a not-so-ordinary birthday (cont)

It all started with a birthday gift

Yuna’s POV-------------

 

I was excited to open the box.  What could it be? A new BIGBANG album? A necklace?  I took off the lid and was extremely confused at what I saw.

 

“2 tickets to LA?!” I looked up confusingly at my unni. “What is this?”

 

She still had a smile on her lips and said, “ Take them out.” I did and then I saw it, my second gift. I screeched so loud that the manager next door came in to ask what was wrong.

 

“Oh, sorry, nothing is wrong,” Taylor’s dad said, “My daughter’s best friend is just really happy. I’m sorry to disturb you.” The manager suspiciously peeked around.

 

“Are you sure you’re fine?”

 

“Yes. Thanks for your concern,” I said, “ Sorry for the trouble.”

 

I turned to face my unni.

 

“OH MY GOSH! YOU REALLY GOT THOSE TICKETS?!?!?!”

 

“SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Taylor and her father said at the same time.

 

“How can I?!? I’ve been dreaming about it since like….5 years ago!!!” I started jumping up and down. “Oh My Gosh! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!”

 

 

 

Taylor’s POV

 

Those VIP BIGBANG tickets were worth it. Yuna seemed so happy. She was still jumping up and down on our way home.

 

“Yah pabo dongseang. Go to sleep, your graduation is tomorrow.”

 

“Oh alright,” she said reluctantly, “Good night. See you tomorrow. Thanks for an awesome birthday!”

 

“You’re welcome,” I said, “Good night.”

 

 

 

Yuna’s POV

 

Graduation Day------------------------

 

I can’t believe that I finally finished college. My time at New York University (NYU) went by in a flash. I couldn’t believe I’m going to one of the top medical schools in the country next year. I was so excited.

 

After the head professor’s lonnnggg speech, graduates were finally announced and it was my turn to go up.

 

“Yuna Li. Graduated in Pre-Med and Japanese. Going to Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. Congratulations.” I heard a loud cheer from the crowd and walked to my professor to receive my diploma. I felt like my life was finally complete. Well, almost.

 

Between hugs and exchanging of emails, the graduation was finally over. I was very tired and wanted to plop into my comfy bed at home. But, being the party animal she is, Taylor wanted us to go to a club.

 

“Come on! It will be fun!”

 

“But our flight is tomorrow! We need to pack!”

 

“Pack. Flash. We pack when we come back tonight.”

 

“B-But—“

 

“Oh come on already,” Taylor said, dragging me into her sleek BMW, “ you really need to loosen up, school is over!”

 

 

Taylor POV

 

I drove to the hot new club, Love Club. I dragged Yuna into the club and to the bar. I ordered two Sunset Glows, their signature drink. I gave one to Yuna and raised the glass to a toast.

 

“For surviving college,” I said cracking a smile. We clicked glasses and downed the glass.

 

Taylor POV

 

I ordered another Sunset Glow and downed it in one gulp.

 

“Let’s dance,” I said to Yuna.

 

“No, its ok, you,” she said, “I’m not feeling good.”

 

“Tipsy?” I asked.

 

“Yup,” Yuna said, “you know I have low alcohol tolerance.”

 

“You’ll be ok?” I asked.

 

“Yes.” And so I made my way to the middle of the dance floor.  This is gonna be on fun night.

 

Yuna’s POV

 

I wasn’t feeling so good. I was dizzy already. I only drank 4 shots. Or was it 5? 6 maybe? I couldn’t remember.

 

“Heyyy y,” this man whispered into my ear, “want to go home with me babe?” I felt his hot breath on my neck. Ew. I may be drunk but I ain’t stupid. Without a word, I brushed past him and wobble-walked to Taylor and dragging her out of the club.

 

The Next Day-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Few hours later we finally arrived in LA. Taylor was thrilled whereas I was cringing to every loud noise there was. Taylor wanted us to tour around the city. All I wanted was some aspirins and sleep, but of course Taylor won that argument. We started walking around LA, visiting the famous landmarks in the blazing heat. We ran like little girls at a playground.

 

We finally checked into our hotel and as soon as we got to the room, I plopped down onto the bed and fell asleep immediately. It’s gonna be a big day tomorrow.


sorry guys not interesting yet i know. itz coming itz coming.