He Tries to Send Me a Message

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

              I met Haku on my way to school and he’s giving me his most beautiful smile. It made him look younger a little bit boyish. I can see why Misaki liked him so much. He’s outgoing like her and I couldn’t help but be happy for my best friend.

 

            “Hi, Haku.” I greeted him parking my back in a secluded corner.

            “Hi, Tehru.” he smiled helping me with my bag.

 

            We walked towards the school and I glanced at the Architecture department. I suppressed a smile, remembering Toushiro’s words… If you need anything, I’m here for you. Don’t forget.

 

            “Do I get to hear the joke?” Haku smiled at me.

            I turned my attention to him and smiled. “I just remembered something.”

            “I heard you rescued someone’s hand in the Architecture department.” he teased.

            I blushed. “I just helped him.”

            “Him?” Haku frowned. “Who?”

            “Toushiro.” I smiled. “You already know him, right?”

            “Oh.” he answered with no enthusiasm at all and I frowned at him. “I mean, yeah Toushiro. I’ve met him.”

            “Yeah.” I replied.

            “Are you close to him?” Haku asked a little too casually.

            “Not really. We talked a few times.” I replied. “Why?”

            “Nothing.” he shrugged nut it don’t look like as if it’s nothing.

            “You’re early today.” I said changing the subject. “Have you seen Saki?”

            “Uh no. I’m actually waiting for you.” Haku said slowly.

            I stopped. “Why?”

            Haku faced me a little seriously and I’m a little nervous of what he’ll say. “I just wanted to know if you’re free this Sunday.”

            “Uh yeah, probably.” I replied cautiously.

            “Great.” he beamed.

            “Naze?” I asked.

            “Well, this Sunday will be my birthday so I wanted to invite you over at our house. A little party, you know.” he explained.

            “Oh, right.” I nodded. I thought about Saki if she already knew.

            “Can I meet you after lunch so that I can invite Saki too?” he asked as if reading my thoughts.

            “Yes, of course.” I replied and gave him a small smiled. I got a feeling that Hak already understands that I wouldn’t be going anywhere with him without Misaki around.

 

            We decided to meet at the school gates and we parted ways after a few more talk. It’s Monday so that means I’ll be able to see Toushiro today. I smiled at the idea of this willing my imagination go a bit far.

 

            It is still early so I decided to hangout in the benches outside our building for awhile to wait for Misaki. I took out my book and read a few chapters when I heard footsteps passing in front of me. I turned to look up and saw Toushiro.

 

            Lucky.

 

            “Toushiro-kun!” I called him feeling a little brave. I never had the courage to call him before not even call him as Toushiro-kun.

 

            He turned his head and stopped. I went up to him smiling abandoning my things all together.

 

            “Ohayo.” I smiled to him.

            “Ohayo.” he replied shortly.

            “Where are you going?” I asked trying to make a conversation.

            “To the library.” he said without meeting my eyes.

            I cocked my head in confusion. “Is there something wrong?”

            He shook his head and looked at me. “Nan demo nai.”

            “It doesn’t look like nothing.” I said.

            “Listen Tehru, I have to go.” he said lamely.

            “Are you…avoiding me?” I asked slowly trying to read his expression.

            “No. I-I just…I just think we should give each other a little space.” he said a little more lamely.

            “Why, I mean I thought we’re friends.” I said the words tumbling out of my mouth.

            “Yes, we are.” he sighed. “And it will stay that way.”

            I don’t understand what he was getting at. Did he know that I’m starting to like him so he’s shoving me away now? “What does that suppose to mean?”

            “I just don’t think I am a suited friend for you.” Toushiro replied looking me in the eyes.

            “Why? Explain to me why.” I demanded. “You’ve been very quite friendly to me the last time we talked to each other.”

            “I really appreciate what you did for me last time. Believe me I do.” he started to say. “I just don’t want you to get close to me too much.”

            “Why? You’re not making any sense.” I said frustrated.

            “You have Misaki.” he said instead. “And Haku.”

            “What does our being close have to do with my friends?” I demanded.

            He gave me a sad smiled. “I don’t think Haku wants to be just your friend.”

            “What?” I stuttered.

            “I have to and I’ve said enough.” he shook his head. “Bye, Tehru.”

 

 

            He left me standing there feeling confused more than ever. I can’t believe that my one beautiful memory with him came crashing down in my face just like that. I thought were getting better in the friendship department and yes I might have imagined more than that but I don’t get why he’s being cold to me now? Is it because of Haku?

 

            When English period came Toushiro and I sat in painful silence while Misaki talked to us eagerly unable to notice anything. I kept thinking about our earlier conversation and I wanted to badly speak with him, to demand an explanation. Misaki gave up from trying getting us talk and busied herself in doodling in her notebook.

 

            Working at Otaku Diner that night is like a blur and even my co-workers are being worried about me. I keep spacing out and it’s a wonder I survived the day without breaking anything.

 

 

A/N:

 

      Boys are sometimes hard to interpret, Ne? >.< yada yada. :) AJA, Tehru-chan.

 

Comment and Subscribe. :) Thank you for the support. :)