First Project

After School Dating Club

"I've got a mail guys!!" Suho announced as he scanned through the computer screen. Sehun shouted "yes!!!!" and rushed to his side to read the e-mail and so did the other members. 

 

Hi Admin, 

Is it okay if I call you admin? I am not sure about sending a message like this to someone I don't know but I hope our personal information will be safe, right? Here I go. 

Name: Park Jinhee
House: Hera 
Year: 2
Romantic interest: Kim Jongin, he is also called Kai from year 2. 

I have been interested in him ever since we entered school. The problem is I don't know how to start a conversation with him since he has always looked so distant from the world and he keeps himself very private too. What do I do? I really want to talk to him....

 

Park Jinhee

 

Suho looked at his group members as soon as he has finished reading the letter. Everyone in the group looked somewhat slightly confused at the message. They all kept quiet before Kris broke the silence, "So.....what do we do?" 

"Does anyone here know Kim Jongin?" Suho questioned. "He's in my dance class," Luhan answered, "He's really good at dancing so he's allowed to take my class," Sehun raised his hand, "He goes to my acting class, too." 

"Is anyone close to him?" Suho asked again. Both of them shook their heads from side to side, "Kai is very mysterious. He hardly makes any friend and he usually stays by himself because that's how he is," Sehun explained. 

"That's hard...." Suho scratched his head, "Does anyone know...what's the girl's name again?" he looked at the screen to look for her name, "Park Jinhee?" Sehun raised his hand, "I do!!!" Suho raised his eyebrow, "Is there anyone in this school you don't know?" Sehun shrugged, "I pretty much know almost everyone," Luhan let out a laugh, "Sehun-ah, just say you are interested in raiding other people's snack stowaways by barging into their rooms or speaking to them with your puppy eyes to get food," Sehun smiled sheepishly at Luhan's remark. 

"We're getting off track here, Luhan," Suho reminded, "Sehun, who is Jinhee?" 

Sehun paused for a while to think hard, "Good question, because Jinhee is really unexpected. Ahem~ Allow me to elaborate a little. Kai has his fanclub of its own. Like our president here," he dramatically pointed at Kris, who frowned at him, "That fanclub is on par with ‘Kris’s Maidens’ but Jinhee was never seen in that group. Or I could say I have never seen her in that club when they follow him around. Maybe she's having the one sided crush seriously," 

"Guys, just in case you guys are forgetting, I live with Kai," D.O, who had been sitting quietly on the sofa, interrupted. "I can talk to him if you'd like...." 

"Dude...." Sehun said, looking appalled, "the point is to keep your identities secret....." 

"Oh right...." D.O shrunk on the sofa. 

"I have an idea..." Suho said and took over the keyboard on the laptop, "Why don't we stick to the normal? The same old cupids, putting love letters in place of her for him? Because D.O lives in same room with him he can sneakily do that, right?" 

D.O's eyes widened in shock and looked at them with wild eyes, “Oh no no no no, I am so not doing that. Over my dead body. Nope, I am not doing that, guys.”  Sehun rolled his eyes, “Dude, you even said you’d talk to him about Jinhee. What is so hard about leaving notes in his possessions?”

“But, this is different. What if he caught me and thought I’m gay?”

Sehun sighed, “D.O….. dude, seriously, you are doing that in secret. That is why you are not going to get caught, okay? Do it when he’s asleep or something.” D.O nodded weakly in agreement.

“So, now that is pretty much set. Who is going to write him the love letters?” Luhan asked. All eyes fell upon Luhan, who looked back at them In his sparkly, deer-like eyes, “Errrrrm, if you must know, I do not take literature nor I am poetic. What makes you guys think I’d be good at that?”

“Your face,” Sehun chuckled, “it just screams romantic and poetic. Plus, you look like the top who would enjoy reading poems and writing love notes with soft features of yours,”

“For future references, I. Am. Manly,” Luhan punctuated each and every word with his fist slightly punching into the palm of other’s. But, all of the guys chuckled to aggravate him, which made him fume up even more, “I AM!!!!”

Kris chortled a laugh and said, “I’ll do that guys. I’m interested in reading so I think I’ll give it a shot but I can't guarantee it'll be perfect though,”

“So, we’re all set. Now we have to do is to carry it out flawlessly,”

Two weeks flew passed them like a breeze. Within the two weeks timespan, the club had been trying very hard for Jinhee to get Kai’s attention. Kris had been writing love letters, in the place of Jinhee, almost every other day for D.O to slip into Kai’s school jacket or schoolbooks at night. Jinhee shared a class with both Sehun and Kai so, Sehun had been looking out and observing whether the twos have interacted well or not. Luhan and Suho were the members who didn’t have to do much since all they had to do was to think of when the club would like them to take a next step, which will happen after two weeks.

“Guys, it’s been two weeks,” Suho announced in one of the meetings, “I think it’s about time we take it to the next level?”

Kris pretended to rub his right hand and said, “Yes, we should because my arms are aching and my brains are oozing. You do not know how hard it is to write a love letter’s from a girl’s point of view. I have to make it sound as dreamy as possible and god knows how I am against dreamy and fluffy things.”

“But you like cheesy stuff,” Sehun commented as he pulled out a lollipop from his mouth with a pop, he is sitting at the loft as usual, “I’ve seen your notes. Very romantic and somewhat cheesy, to a point that it gave me goose bumps,” he feigned a shudder, which earned a glare from Kris.

D.O came into the room in his usual post, clutching a laptop to his chest and walking in a slight slouch, “D.O!” Suho called out, “can you hack into the school’s systems once again?” D.O nodded, “it’s very easy to do. What do you want me to do?” he hurled for a spot on the sofa, competing with Sehun, which is their favorite game whenever either one entered the room the other was in.

Flipping his laptop open, D.O repeated his question, “I’m all set, what do you guys want me to do?”

“I want you to hack into the system and see when they will have free periods in between classes and that’s when I want Jinhee to go up to Kai and finally confess,” Suho said. D.O started typing away on his laptop, “Nope, can’t do. They don’t have same free periods but same class…”

Kris interrupted, “Guys, don’t we have athletic day next week?”

“What is that?” Suho asked, “It’s a day where everyone from different houses compete for the cup. The cup is presented at the end of the second semester. We have on in the first semester and another one in the second. We all total up the score at the end after the end of competitions and the house with the highest score gets the trophy,”

“What’s happening? Sorry I’m late guys, football practice,” Luhan erupted into the room with a bang. He was wearing football uniform, his clothes covered in dirt and his shoes in mud,

“Hey Luhan, we’re just talking about how we want to take the whole thing to the next level,” Suho summarized the whole meeting for him.

Luhan reached for a bottle of water on the table, “Good idea,” he swigged out a mouthful, “Do it!”

“But, how?” Kris questioned, “We were looking for some ways for her to finally come out and appear in front of him because the messages we’ve been sending had been hiding her identity,”

Sehun pursed his lips, “How about this? We just ask her to go up to him and confess that the letters were from her and to tell him that she likes him and that she’d like to go out with him? Short, straightforward and sweet,” he put out a suggestion.

“I guess that’s what we have left to do,” Suho said as he pulled out his laptop to type.

 

Hi Jinhee,

It’s the admin from the club. As we have been updating you, we have been sending secret letters to Kai for the past couple of weeks and I think it’s about time we take it to the next level.

We have decided that it’s time for you to take initiative and talk to him and confess to him during the lunch break. He usually has lunch by himself under the apple tree in the main courtyard, which we presume we have already found out. Have courage and do it.

We wish you best of luck.

After School Dating Club

x