First Day At Trinity

After School Dating Club

In front of a big school gate stood a young boy of age 17, who was neatly dressed in deep scarlet trousers, dark blue blazer, pale blue shirt and a red tie. 

"Right, Suho. This is it. Your school of dreams," he told himself and was slightly panting he was dragging a big suitcase while he walked through the gate across the compound to a large building. The building looked like an old church with its big, polished, wooden doors. He looked around and saw that there were other people who were like him, dragging their suitcases, which were too big for their age. 

He stepped up the stairs and entered the great entrance hall. There, he found a woman in her late 50s, holding a tablet notebook and wearing a long tartan dress. He looked down at the paper, which was sent to him by the school to look for instrctions on what to do when he arrives, he realized that he has to check in with the vice principal.

"Excuse Ma'am, are you Professor Oh?" he enquired politely, to which the woman nodded and glanced down at him over her red-rimmed glasses. 

"The paper here said I have to check in with you to see which boarding house I'll be assigned into?" he handed her the letter.

"Okay, Mr.Kim. Let me check the details and sign you in," she was swiping across the surface of the tablet while Suho stood in front of her. Other students have started to line up in front of her, behind Suho. 

"Right," she annoounced, "Mr.Kim, you'll be living in Zeus house's room 207 alongside another student, from now on until you graduate. Would you please go into the main hall to get your picture taken so that you get your student card, which you will be using for almost everything in the school." Suho bowed and thanked her before he dragged his suitcase again. 

"Why are you carrying the suitcase, Mr.Kim?" Professor Oh asked. 

"To my room, Professor," he replied with puzzled eyes. 

"You don't need to do that because I'll put a tag on it and the janitors will take it into your room respectively. Please leave it here," Suho complied by and walked into the main hall to see a line of desks where some people were taking pictures of students and printing out the student cards. Along with the cards, they were handing out brochures, which looks like old rule book. Once he has gotten his picture taken, the card was immediately printed on a hard plastic and he, too, was handed a set of books. 

"Here are the set of rules that you must abide by all the time. And here's your student ID card, where we have put it a microchip that stores your data. You'll use this card to sign up for classes, practical classes because the teacher will ask you to touch the machine in the class to verify whether you've attended the class or not.  Don't lose the card, if you can. But if you do, just come see us in the student administration office, okay?" the person who took his photo smiled at him as he explained everything. 

Suho bowed politely to the photographer and headed out to Zeus house. The school brochures has said that there are four houses under Trinity and each one is named after a Greek Gods and Goddesses; each house is separated by gender and people are assigned randomly. But there is a legend that the house that the person gets into will define that person's personality, way of thinking and behaviour. The houses with a Greek God name are for boys and vice versa. There are a total of 4 houses and each is a counterpart of the other; Zeus and Hera, Ares and Athena. Athena and Hera houses are occupied by girls and Zeus and Ares are inhabited by boys.

Suho looked at the campus map and got to his house without getting lost on the campus. Trinity is located in the southern part of the country, between two cities of Daegu and Busan. The school remained hidden away from public attention by not opening up near Seoul with the main reason being; to provide children with safe environment where they can enrich their lives while honing their skills. The campus contains everything a student needs on a daily basis and they can go out to Busan or Daegu on weekends to buy their supplies. It comprises of large halls to teach, residential houses, libraries, park, large dining hall for school events and so on so forth. 

As soon as Suho entered Zeus, which was a residential house of his own, he was blown away. "They had built a little world of their own here!" he exclaimed in his head as he walked through the front gate. As the photographer has said, his ID card is essential as it was needed to open the front gate and his room door. 

In the room 207, his roommate has already arrived and already sitting on the small sofa set in the room. Suho glanced around and saw that the room was built to provide two students needs. It is a rather large room that is comprised of a loft, which is accessible by a small staircase. The loft is where the two boys will be sleeping in separate beds and beneath the loft is living room comprising of a two-seater sofa, two bean bags, a coffee table, a set of wardrobes; one for each student, a bathroom, two desks, two bookcases, one big shoe cupboard and one mini bar to make hot water and coffee. 

Suho cleared his throat, which caused the other boy to look at. He was surprised by the looks of his roommate, who has light-brown hair neatly cut and styled, porcelain-like pale skin with an innocent face and a set of eyes that are as of a doe. The boy smiled and stood up from his seat. 

"Hi, you must be my new roommate," the other boy has a deep voice, despite his feminine appearance, "my name is Luhan. Xi Luhan. I'm from China, Beijing originally but I moved to South Korea since I was in elementary high, following my dad's job. This is my 3rd year in this school. What's your name?" 

"Kim Joon Myeon but please call me Suho. I prefer Suho over Joon Myeon. I'm from Seoul, originally. I just entered Trinity this year after applying for the 2nd time." 

"Oh, so you're the new student! That's so lucky, man. Because they only accept new students until the 3rd year of high school and no one is allowed to enter 4th year unless you have special permission to," the boy spoke enthusiastically. Suho couldn't help but be amazed by his set of eyes that seemed sparkling all the time. 

"I'm so sorry to say this on our first meeting but I really have to say this. I thought you were a girl at first," Suho blurted out, hoping the other boy wouldn't get offended. 

"It's okay," Luhan smiled as a shade of pink creeped across his face, "I get that alot. Actually, I'm the bishonen of Zeus," 

"Bishounen? Isn't that a Japanese word?" Suho echoed. 

"We live in a multicultural world, Suho. You'll see," Luhan grinned at him, "So, you're a new student, right?" 

"That's right." 

"Okay, I'll explain some things that you have to know so that you don't have to read the whole rule book. That book is really boring!! First thing, girls are not allowed in the residential house. This applies for boys too. Zeus's sister house is Hera, of course. And Ares is our frenemy," 

"Frenemy?" Suho quizzed. 

"Friends and enemy. We mostly get along but all of the students turn into eternal rival and sworn enemy when it's time for the annual sports day or exams. But the upside it, we all become chummy again. Second of all, make sure you don't cross Professor Oh, the vice principal because she will hunt you down and make your life miserable. She is also the discipline master," 

"Thirdly, clubs activities are the best part of being a student in Trinity because we have a huge diversity of classes. Make sure you join one because I assure you, you will have the time of your life. Fourth, never ever step outside the residential house after 7pm because if you do, you get a red stamp. 3 stamps will make you kiss goodbye to Trinity. Fifth and finally, we all eat our meals in the main hall everyday. Don't miss a meal and be nice to chefs, it pays off. Any questions?" 

"Not right now, actually. But thanks man," Suho raised his right hand and high-fived Luhan. 

"Would you like to come with me and go greet our neighbours?" asked Luhan. 

"Sure, it'd be awesome! Let me go change," 

Then, they walked out to meet their fellow Zeus habitants.