Taking Chances

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            Today is the first morning without Toushiro. I lay in bed, eyes closed, trying to imagine him smiling at me. Inside my head I can hear his voice ordering me to get out of bed and start preparing for school. I must be crazy but the thought of him is the only thing keeping me sane. Well, my friend Misaki of course. I cannot make things difficult for her by being a total zombie. I know that she’s been worried about me because she kept insisting to sleep in my house yesterday. I told her that I would be fine and besides I need to do this on my own. I know she’s afraid that I would spend the first night without Toushiro by crying.

 

            I didn’t.

            I made it.

            Yay!

            I applaud myself.

 

            By now Toushiro must be in America unpacking his things or whatever. I don’t know. I’ve never been there and I don’t even know how far Japan is from America. I wanted to call him but I figure I should give him time. I DON’T want to be nagger for a girlfriend.

 

            So, I got out of bed and texted Misaki to meet me at school. When I went to the kitchen to find some breakfast and opened my fridge, I gasp. Inside my freaking refrigerator was a box of purple marshmallows. I smiled when I saw that the box is heart shaped. I took it out and there was a card attached to it.

 

Tehru,

 

            I thought about leaving you a year or two of supplies of purple marshmallows but I can’t fit them in your refrigerator and I can’t risk you to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So, I decided to just leave a box of it.

 

Love,

 

Toushiro S.

 

P.S If you’re wondering how I manage to smuggle this in your fridge, the answer is: Magic. 

 

 

            I laughed at the post script and I felt better. I took one marshmallow and nibbled it. I doubt that it will last for more than two days. I sat on the sofa and thought about him for some time and completely forgetting about going to school.

 

            And then my phone rang and I found an angry Misaki is shouting at me.

 

            “Where are you?” she demanded.

            “I’m so sorry.” I apologized on my way out of the front door. “I forgot about school.”

            “You just texted me to meet you at school.” she said impatiently.

            “Gomen-ne.” I said. “I’ll be there in a few. Bye.”

 

            I cut the call before she started yelling her head off and pedaled my bike on my way to school. It was a sunny morning and I feel wonderful.

 

            I arrived at school, late as usual, and found Misaki in the school gates. She fussed about me being late and told me she doesn’t want to go to class without me but I got the suspicion that she’s afraid I just might mope in the nearest toilet. She won’t believe me that I am okay.

 

            She watched me all day like I might start bawling whenever Toushiro’s name is mentioned and by time for 3rd period I told her to stop fussing about me.

 

            “Really, Saki. I’m not going to do anything stupid.” I glared at her.

            She smirked at me. “Fine. I’m only concerned.”

            “I know but really I’m fine.” I smiled bravely and she hugged me.

            “Make sure of that freak.” she laughed.

            “I will.”

 

            When school ended I walked with Misaki at the train station like we used to and we parted ways there. I went to the Otaku Diner to work and I greeted them enthusiastically.

 

            “Why are you so cheerful today, Tehru-chan?” Mikai asked.

            I laughed. “I’m just happy that’s all.”

            “Stay happy, then.” laughed Mikai.

 

            The hours felt like a blur and when my shift ended I found myself sitting on the same table where I first served Toushiro here on the diner. I remember his expression when he first saw me and I smiled. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice a boy standing next to me.

            He cleared his throat and I looked up at him. It was Haku.

 

            “Konbanwa.” he smiled.

            “Hello.” I replied tentatively.

            “Do you mind if I sit down?” he asked motioning at the chair.

            I shrugged and he sat down. “Do you need anything? The store is about to close.”

            “Oh I … uh. I didn’t come here to eat.” he replied nervously.

            “Oh.”

            “I’m sorry.” he blurted out.

            I frowned. “For what?”

            “For everything.” he answered. “It not being able to talk to you and Saki.”

            “I know.” I mumbled.

            “Is Saki that mad at me?” he asked quietly.

            “I don’t know. We didn’t talk about it that much.” I answered. “We already have an understanding.”

            “I heard she gave you a hard time because of me.” he said shamefacedly.

            “We’re already okay.” I said looking at him.

            “I’m sorry.”

            “You should say that to Saki.” I said automatically.

            “Yeah, you’re right.” he sighed.

 

            We sat in an uncomfortable silence.

 

            “I heard that he’s gone.” he said after a while.

            I turned away. “Hai.”

 

            “It’s funny because that’s what I’ve been hoping you know.” he laughed a little miserably. “But I already learned that there’s nothing going change.”

            “I love him and that’s not going to change.” I replied.

            “I just want you to be happy.” Haku said.

            “I am happy.”

            “That’s all I wanted to hear.” Haku said in a strained voice.

 

            He stood up and leave without another word. My eyes followed him on his way out and I felt a little sad. I really like him as a friend.

 

A/N:

 

    We are down to the last six chapters. :'( Will Toushiro ever comeback? He better be. lol

 

   Here's another update i hope you like it. I just hope you guys will support my FF I Slept With Him ♥ Thank you.

 

Comment and Subscribe ♥