A not-so-ordinary Birthday

It all started with a birthday gift

Yuna's POV--------------

Yuh-ba-sae-yo...

Yuh-ba-sae-yo?

 

(Yeah) love is pain

Dedicated to all my broken-hearted people

One's old a flame... just scream my name

And I’m so sick of love songs (yeah)

I hate them damn love songs... moment of ours

 

Ugh….. I rolled over in my bed, wanting more sleep.

 

I'm so sorry but I love you da geo-jit-mal

 

I'm so sorry but I love you

I'm so sorry but I love you

(I love you more and more)

I'm so sorry but I love you na-reur tteo-na

Cheon-cheon-hi ij-eo-jur-rae

Nae-ga a-pa-har su iss-ge

 

“AISH,” I said as I woke up groggily and turning off my alarm. I yawned as I walked to the bathroom. Slowly brushing my teeth, I realized my unni had already left the house. I hurried to finish brushing and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Only to realize I was late for class.

 

OH NO.  I ran to get a snack bar when I found a note on the table; I grabbed it and ran out the house, into class.

 

“Mooshiwake arimasen ga watashi wa osoidesu (I’m sorry I’m late),” I said to my Japanese professor. He seemed to forgive me because of my awesomely said Japanese.

  

I sat down in my seat and took out everything I needed when I saw the note I had left home with. It said:

 

“Seang-gil chuk-ka-hae. (happy birthday) Hope you have a good one! Sorry I couldn’t be there when u woke up, Yuna, but I have a job interview today. I’ll make it up to you. Love you. See you later. Aieru (I love you)!" ~ Unni

 

"WHAT?!" I yelled out startling the class and my professor.

 

"Watashi wa zan'nendesu (I’m sorry)" I bowed sitting my down on my seat.

 

"She scheduled a job interview on my birthday?" Thinking in my mind, but showed the anger in my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taylor's POV:

Earlier that morning------------

"Seang-gil Chuk-ka-hae! Hope you have a good one! Sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up, Yuna, but I have a job interview today. I'll make it up to you. Love you. See you later. Aieru!" I wrote on a post-it.

 

I felt really bad writing that, life just runs the way you don’t want it to, and I just had to have a job interview on my dongseang's birthday. Luckily, I had everything planned out yesterday. I grab my keys, and walk out the door ready and into my car.

 

I got to the interview just in time to hear them call my name.

 

"Taylor FIGHTING!" I whisper to myself.

 

10 minutes later~

 

I walk out of the office. I probably bombed that, but whatever. I have enough money to last me through my 20's thanks to my lovely dad. It's 11AM. I had enough time to plan Yuna's birthday surprise. I head to my dad's restaurant. He knew what today was and lent me the restaurant for the day. When I was in college, I was in-charge of the party planning, so it all came well to me. I loaded out the helium tank and started to blow up the balloons. Soon the ceiling was full of them. I learned how to bake cakes in high school, and also I knew how to ice them. I got Yuna’s favorite flavor, vanilla, cake mix, and I made my favorite flavor, red velvet. I layered the cake so it would be Vanilla, red velvet, and Vanilla. Yuna doesn't mind red velvet, in fact, that's her second favorite.

 

My dad had already prepared the steaks for us, and the red wine.  On top of this party, I had an extra gift. I know she would love this present, considering she practically breathes BIGBANG.

 

It's already 4pm, Yuna is out of school.

 

-------------

Yuna's POV:

---------

"IT'S THE LAST DAY OF COLLEGE!" I screamed as I ran around the campus. And tomorrow is my graduation!

 

Naega michyeogayo ijen jichyeogayo

Liar liar stupid liar liar liar la

 

My phone was ringing. It's Unni!

 

"Wei?"

 

"Yuna?"

 

"Yea, it’s me! IM SORRY!!!!!"

 

"UNNI!!! How could you do that to me?!"

 

"MIAN!!! You know I love you!"

 

"Unni, where are you right now?"

 

"Oh, uhh...uh... at an office. yea, an office."

 

"ok. good luck on your interview!"

 

"Kumawo! oh, meet me at Central Park at 5?"

 

"for what?"

 

"Just do it!"

 

"ok."

 

"bye, see you later"

 

"bye"

 

An hour later, I get off the bus, I see Unni across the street.

 

"Yuna!!" she called out.

"Unni!!!" I yelled back.

 

I crossed the street, and ran to hug her, but then I remembered that I was supposed to be angry at her, but I couldn't. I never could.

 

"I’m sorry, but I love you. hehe." unni said to me, knowing I would giggle.

"it's ok unni, I understand you and it's not like you missed my birthday completely!" I said with a smile.

 

“I could never!” Taylor said, “ OH yea, we have to go my dad’s restaurant, something happened there yesterday.”

 

“oh ok,” I said “lets go.” There are always things happening at the restaurant. It's probably nothing big this time.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Taylor's POV:

 

Daddy was already at the door with the confetti. Yuna went in first.

 

"Happy Birthday!!!!!" daddy yelled out. I came in and saw wide open.

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You didn't think that there would not be a party, did you?" I said to her.

 

"Not like this, no." Yuna was still in shock.

 

We sat down and one of my dad's waiters came out with the cake and the food. Yuna blew out the candle as we sang the birthday song in english, korean and japanese.

 

After we finished the food, Yuna asked if there was anything else in store for her.

 

"Uhhh...no?" I said trying to not laugh.

 

"So this is it?" She asked with a frown.

 

"Uhh...yea..." giving her reassurance that nothing else was coming. “I’m KIDDING. GOSH. You should see the look on your face!” I start giggling and hand her the box.

 

THANK YOU TO MY TOTTALLY AWESOME BEST FRIEND FOR HELPING ME WRITE THIS!! :)