2

Out Of Bounds

As the sun rose, Andy let out a relieved sigh, he couldn't go back to sleep after the incident. He didn't know that creatures on Earth could be so dangerous and frightening. Hyesung had always told him that Earthly creatures are friendly and kind, only human are indifferent. Due to their indifference and oblivious nature, most human can not see angels nor devils even though they are protected by angels. As sunlight shone onto Andy, he transformed into his original state, his wing was healed quickly since it wasn't a severe injury.

 

Andy closed his eyes, took a deep breath of the fresh air from the trees in the park, it made him feel refreshed and energetic. He cleared his throat and let out a sweet melody, singing had became an irresistable habit. His warm voice was filling in every space of the park, soft and melliflous but still audible. As the song continued, the angelic voice resonantly sank into one's heart, brought out peaceful and contented feeling. Flocks of birds were circling around Andy as they were magnetically drawn in by the voice. Immersed in his own world, Andy was unawared of his surrounding, all he wanted was to sing his heart out.

 

Eric was watching Andy from not so far away, just a few trees, he was looking for another chance to attack. He had once again, tranformed, but this time, it was human form. As soon as the angel let out his voice, Eric had fallen in love, his reason was thrown away. It was a voice that eradicates all evil intentions, a pure voice that erases wrongful thoughts, eases any pain and sadness. It was  a voice that evokes happiness, satisfaction and love. Unknowingly, Eric had walked toward the angel, he was captivated by the sweet yet powerful melody that he had never heard before. Standing right in front of Andy, all Eric wanted was to embrace the angel, to treasure that delicate creature but he couldn't. Eric was petrified, he could only stared intensely at Andy while the melody was ringing in his ears.

 

The song had came to an end, Andy slowly opened his eyes and startled by Eric's presence. He was certain that there was nobody in the park before. However, he wasn't too concerned because he thought Eric can not see him. To his surprise, Eric blinked and commented.

 

"Woooooow! You have an amazing voice!"

"You can see me?" Andy asked in surprise.

"Yup! I can see you perfectly. I can even hear your voice. What's so surprising about that?" Eric was playing innocent even though he knew the reason damn well.

"It's just.... I'm an angel and human normally can't see us."

"You are an angel? I don't believe it, stop joking." Just like his sly nature, Eric loved to play dumb.

"Can you see these wings on my back?" Andy asked as he spreaded his wings wide open. They were beautifully white, the purest white wings that didn't project any other colour but crystal clear. If you have to compare, his wings were like diamond, the purest always has the clearest and shiniest spark without any other colours.

"Those wings are so beautiful. Are they real? Can you actually fly?" Eric gasped, it was his first time seeing Andy's full wings so up close. It was even more beautiful than the first time he had seen it.

"Of course they are real." Andy flied around Eric to prove his ability.

"Why are you here then? Don't angels live in Heaven?" Eric was trying to dig out some information so he could know more about Andy.

"I'm here for a mission, I need to find the water archangel, his name is Hyesung. Mine is Andy by the way. Had you seen other angel before? You know, one that has wings and floats around like me." Andy asked, hoping Eric had seen Hyesung somewhere.

"Nope, you are the first. I'm Eric. Do you just fly around everyday searching for him?"

"I can only look for him during day time, when I am in this form. At night, I transformed into a smaller version with less power because I am a low class angel. Only high class angels can maintain their true form through out the night. It's quite troublesome." Andy replied with a worrried voice as he recalled last night event.

"Where do you stay for the night then? Isn't it dangerous if you can't use your power?" 

"I stayed at this park last night but it seemed unsafe, maybe I just have to find another park."

"Do you want to stay at my place?"

"Can I? Really?" Andy screamed in joy, he didn't know human could be so nice. Once again, Andy thought Hyesung was right about Earthly creatures.

"Yeah, I live alone anyway. Do you have some spare time now? I can show you my house."

"I would love to see it now. Thank you so much."

 

The two walked to Eric's house since it was quite close to the park, well, not exactly walked because Andy was just floating next to Eric. The house was big with a gigantic garden at the back because Eric loved natural view. He was the only devil that bought human's property, it was his 4D nature after all. The house was very beneficial to him since he had used it to attract many women, not that he interested in them, he only wanted their souls. Sometimes, he would play around with them first before consuming their souls.

 

"Why do you live in such a big house alone? Don't you feel lonely?" Andy asked as he roamed around sightseeing.

"I love spacious house. It is not that lonely anyway, I can always find something to do." Eric responded while thinking Like luring some poor souls or having a party with my underlings. They love to party so much, especially Minwoo, that party animal.

"Do you want something to eat?" Eric asked as he opened the fridge.

"I can't eat anything beside honey and I can only drink milk."

"Why? Don't you feel hungry? Don't you starve?" Eric was surprised, even for devils that only eat souls, they can still eat human food. And Eric had to admit that he loves the taste of human food.

"It's forbidden because most food made from life forms. Angels don't really need to eat, we just need to breathe fresh air from trees and sunlight."

"That's disappointing. You are missing out on an amazing part of life. I want to cook delicious meals for you."

