8

Out Of Bounds

"It's been awhile, Hyesungie." The figure greeted warmly. "And don't think of escaping, I didn't come for you." 

"But how?" Hyesung was shocked, he thought he had removed the tracking spell on Andy already.

"Can't you at least invite me inside? We can't hold any serious conversation at the doorway, you know." The figure chuckled.

"Oh.. Ah.. Yea.. Come in..." Hyesung stepped aside, let the other slipped in and he led both of them to the living room.

As soon as both of them entered the room, Andy immediately shot up from his seat and bowed whereas the others were clueless.

"Dongwan-nim..." Andy was trembling in fear, for the highest angel to come here, it meant that everyone is in deep trouble, serious trouble.

"Relax, I'm not here to capture any of you, separating nor forcing you to go back to Heaven. But it would have been better if you followed the order and returned to Heaven before, Andy-ah. Now, things are a bit out of hands but there's still solution to resolve all this." Dongwan made himself at home by sitting on the empty sofa, Hyesung quickly sat beside Junjin, eyes were ogling at his only friend. The three devils were staring, but of course, with other questions in mind, and the common question was about the identity of the being that had just entered their house.

"In case you don't know me, I'm Dongwan. The highest angel in Heaven, you can call me father of all angels if you wish to." As if he could read their mind, Dongwan introduced himself while smiling brightly.

"What's brought you here, if not to punish us?" Junjin glared at the angel, he was not intimidated by Dongwan's status as he, himself, was the second prince of Hell afterall.

"To solve the problem that you guys should have realised by now? And also, to clear some misunderstandings..." That I had purposedly laid out when I sent Andy, oh, how mighty I was. Dongwan almost chuckled from his thoughts but he remained composed.

"Are you talking about how Andy couldn't transform?" Eric blurted out as he was extremely worried  for his angel.

"Bingo! But let me have the long overdue conversation with Hyesung first, as I fear that if the second prince of Hell and the water archangel join forces, I might be killed before anything is solved." Dongwan laughed as he looked around the room, his eyes settled onto a particular being. Interesting, who we have here.

"Cut to the chase already! You're not going to punish us?" Hyesung interogated.

"Don't be so mean Hyesungie. Why should I punish you when you had done nothing wrong."

"Ehhh??" Everyone jawdropped, they had all thought that they had committed death-penalty crime.

"Didn't you read the paperworks when you signed them? Both of you? Were you that distracted?" Dongwan's eyes were glittering up.

"What about the paperworks?" Hyesung asked.

"Guess you really didn't read at all, considering how some pages were stained with...hmm.. substances.. But if you had actually read it, none of this would happen. But then someone would be sad if all this mess didn't occur right?" Dongwan glanced at Andy and Eric, whom were cuddling and waiting for their problem to be solved.

"So?" Junjin couldn't hold back his temper as the matter was dragging for way too long to his liking.

"As of that day, after both of you had signed the paperworks, angels and devils are allowed to be in relationships as long as their powers are compatible and maintain the peace between Heaven and Hell. In cases of incompatible, we had potions to fix the problem, but that's only if it was discovered early." 

"Bastard! Why didn't you contact me when you knew about this? From the very beginning! So much for being friends in centuries..." Hyesung growled, he couldn't believe that he had been running away from nothing, feared of nothing.

"You're just too skillful at hiding from all my messengers, how else would I contact you if you took off abruptly like that? Not like I can place tracking spell on you like I did with Andy... Also, didn't you have a great time anyway? Leaving this old friend lonely in my palace, we used to discuss so much fun stuffs together." Dongwan winked.

"Yah!!" Hyesung shouted.

"And isn't it better this way, Andy got to find his special person." Dongwan grinned.

"Well, yea... You setted everything up from the beginning didn't you?" Hyesung glared at his friend but his anger was gone already. They wouldn't be friends for that long if Hyesung couldn't handle this much.

