What is a Bishounen?

After School Dating Club

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~" Sehun exclaimed and started laughing while rolling in the floor as Luhan re-emerged from the bathroom, his outfit different from the usual lounge wear of sweater and pajama bottoms. Today, he was wearing a cheong-sam(a Chinese traditional dress) and on his head was a long, blonde wig. Luhan threw a hard glance at Sehun and pursed his lips, while he kept his head proud and high. 

"Pfffffft," the rest of the boys couldn't control their laughter and joined Sehun as they laughed their hearts out, except Suho, who is feeling awkward whether to be concerned about Luhan's sudden appearance as a woman or that he should join the boys in their hysteric roar of laughter. 

"What is this?" Suho asked feebly. Kris patted his back, while laughing out loud with his teeth and gums fully exposed. 

"Luhan is Zeus's bishounen," Kris was wiping way his tears of laughter. "Bishounen?" Suho echoed, "What is bishounen?" 

Kris wiped his tears away before explaining it to Suho, "Bishounen is the title we give to those individuals who has appeals of both men and women." 

"You mean being 'androgynous'?"

"Similar, but not exactly. This term was first coined when a lot of students from Japan, who also happened to be best of friends, came to Trinity to study together. They were a crazy bunch, seriously. They occupied both Zeus and Ares and they persuaded all the boys in both dorms to pick a 'bishounen' and they picked one guy from each dorm with the most effeminate features to be the bishounen. And, the tradition was kept alive by the rest by calling it the 'bishounen week'." 

"Isn't that offensive?" 

"Dude, it's just for fun. It's just for one week and then we all go back to normal. Of course, we take away the title if the guy is extremely offended but for most of the time, they all played along." 

"Right," Suho added with an unsure voice, "so, what exactly does a bishounen do?" 

"A bishounen does nothing. We do things to them." Suho's eyes widened as Kris ended his sentence. 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA," Kris pointed at his face, "dude, you should have seen your face just now. Okay, let me explain myself further. A bishounen gets hugged and kissed on the cheeks by anyone in the same house or if the girls want they can but it's rare, and it's as a joke of course, during that one week." 

"Sounds delightful," Suho joked and looked at Luhan, who has put on a gloomy face, "So, Luhan decided to stick to his roots and go with a cheong-sam, eh?" 

"Shut up. It's not like I enjoy it. Imagine being hugged and kissed by random people during that one week," Luhan shuddered. 

"But, Luhan-hyung, you look very pretty....." Kyungsoo was admiring Luhan from afar, while sitting on the sofa inside the room as usual. Kai had a smirk on his face, since he didn't want to look rude by laughing out loud like the other guys, which is also because he is not close to Luhan like the rest. 

Sehun disappeared from his room for a while and came back with a cardboard box. "What is that?" Luhan asked. Sehun grinned and opened the box. Inside the boxes were assortment of female accessories, hair clips, pins, wigs, fans, etc. Luhan rolled his eyes and sighed, "Sehun-ah, please, I don't enjoy it." 

"HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE," Sehun did the creepiest of all the laughs in the room as he pulled out all a fan and handed over to Luhan. Out of all the 6 boys in the room, Sehun looked the most excited about Luhan being the bishounen and Luhan, of course, is the least excited one. 

"Try it! Try it!" Sehun urged Luhan to open the fan and pose, which Luhan did with a half-amused face. Sehun fell onto floor with great laughter again. 

"What's wrong with this kid?" Kai shook his head. He never understood how Sehun can be hyper at times and solemn at some. 

Suho and Kris both walked over to the box and started playing with accessories, as if they were just dropped from an alien ship. Suho picked up a hairpin casually and started flicking it between his fingers, "Kris, is it necessary to cross-dress?" Kris shook his head, "No, but there's a reason."

"What's the reason?" 

"BISHOUNEN CONTEST!!!!" Sehun happily shouted as he put a flower pin into Luhan's hair, which Luhan scowled at.