Ramen Party Aftermath

After School Dating Club

The boarders at Zeus have a ongoing tradition since god knows when and that is to have ramen party. It was not that the school doesn't provide food to the students. It's just that they were teenagers and along with that they were boys. Ramen was considered a late night snack food or party food for them during the nights when they stay up to study or just to bond with friends over food during ungodly hours of the night. No matter what, whenever someone says 'ramen', nobody decline the offer. 

Ramen party is not something special for outsiders. It's just a group of boys gathering together in one of their rooms while eating cup ramen and all the snacks they have despite having "no hot food in the room" rule. Nobody in Zeus know whether the other houses will have similar tradition but in Zeus, it's a thing. 

"Here we go," Luhan put down packets of snacks on the table in their room on one of the weekends, when they decided that they would get together and eat ramen to celebrate the success of the first couple. There were so many snacks ranging from bubbling candy to huge bags of spicy chips all scattered on the table. The other boys, Suho, Kris, Kyungsoo, Sehun, looked at the pile of food in awe. Suho picked up a bag of chips, "Luhan?" 

"Yeah?" Luhan answered him from upstairs while he went to take out his cup ramen from his snack stash. "Do you guys like spicy ones or those jajangmyun type?" 

"Oooooooh, Jajangmyun for me!!!" Sehun pitched in his preference. Luhan smiled and took out the container from the box, "Suho, you were asking?" 

"Oh yeah, why do you eat so much?"  

"I eat so much?" Luhan walked downstairs while clutching the containers close to his chest. "Yes, you do. You are always snacking and you always eat everything from the plate whenever we eat out, and you even finish other's leftovers." 

"So?" Luhan raised his eyebrows while he distributed the noodle containers to the members. Suho continued, "But why are you still so skinny? Sometimes I feel like you're about to get blown away by the wind..." 

"Suho," Kris patted on his shoulder from behind, "Luhan has this crazy good metabolism that keeps him so skinny as well as look very young." 

"What do you mean look very young? He's about the same age as Sehun, probably slightly older!" 

"No, he is not. He is the oldest one in the 5 of us." Suho gaped at Kris, "WHAT? How can he be? He looks so friggin..young." 

"That's the reaction I was anticipating," Sehun nudged Kyungsoo and they both sniggered at Suho's appalled face in amusement. Luhan rolled his eyes and smiled, "I get that alot. Right. Where is my electric kettle?" He walked over to the big plastic box where he kept his random possessions and opened the lid. "I remember keeping it here. Sehun, did you borrow my kettle?" 

"No, Hyung. Look for that on top of the wardrobe. You sometimes keep it there to avoid being confiscated." 

Electrical appliances were prohibited in the dorm room but the boys are too lazy to go to common room to make a cup of warm drink during the cold nights of winter so some of them smuggled in small electric kettles and hide them in their rooms so that they can make late night ramen, hot drinks when they want to without having to leave their rooms. 

"Has anyone been keeping an eye on the KaiHee couple?" Luhan asked the rest while his hand was reaching for the top of the wardrobe to look for his kettle but couldn't reach it and was struggling half way. 

"Them?" Kris stood up after seeing Luhan suffered for a while to reach for the kettle. His tall height and long limbs enabled him to reach for the kettle with ease, which he handed over to Luhan. He sneered at Luhan, "You see. You need tall people to help you." 

"Oh shut up, Kris. Everyone thinks I'm younger despite being older than you," Luhan shot a look at him and jabbed at Kris's age. "Someone, answer me! Have you guys been keeping an eye on Kai?"" 

Kyungsoo raised his hand, "I have been Well, technically speaking, I am his roommate so I don't have to do it on purpose. I just happen to see him all the time." 

"Any updates?" Luhan asked him as he filled up his kettle with water. All eyes settled on Kyungsoo. 

"Well, he went on a date this afternoon and I left soon after he came back from it," Sehun pursed his lips, "I think the date went well because, he'll probably be frowning if the day didn't go too well." 

"He has a temper?" Kris asked. 

"I don't know," Kyungsoo shrugged, "I mean, kind of? He is not the type to blow up with anger all the time but if his day didn't go too well, you can see it on his face because he will be frowning and it's quite apparent. I haven't lived with him for quite long so that's all I observed." 

"It's alright, Kyungsoo. It's alright." Kris gripped his shoulder in encouragement, "you don't have to feel bad about that."

Suho sighed. After his first attempt, he was itching to take on another project and there were a few messages that landed into the inbox but Suho couldn't decide which one to take on and respond to. He was planning to take on one tonight at the party after discussing it with the members. He leaned back on the sofa and closed his eyes. 

"It's hard, isn't it?" Kris spoke while playing the chopsticks skillfully between his fingers. Suho looked up, "What is hard?" 

"Those projects. I mean, I've been looking at them and god damn, so many problems. Thank god I don't have someone I like on campus or else I'd be tempted to type up a message and send." 

Luhan stared at Kris, "Yifan, you have like a third of the female student population at your fingertip. You could line them up and pick one," he poured hot water into each noodle cup, "Well, the only problem is that there could be a blood bath after that." 

"Is it going to be that bad?" Suho asked, looking surprised. 

"That bad," Luhan clicked his tongue, "This dude here," he patted Kris's shoulder, "is a walking prince. What's his name again boys?" Luhan asked the two kids, Sehun and Kyungsoo, loudly. The boys answered in unison, "Prince Kris!" All of them broke out in laughter while Kris's frowned, "Shut up. That's such an awkward name to be called." 

"Oh yeah? Prince Kris?" Sehun mischievously joked and laughed at his own joke hysterically. Kris shook his head at Sehun. 

Knock~knock~~~ 

"Did you guys hear a knock on the door?" Suho asked. Luhan looked up from checking the noodles and nodded, "I did. Can someone go and check who is the guest? Are we expecting anyone?" 

Sehun shook his head, "I don't think so. Maybe someone in the dorm wanted to borrow your shampoo, Luhan hyung?" Luhan has the reputation of being very nice and lending every single possession of his. So, the other students take advantage of that and come borrow stuff from him all the time so Suho and Luhan's room is hardly free from guest on a daily basis. 

"I'll go and check," Kyungsoo walked in stride towards the door and opened it.

It was Kai, with his signature smirk on. 

"Yo, what's up?" he smirk grew wider as he paused , "After School Dating Club people. How are you doing?"

The five members looked at each other's face, looking equally surprised.

 

~~~~

Right, I have been MIA for a really, really long time. LOL. I hope people still remember me though! Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed my somewhat short update!