Wu's Woes

After School Dating Club

"Wow!" "Amazing!" "Do it again!!" the cheers erupted from the club members, who were surrounding Luhan. Amidst them, Luhan was holding a block of Rubik's cube with all the surfaces aligned into respective colour. He had always been good at Rubik's cube ever since anyone has known him. He said being an introvert when he was really young helped him became focused on it and it helped him stay focused while having. In addition, he also has a massive collection of Rubik's cube in every single form, pyramids, 4-rows, 5-rows, the cube that lights up when you twist, mirror cube, assymetrical cube. sphere cube. If the company has released a new edition, Luhan will hunt it down with a determination and will try to solve it. 

Right now, all of the boys are impressed with Luhan and his skills for he can solve a standard cube under 3 minutes flat. They twisted the cube to their liking and made Luhan solve and he did everything under 3 minutes flat. Whenever the boys were left in awe, Luhan would chuckle slightly as if he is embarrassed of his skill. 

"Does any of you want to learn how to solve this cube?" he asked as he looked around the room. All of the boys shyed away with their heads slightly shaking from left to right, except one. The gangly member Kris. He looked at cube with great interest and took it from Luhan. 

"Teach me how," he sat down on the space beside Luhan and asked him, who smiled and replied "Sure," he fixed the way he was sitting and faced Kris to start his lesson, "So, you just have to see this in XY-plane and visualize it and then, add in another dimension of Z and start twisting..." 

"Wait what....?" 

~~~~~~~

5 days later. 

"Kris hyung?" Sehun asked Kris, who was holding a block of Rubik's cube and twisting the rows while gazing on it with an intense gaze on the sofa in the room. WIthout breaking his eye contact with the Rubik's cube, Kris replied, "Yeah?" and then he muttered to himself, "Now how do I get that blue to this row here...." 

"I'm confused, aren't Rubik's cube supposed to be Luhan hyung's thing?" Sehun put away his bag on his study desk and threw himself on the sofa to sit beside Kris and look at what he had been doing. "Woah, you seriously are going for it. Have you been able to solve it yet?" 

Kris sighed, "I could only get one surface to align and the rest just scews up all the time!" his replied with slight frustration, showing dissatisfaction in his ability. "Archery is much easier," he added solemnly, which made Sehun laugh. "Of course, Archery is easy for you. It's nothing for you." 

"Anyway, I hope you have fun because I'm going over to Luhan hyung's room." 

"Are we having a meeting today?" 

"Nope. The mid-term exams are drawing nearer so Suho hyung decided that we'll stop it for a while. I'm just visiting just because." 

"I know you love Luhan," Kris jokingly teased Sehun who opened the room door to head out to the other room. 

"Shut up," Sehun replied before rolling his eyes and shutting the door behind him. 

~~~

3 days later.

The boys were gathered together for another ramen party. Sehun and Luhan on the loft upstairs, as usual, with their feet dangling down. Kyungsoo was on the sofa beside Suho. Kai, like his usual self, sitting on the spinning chair with a nonchalant expression while holding a cup ramen. All of their eyes were on Kris, who was sitting on the rug on the floor. 

"Still going at it Kris?" Suho called out to Kris, who was sitting on the floor with his eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinted. 

"Seriously, Kris," Luhan spoke, "you've been at this for days. Give it a break and get back to it after you've rest for a while." 

Kris replied without looking at anyone but the cube, "No, I can do this. I can totally do this," he muttered. 

"Sure~~~~~" Luhan replied with a slight tease and continued eating ramen with the rest of the gang, talking about how their days have been and what they want to do. 

Despite so many oppositions towards Kai joining the club, the members have now eased have slightly. Even though they are not as close to Kai as they would be to the rest of the members, they now include Kai in the conversations now. Suho discovered that Kai is not so much of a brat that he thought Kai would turn out to be. Instead, Kai is a well-mannered child who listens well and tries to engage in only when he feels the need to. Apart from Sehun, who still refuses to talk to Kai unless it's imperative, the rest of the members have warmed up to him, especially Kyungsoo who is the roommate. 

The boys were discussing about what they want to do during the one week break after the exam when they hear a frustrated roar and a bang. Kris has finally snapped and threw the Rubik's cube away across the floor, "ARRRRGH! I'M NOT GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN EVER!! EVER!" he shouted at the cube, which was away from him with a frustrated expression.

All of the members erupted into uncontrollable laughter upon seeing the guy who has always projected the chic, cold personality suddenly turning into a frustrated child. Kris threw a look to the members and it sent them into hysteria from laughter. 

~~~

2 days later. 

"Kris?" Luhan called out to Kris during another members meeting where the boys decided that they study together for the mid-terms. Kris looked up from the sofa as he was reading his notes on social behaviour.

"I was wondering, are you really not going to play the cube anymore?" Luhan asked playfully as he brushed away his fringe from his eyes. Kris shook his head slowly as a denial. 

"But why, though? Weren't you determined about this?" Kyungsoo asked, pausing his activity on his laptop on the lap. 

"Rubik is not my style," Kris added cooly before his gaze fell upon his piles of notes on social behaviour. 

 

~~~~~

Note: Right. I hope you enjoy a somewhat short episode. It's mid-term season where I'm at so yeah...totally not the time to write but I did it. Lol. Sometimes I wonder what goes through my mind. I hope you liked it!