Apple Tree Story

After School Dating Club

“Sehun-ssi, can you please explain to me about what is the meaning of this?” Kris threw Sehun a question as he pulled out a set of telescope from his backpack and started to assemble.

“This?” Sehun chuckled nervously, “It’s a little, special something for today.”

They are all gathered up on the 2nd floor of the main building, at one of the big windows, which was overlooking the courtyard. The motive was to stealthily watch Jinhee as she confessed to Kai during lunch break. The boys all rushed to the cafeteria to grab packets of sandwiches and milk cartons just so they can observe what would happen when timid Jinhee confess to Kai, the lone wolf of the school.

As Suho watched Sehun assemble the telescope, a question shot into his head, “Sehun-ah, just a simple question. Where did you get this? I don’t remember you owning a telescope.” Sehun turned to face him and grinned like a Cheshire cat, “Hehehe….I slipped into the astronomy club and stole one,” he chuckled with a face full of mischief and took a sip from his milk carton. 

“I hope you don’t get caught,” Luhan warned Sehun with a concerned voice. He was standing while leaning onto the frame of the window and keeping an eye out for signs of Jinhee and Kai. “Here they come!”  he hissed and ducked down to hide from the vision.

“Okay, so….” Sehun looked through the telescope, “she is holding a little box,” he commentated. Kris mouthed “Why is this kid commentating?” at Luhan while pointing at Sehun. “Because he knows a little bit of lip reading and is good at it,” Luhan whispered. “Is there anything that this kid cannot do?” Suho muttered, “He’s like a jack of all trade but master of none.” Luhan explained in whisper, laughed quietly and patted Sehun on the back lightly, which earned the trio, Suho, Luhan and Kris, a glare.

“She’s now walking towards Kai, who is looking at her with his usual cold eyes. Brace yourself guys, she is now handing over the box to him and bowed. This is not good….”

“What is not good?” Suho asked.

“Kai is frowning,” Sehun continued, “And I know that it is not good when he frowns. It means he is thoroughly bothered.” He held his breath, “He is now asking her, ‘What is this?’ and she looks shaken and pale,” Sehun paused, “Girl, say it now!” he hissed and looked around to see the rest of the boys sitting on the floor, enjoying their milk and sandsiches. He squinted his eyes in annoyance, “I am so overwheled by your support,” he muttered the words sarcastically and continued watching the duo in the courtyard.

Five minutes into their little picnic, Luhan asked, “I just remembered. Where is our whiz kid?”

“Kyungsoo?” Sehun looked over his shoulder, “he had extra classes today and couldn’t make it. Or else he’d be here within a heartbeat,” he replied and continued watching Kai.

Kris chuckled, “I’m sure of that. He looks like he enjoys our company,” he took a bite from his sandwich and looked away into the corridor, which caused his eyes to widen into big, round balls. “DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!” his hissed in fury, “It’s Professor Oh, DUDE!! Pack away your telescope or else we’ll be in big trouble!!!”

Luhan, Suho and Kris quickly surrounded to cover up the telescope and Sehun, who is now packing up everything at the speed of light. Within a blink of an eye, every single parts from the telescope had been packed away neatly into Sehun’s bag. After that they all sat on the floor as if nothing happened and leaned back on the wall.

Soon enough, Professor Oh walked in strides, her trademark, in her high heels. Professor Oh is a strict looking woman who is in her early 50s. Her trademarks are her high heels, her immaculate suits, her strides and her strict demeanor when it comes to student.

“Good evening, Professor,” the quartet greeted her in unison, Professor Oh looked at them in suspicion. “Afternoon, young men. May I ask what are you guys doing here in this somewhat deserted corridor of the school during lunch break?” she frowned.

Suho quickly exchanged glances with Luhan, who looked like blood has drained from his face. He couldn’t blame Luhan for crumbling down in front of her because he was also sweating profusely underneath his uniform.

Kris beamed at Professor Oh, “We just want peace and quiet today and we thought we’d have our own little picnic here today, Professor.”

Her eyebrows eased a little, “Alright, Mr.Wu. Fair enough. Make sure you don’t skip class and hang around here.”

“Have I ever, Professor?” Kris flashed his white pearls again, “You know I’m a good student.”

“Yes, you are,” Professor Oh readjusted her glasses with the tip of her finger, “But Mr.Wu, I am not sure whether I have told you this but let me repeat. Your hair needs to go,” her slender finger pointed at Kris’s hair. He has caramel blonde hair, which reaches down his shoulder. But he always put his hair up in a neat ponytail during school hours.

