that whoever my scarf is for twelve years ago, I hope that that person will agree with me that I gave it to someone else.

 

A/N:

 

    Toushiro when will you admit you like her? Lol. yay! another chap. hope you like it. ^^

 

Comment and Subscribe ♥