I want an explanation

Her Kickass Boothang
Please log in to read the full chapter

>>>Girim's POV<<<

It took me a good couple of minutes to register what the hell Mari had just read. After a good minute to let the shock sink in she let out a frustrated cry, "IS HE ALREADY A FATHER?!"

Myungsoo coughed, "Are you pregnant?!" 

"I'M STILL A , YOU DUMB MOTHER-"

"Calm down!" I scrolled through the article. "Let's actually read and see who the paternity test was done for." 

Fifteen minutes pass before Mari left the room in utter silence. She kept muttering something under her breath.

"Oh man, do you think anyone else, besides us, know about the results?" Myungsoo asked. 

"I don't know. I think Mari is about to find out." I couldn't stop rereading the last few lines of the official document. 

Results from the DNA test show a negative match between Kim Woosuk and Kim Woobin.

"Woobin isn't a legitimate heir." Myungsoo whispered. "How could this have happened?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I sighed. "His mother was unfaithful."

"He could be adopted." 

"Doubt it. Chaebol's don't won't allow someone that's not blood to take over the company. Kim Woosuk is a traditional man, he would've made Eunae the successor if he knew Woobin wasn't his son."

"I wonder if Woobin knows the truth." 

Mari suddenly burst through the door in full panic mode. "HIDE EVERYTHING." 

"What? Why?!" Myungsoo jumped off the desk. 

"WOOBIN'S CAR IS OUTSIDE. WHICH MEANS HE'S HOME."

'WHY IS HE HOME? YOU SAID HE HAD A MEETING TILL DINNER TODAY." Myungsoo tapped on his watch furiously, "IT'S. NOT. DINNER. YET."

"HE SAID DINNER TIME HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TIME THAT IS?!"

"DON'T YOU TWO EAT DINNER TOGETHER EVERY NIGHT? YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TIME-"

"WE DON'T HAVE A SCHEDULED EATING TIME. WHO DOES THAT?"

"EVERYONE. YOU DON'T EAT DINNER AT NOON, THAT'S LUNCH!"

I pounded my fist on the table, "STOP YELLING AT EACH OTHER AND HELP ME CLEAN ALL THIS CRAP UP."  

We all made a mad scramble around Mari's office, unplugging wires and turning off every piece I had in the room. "Where the hell am I supposed to hide this?!" I flailed my arms at the gigantic smart board. 

"Bathroom!" Mari flung open the door and helped my drag it inside. 

"Mari? Are you home?" Woobin's voice sounded from the stairs. 

"Yah huh, I'll be right down!" Mari hollered. "You guys have to leave! He'll get suspicious." 

"What, do you want us to hide in the bathroom too?" 

"Hey, Mari." Woobin's steps sounded louder. "I was wondering if I could talk to you." 

"Forget it!' Mari hissed and tossed my tablet onto her bed and opened up a random game app. She pushed me and Myungsoo towards the bed. "Both of you. pretend to have the time of your lives!" She handed me the tablet before running to open the door.

"Mari-" Woobin blinked for a second before smiling, "Oh, hi there, you must be Mari's friend." 

"I'm Girim, what's up?" I waved. 

"Nothing much, I just needed to talk to Mari. Do you mind if I steal her for a few minutes?"

"Not at all, actually," I shoved my tablet back into my bag, "We were just on our way out."

"Would you like to stay for lunch?" 

"No thank you, we already ate." I grinned. "We'll just be on our way out."

"Oh, okay." Woobin blinked. Mari laughed nervously and led us down the stairs and out the front door. I hissed a "text me!" before she slammed the door.

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"So, what's up?" I asked Woobin. 

Woobin cleared his throat, "My parents want to meet you." 

"No." I spun on my heel but I felt a tug on my arm. 

"You can't dodge them forever." 

"Oh, yes I can." 

"Mari, my mother is driving me nuts. She wants

Please log in to read the full chapter