“This?” Kris touched his pony tail at the back of his head, “Professor, you know that there is no such rule that we have to keep short, black hair all the time,” he pouted. Somehow, this made every single strand of hair on Suho to stand up in horror. Suho concluded that acting cute Kris has horrifying effect on him.

“Professor, I keep neat and tidy hair. I’m an ace as well as archery captain. I’m a good student!” Kris continued to protest cutely, Luhan was pulling a terrified face behind him without getting caught by the Professor.

“Fine. Fine. Fine,” Professor Oh held up her hand in annoyance to stop Kris, “Perhaps we should reintroduce the short, black hair rule again just so that we can get rid off the blonde hair craze you started with the girls. There had been so many girls with blonde hair at this school that it hurts my eye. Good day, young men,” she bade farewell and sauntered away.

Sehun heaved a sigh, “Dude, that was so close. Very close,” he wiped off sweat from his forehead and plopped himself on Luhan’s shoulder, “Luhan hyung,” he whined, “I think I just survived a heart attack.” Luhan chuckled softly and patted him on the back, “Man up, Sehunnie. Man up.”

“Let’s continue!” Sehun immediately scrambled up from floor and stood up to spy on the two again, “Oh no,” he clasped his face, “They’re gone…..” his voice tailed away in sadness. Luhan reached for his shoulder and patted slowly to soothe him. “It’s okay, Sehunnie. There will be more…”

Suho pursed his lips, “But how are we going to know what really happened?”  

“I suppose we could message her and ask what really happened,” Kris whipped out his mobile and started tapping away. “Since when you are curious about the whole club, Captain?” Luhan jested. Kris looked up from his mobile coldly and shot him a look, “There, I’ve sent her a message. I hope she replies it fast.”

Four of them headed back to their dorm room with slowly, upset footsteps. Without having to agree on it, they all headed towards Suho and Luhan’s room. As soon as they stepped into their room,they all plopped themselves on the sofa in the room except Sehun, who headed to his favorite spot, all looking dejected and downhearted.

“Hyungggggg~~” Sehun drew out his voice is called vaguely, the trio answered, “Huh?”

“I want to know what happened!!!!!” he protested and rolled once on the floor upstairs like a kid, raising his lanky arms and legs. “Sehun-ah, it’s not just you. We all what to know what happened too…” Luhan tried to comfort him with words. Kris, unlike his usual self, plopped himself on the sofa and held up his mobile weakly, checking for updates.

The door opened as D.O walked into the room and found the four of them with sad faces. His eyes widened to the size of a golf ball. “What happened to you guys?” he headed straight upstairs and took a seat on the floor beside Sehun, “Let’s get you upppppp!!! Heave!” He grabbed a hold and Sehun and helped him sit upright.

“Kyungsoo, did you hear anything from Kai?” Suho asked hopefully, waiting for a positive answer. To his dismany, D.O smiled apologetically, “I’m not too sure hyung. He hardly speaks to me but he had a really dark look today.”

Sehun groaned and rolled over once more. “Right, that’s it guys. I am hitting the showers, anyone coming with me?” Suho got up and headed over to his wardrobe. “Me” “Me” “Me” Sehun, Kris and Luhan all got up almost at the same time and joined him after responding to his question. “Guys, is it okay if I stay back and stay in your room?” D.O asked, all bright-eyed. Suho smiled at the kid, “He really does enjoy being here,” he thought to himself and nodded to let the kid stay back.

Suho’s murky mind was clear once he finished his shower, he headed back to his room, feeling fresh and alert. He had a towel on his wet hair and sashayed his way to his room. As soon as he entered the room, he was greeted by the view of D.O smiling so brightly.

“Kyungsoo-ah, why do you look so bright that it’s totally creeping me out?” D.O beamed even more after his question. “HYUNG!! We did it! We totally did it!!!”

“What?” “What?” “What?” Luhan, Sehun and Kris entered behind Kris and asked the same question in unison.

“I just checked the mailbox, Jinhee just email and she said they are going on a date!” D.O announced excitedly. The four boys cheered loudly and laughed happily. They all hugged each other and jumped around in joy. Some of the boys, who live nearby also came into their room and jumped around while huddling together. It was like a tradition of the house for other residents to come and join when there is a celebration. The same tradition applies when others see someone sad as well, they would come and give moral support.

They all continued jumped around with joy for about 10 minutes and then everyone went out, except D.O, Sehun, Kris, Luhan and Suho. They all sat down on the sofa in sheer excitement, with their faces flushed from the activity a while ago.

“You know what we should do tonight?” Kris shot a question. The boys looked at him, baffled. He grinned, “Ramen party!!!!”

~~

 

[A/N] I hope the readers still remember me. *nervous chuckle* I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it's a little weak.