"Thanks for your intention. How can I pay back the debt?"

"There's no need to."

"Hmmm... How about I'll grant you one wish, please tell me your wish."

"Then stay by my side forever." Eric blurted out without thinking.

"I can't stay forever but I will stay until I find Hyesung. Isn't there anything else?" Andy asked earnestly, he didn't want to be indebted. Eric mentally facepalmed himself when he heard Andy's reply, he didn't know Andy was this innocent to not understanding the hidden meaning.

"There's nothing else. You can clean the house and water the garden if you really need to do something in return." eric smiled at Andy, a bitter smile when he knew that Andy would not stay for long.

 

 

-----------------------------------

Hours later

It was already night time but Andy hadn't return from his search for Hyesung. Eric was getting worried, he couldn't go with Andy because he didn't want to reveal his true identity. As he was getting more nervous, Eric couldn't stay still and wait any longer, he decided to go and look for his angel. He searched all the nearby parks but Andy was nowhere in sight, not even his scent nor the light from his wings could be seen. Impatiently, Eric spreaded his wings, flew up high to get a bigger view. He had almost gave up but a faint light caught his attention, it was the light from Andy's wings. He swiftly flew to the location, which was a small dead end, to see Andy had been surrounded by three devils.

 

"Little angel, consider yourself lucky to be consumed by us." One of the devil laughed disgustingly.

"It's forbidden but don't you think that's why forbidden fruits are the most delicious? All this temptation." Another one said while drooling.

"Our powers had increased a lot ever since we started to hunt for angels. This one would probably gives us enough power to be as strong as a noble." The third one said while staring hungrily at the scared angel.

"Look at those wings, I want to take a bite already!" The first one his lips as he approached closer to Andy, he was about to rip the wings out.

"Stop right there!" Eric powerfully shouted at them.

"Who are you to order us around?" The three devils shouted back, annoyed since their meal was interrupted.

"I can't believe that lowly class devils like you dare to talk to me like that! Should I just rip those heads off instead of sending you to Hell? You don't know how much I would love to." Eric smirked evilly while furiously shouted at the devils.

"We are sorry, we didn't recognise you straight away. Forgive us, please." The three devils were shaking in fear, kneeling on their knees as they saw Eric's wings. They were doomed, mikkulaji Ric was famous for being cruel and unforgiving. He was one of the most influencial devil of the noble bloodline.

"Forgive? Just how many angels had you kill already? Don't you know a war might break out because of you?"

"We were out of our mind, please spare us."They were clinging onto Eric's legs.

"The council will deal with you guys." Eric said as he casted a spell to open the portall to Hell, precisely, to Hell's courtroom.

"Please spare us..."

"Too bad, you shouldn't have messed with my beloved." Eric kicked them into the portal.

 

Eric rushed over to Andy's side, the poor angel was still too shock to respond to his call. Slowly regaining his consciousness, Andy stared at Eric with a confused look. He was attacked by devils, he fully understood that, it was frightening but nothing usual. But the fact Eric was also a devil confused Andy. Why would Eric help me if he was a devil? Why would he be nice to me? 

"You are a devil?" Andy asked.

"I'm sorry for lying but you wouldn't be friend with me if you knew." Eric apologised sincerely.

"Are you planning on eating me, just like those devils?"

"No! I will never do that. I will protect you. I love you, Andy-ah." Eric blurted his inner feeling out without thinking, he regreted it as soon as he said it.

"You love me?"Andy opened his eyes wide, his jaw dropped. That why he saved me, I'm glad. I didn't know that devils can love.

"Don't worry about it. Let's be friends and get to knw each other more. I won't harm you, I promise."

"Um... Thanks for saving me." Andy blushed. He thought Eric's heroic appearance was somewhat cool and charismatic, a piece of his heart already belonged to Eric.

 

Eric was carrying Andy on his shoulder, he wanted to show the angel his favourite place before they head home. The night breeze was brushing against them but Andy felt warm sitting on Eric's shoulder, he felt protected and secured. The place they had arrived at was the rooftop of the 63 building, the place to see the whole view of Seoul.It was magnificient and Andy loved it.

"Why did you take me here?"

"Just because." Eric smirked teasingly at chibi Andy.

"Come on, tell me." Andy used his whole body to nudge Eric's arm.

"It just has a beautiful view. I thought it would calm you down and clear your mind. That's all. You might be able to find that arc-angel quicker this way."He didn't want Andy to leave so soon but it was better for Andy to leave. It was dangerous for him to stay so Eric decided to help Andy to find the water arc-angel.

"You're so cute in this form!" Eric picked Andy up and gave him a peck on the cheek which made the angel blushed in bright red.

 

The two of them were enjoying the moment too much that they didn't realise there were two other figures approaching them.

 


 

Chapter 2 is here :)) Hope you guys enjoy it, even though I asked for comment but it's so depressing to not see many :'( It breaks my heart jokes, only a little sad. So what do you think about this chapter?

P/S: should I write M-rated? I'm considering it for this fic to have a few M moments, what is your opinion?