Doctor's Order

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

             The day of our charity work we went to an orphanage named Angel Star. Different sections were assigned to different orphanages and Misaki and I together with our classmates were assigned to this house. It’s a small community of single mothers taking care of abandoned children. They only have a two story medium built house where twenty abandoned children were being taken care of. The kids were from five to ten years old and they were fun to be with. The head of the orphanage were giving us a tour.

 

            “As you can see, we lack in facilities.” the good natured woman said. “The house is not even recognized as a proper orphanage because it is small. We were trying to accept children’s one at a time because we can’t afford to take them in when we have nothing to feed them.”

            “How long have you been taking care of these children?” Misaki asked.

            “We started five years ago, when my sister found an orphaned child. She lost her baby during pregnancy and since then she have a soft spot for children.” the woman smiled.

            “What you’re doing is noble.” I smiled at her encouragingly.

            “Not all people think so. Few will help and we have to work hard for the sake of the kids.” she smiled gently.

            “Not to worry, we’re here to make them happy.” Misaki smiled cheerfully and everyone laughed.

 

            We arrived at the common room and our classmate Hiroshi and Miki were reading a fairytale for the kids. They stopped when they saw us and the kids looked at us warily.

 

            “Children, we have a guest and they’re from Osaka University.” the woman introduced us. “They’re here to give us medical attention.”

            “Are they doctors?” a little girl piped up.

            “Iie, were still students.” Misaki replied at her.

            A little boy tug at my shirt and asked. “Neesan are you here to stick pins on our arms?”

           

            The other kids stirred uncomfortably. “Ah, we’re not here for that. We’re here to give you medicines and food.”

           

            We spent the whole afternoon with them and we cooked some meals for them. Misaki and I spent our time checking on the children’s health. Some of them have the usual sickness cold and cough. We gave them basic medicines while the kids went chattering around us

 

            “Neesan, are you going to come here often?” a boy asked.

            “We’ll see about that. Would you like Neesan to come back?” they nodded and I smiled. “Then I will definitely comeback.

            They cheered and a girl that must’ve been about six asked me. “Onamaewa nandesuka?”

            “Tehru desu.” I answered.

            “Ne Tehru-neesan, do you like animals?” the little boy asked again.

            It was Misaki who answered. “Tehru-chan loves animals, she helps them.”

            “Honto desuka?” the boy asked his eyes shining. “I want to see Hachi.”

            “Ne, who’s Hachi?” the girl asked.

           

            The boy must’ve been referring to a Japanese akita dog which life has been made a movie. A story about a loyal dog, who waited for his master on the train station for almost a decade even after he died.

 

            “The real Hachi is dead but there are other Akita’s out there.” I explained.

            “I want to see one.” he demanded.

            “One day you will, if you’re a good boy and you drink your medicines properly.” I smiled at him and they all agreed.

 

 

            By the time we arrived at school again it’s already past one pm. We are going to take our rounds on the different departments to check for the students who needed medical attention. I am assigned on the architecture building while Misaki is assigned on the Chemical engineering department.

 

            “Why can’t I be assigned on the Mechanical engineering department?” Misaki pouted.

            “Because you’ll be distracted by Haku.” I teased.

            Misaki sighed and gathered her things. “At least you’ll get to see Toushiro.”

            I froze, I haven’t thought about that. “Excuse me?”

            “You’re assigned on the architecture department right?” she asked.

            I nodded, realizing that I’m about to see Toushiro. “I haven’t thought about that.”

            “Well good luck then. Got to go.” she waved goodbye.

 

            I found my way walking on the Architecture department. I stood outside the huge three storey building and went inside my classmates have already made their rounds so I started mine. Walking around the second floor medical kit in my hands, I found myself in a room where students were building their miniature buildings.

 

            I easily recognized Toushiro holding a blueprint of a mini building he’s working in. He picked up a piece of plywood and started sawing it for the roof. A boy approached him and started asking him questions.

 

            Toushiro missed a beat on what he’s doing and accidentally cut himself.

 

            “Toushiro-kun, you’re bleeding.” the boy exclaimed and I approached them immediately.

           

            He looked up at me surprised, “What are you doing here?”

           

            I held up my badge ‘Medical Assistance’ it says. It shut him up and immediately checked his wound. The cut in his palm is small but deep and the red blood came pouring out continuously.

 

            “This will hurt.” I warned him.

            “I think I can take it.” he replied. His classmates were gathered around us checking the damage.

 

            I applied force on the wound to stop the bleeding and he winced in pain. I cleaned the wound and wrapped it in gauze.

 

            “Arigato.” he said gratefully.

            “Douitashimae.” I replied and my eyebrow went up when he picked up the saw and started with his work gain. “What do you think you’re doing?”

            “Working.” he replied nonchalantly.

            “Yeah, I can see that.” I scowled at him. “You just injured yourself, you can’t continue.”

            “I still have a good arm.” Toushiro said waving his right arm at me.

            I took the saw from him. “You’re lucky you injured the left. I don’t know what you’d to if you injured your right.”

            He started to protest. “I need to finish my work.”

            “I’ll talk to your professor. Do I have to issue an excuse note? I’m sure he’ll grant you permit to rest today. Medical Assistance day is official here and we’re allowed to do that.” I explained to him.

 

            His classmates laughed and he shook his head disbelievingly.

 

            “No work for today, Toushiro-kun.” his classmate said.

            Toushiro turned to him. “Yeah, doctor’s order.”

 

            I went out to continue my round and Toushiro followed me. “I didn’t expect to see you.”

            “I’m assigned here.” I told him.

            “Right.” he said walking beside me. “Thanks.”

            It’s nothing, it’s my duty.” I smiled.

            He stopped suddenly and looked straight into my eyes. “If you need anything, I’m here for you. Don’t forget.”

 

            He walked away and left me standing there processing his words. I didn’t know where it came from but I felt warm hearing those words from him.

 

 

A/N:

 

    TYPE. TYPE. ^^ yay update again. thank you for reading. ♥♥

 

Comment and Subscribe.