I Send Him Away

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            I woke up the next morning and I can barely open my eyes from all the crying. I showered, eat and dressed so slow that Misaki started to bite my head off.

 

            “You’re going to send him to the airport, not a funeral!” Misaki said impatiently as I wear my shoes.

            “What’s the difference?” I grumbled.

            “Stop being so negative or I might ask Toushiro myself not to come back here in Japan unless you have your brain straight again.” she threatened.

            I pouted. “Fine, you win.”

           

            She fixed everything for me: food, my clothes and even my hair. She insisted on me putting on some makeup.

 

            “It’s for him to remember how beautiful you are before he leaves, freak!” she chastised me.

 

             I tried to put on a brave smile and not think of what I am supposed to do today. I don’t want to send him away seeing me like a zombie. By nine am Misaki is finished fussing about me.

 

            “You’re going to come with me, right?” I asked childishly.

            Misaki gave me hug. “Of course, I am.”

 

            We stepped out of the house and Toushiro was right there, leaning on the hood of his car. He was dressed like he was used to: jeans and a sweatshirt. He was so simple yet so handsome and I could’ve kissed him right there. He gave me a little wave and a brave smile.

 

           “I thought we’re going to meet you at the airport?” I asked as I walked up to him, Misaki right behind me.

           “I wanted to see you longer.” he mumbled and I’m sure I blushed.

           “Right…” I replied.

           “Hi, Saki.” Toushiro said turning on Misaki.

           “Ohayo, Toushiro-kun.” Misaki beamed.

           “I asked her to come with me.” I explained.

           Toushiro smiled. “That’s great.”

           “Uhm, let’s go?” I asked tentatively.

           “I’ll just follow your car, okay?” Misaki said getting out her own car keys.

           Toushiro nodded at her and he opened the car door for me. I got inside and poked my head out of the window.

 

           “Drive safely.” I called at her.

           “Hai.”

 

            We didn’t really talk much on the way to the airport. I just sat as closely as possible to him. He would glance at me once in a while and I will pretend not to notice. I’m afraid the tears will come. I don’t want him to see me like a human house pipe.

 

            “Will it be long?” I asked quietly.

            “I don’t know.” he answered honestly and I nodded.

            “You’re not going to be in the club partying every night like Americans do, will you?” I asked lightly and was glad that he smiled.

            “I really don’t like partying that much even here in Japan.” he laughed.

            “Make sure of that.” I smiled.

           

            We arrived at the airport and he took out his luggages and put it on the trolley. I man came forward and greeted us.

 

            “Toushiro-kun.” the man called and then he turned to me and bowed a little. “Your father sent me.”

            “Oh yeah, take car of the car while I am away.” Toushiro smiled and handed him the keys.

            “I will. Have a safe trip my friend.” the man smiled and leaves.

            “Toushiro-kun, what time is your flight?” Misaki asked.

            “Around 10:15.” he replied checking his watch.

            “Still plenty of time.” Misaki smiled. “Uh, excuse me. I’ll just find the snack bar. Be right back.”

 

            I was grateful for Misaki for giving us some more time alone as possible. We sat at the plastic benches and held each other’s hand.

 

            “Will there be cherry blossoms there?” I asked randomly.

            “Hai but the cherry blossoms here are a lot more beautiful.” Toushiro replied.

            “You know that I will wait for you right?” I asked looking him in the eye.

            He nodded solemnly. “I know but I don’t want you living in the present just waiting for me.”

            I frowned. “What do you mean?”

            “I’m not holding anything against you.” he begins slowly. “I want you to live your life like you want to. If you wanted to go out and have some fun…meet new friends, it will be okay.”

            I looked at him for a long time processing his every word. “You mean I can…go out with other guys if I want to?”

            “Something like that, yes.” he answered cautiously.

            “Why?” I asked stupidly.

            He took a deep breath before answering like he was trying hard to say the right words. “Tehru…I will never cheat on you.”

            “Are you saying I’m going to cheat on you?” I asked affronted.

            He shook his head a little violently. “Iie…iie. I’m not saying this right. Yes I want you to live your life the way you want it. I will not ask you to be waiting for me and not enjoy your life. I am not saying this so that I can make an excuse for myself to go out and see other girls in America. I’m saying this because I love you and I want you to be happy with whatever you want.”

 

            I was just looking at him and he’s looking at me apprehensively like his life depended on my answer. I’m getting close into crying again. He’s so selfless for me. He waited twelve years for me without the assurance that I will ever see him or even remember him. Now he’s leaving to prove something and be the man for me.

 

            “So…if I found someone while you’re in America and fall for him, you will not hold me against it?” I asked a slight humor in my voice.

            He closed his eyes like he’s having an internal struggle. “Yes, I won’t.”

            “Okay, then.” I said and I saw his eyes sprang open.

            “What so you mean ‘okay, then’?” Toushiro asked and I laughed.

            “I don’t think that will happen.” I laughed even more at his reaction.

            He smirked at me. “Since when did you learn to do that to me?”

            “Just now.” I beamed.

 

            A lady’s voice announced the flight that was about to leave and Toushiro looked up, a flare of sadness on his eyes.

 

            “That’s my flight.” he whispered.

            I hugged him fiercely. “Daisuki desu.”

            “Daisuki desu.” he said fervently and he kissed me right then and there.

 

            I tried, as much as I can, to put every unsaid word on that kiss and I know that he’s doing the same. When we broke apart I put something on his neck.

 

            “I don’t want you to leave without it. I already missed the chance once of giving it you.” I smiled breathlessly.

            Toushiro touched the white scarf and tucked it more safely. “The best gift ever.”

            “Try and find me some purple mallows in America for me, okay?” I laughed as the lady’s voice call on the passengers.

            “Hai.” Toushiro waved.

            “Have a safe trip.” Misaki called just behind me. I didn’t even know she’s there.

            “Look after her for me.” Toushiro smiled as he was walking away.

            “Bye.” I mumbled.

 

            I watched him go until I can’t see him anymore. I looked at Misaki and found her looking at me curiously.

 

            “What?” I asked defiantly. “I’m not going to bawl.”

            “Good.” she smirked.

            “Anything good on the snack bar?” I asked as we find our way out.

            “Hai but that didn’t stop me from seeing that kiss.” Misaki said teasingly.

            “Saki!!” I said slapping her by the arm.

            “Guilty.” she laughed.

 

 

            I looked back on last time.

            I will wait, no matter what.

 

A/N:

 

   Yay! anothe chappie added. Toushiro is going away now.. >.< hmmm? and their story is about to end..sigh. i really like this one but it's been a good story,eh? i hope you will stick until the end.. :))

 

P.S Watch out for my new FF >:)

 

lots of LOVE,

SaskiaGumiho

 

Comments and Subscribe ♥