"I deserve some entertainments and funs too! Look at all the wrinkles around my eyes, don't you know how stressful it is to handle Heaven's matters?" 

"Stressful my ! You get wrinkles from unheavenly thoughts." Hyesung cracked up.

"But why was the palace seemed chaotic when I was there?" Andy suddenly voiced out.

"Oh... It was celebration day as many angels seem have to secret relationships, thinking that I wouldn't know. They were just happy that they are finally able to show their true feelings. Young angels these days, love comes easy doesn't it? What's an old man like me going to do?"

"You always stalk them even when you have heaps of things to attend to." Hyesung commented. "Get yourself someone already, aren't you quite capable?"

"Since that had resolved, can you tell me how to get Andy back to normal?" Eric was annoyed that Dongwan and Hyesung was drifting off from the important issue, well, important to Eric, and reminiscing about their memories instead.

"Well, Hyesung and Junjin are fine together because they're on the same level of power. But you two, you are overpowering him." Dongwan pointed at Eric. "And it didn't help when you guys decided to go all the way on Earth, where the air is so polluted and contaminated. It had sped up the deterioration rate."

"What? So this had happened because we had ?" Eric's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Once or twice wouldn't have resulted in this but I guess you had way more than that. Also, one of the effect of the deterioration is that one would feel extreme lust and desire for physical and ual contacts. They just can't help themselves which I guess you didn't notice and keep on giving him what he wanted." Dongwan calmly explained but as words were said, Eric's heart was pierced. 

He thought he was just making Andy happy, he thought it was because Andy wanted to be with him. The devil was devastated to know that he was the reason, well, partly, that Andy's condition was worsening. He blamed himself for not noticing how strange for an innocent Andy to be that needy, for following his own desire instead of using his head or once. Everything almost collapsed, crumbled within him but Eric felt a strong grip on his hand, it was Andy. The look in the angel's eyes were telling that it was not his fault, that Andy understood but that had just made everthing worse for Eric.

"Isn't there any way?" Minwoo asked, he had been staying silence but it was too heart-breaking and the couples couldn't bring themselves to ask.

"If Andy had returned, he could have fully recover but now, it's too late to return everything to original state. However, there's a way to stop the deterioration..." Before Dongwan could finish his sentence, Eric was on his knee, almost begging.

"Please tell me, what is it?" 

"There's a potion that transform him into a human, but considering his life energy had been drained to this extend, in his human form, he can only live for one year. But then again, it would be much better than now, I can see that he has only a mere month to live." 

"Isn't there any other way to prolong his human life span?" Hyesung asked, knowing that with Dongwan's power, he could do something about it.

"Well, yes. If he, what's your name anyway?" Dongwan pointed at Eric, it was annoying to talk without knowing the person's name. 

"Eric." Eric quickly replied.

"If Eric is willing to give up his power and drink the same potion as Andy, I can convert that power into life force so that Andy can live longer. But not that much longer, maybe 5 years?" Dongwan furrowed his eyebrows as he estimated.

"But that is so short!! Don't you dare give your life span to me! One year or five, it's all the same. I rather for you to live on..." Andy cried out.

"I can't live on without you. I rather die together then continue this eternal life alone. It's already too painful just to think about it. Please, let me be help you. With those five years, we can make many more memories, we will live life to fullest, as long as we have each other. Please..." Eric looked into his beloved's eyes, showing how sincere he was. 

"Alright..." Andy simply nodded, he was too touched to let out any more words.

"Very well, I'll perform the ritual tomorrow since I'm too tiring from transitting today. Oh, I'm also planning to stay here for a few months so please show me a room." Dongwan smiled.

"What!? You're staying here for a few months?? What about Heaven?" Hyesung stared at his friend in disbelief.

"I'm on holiday, the other three arc-angels can take care of it."

The rest of the day was lively for everyone apart from Eric and Andy. Both of them withdrawn into their room to have discussion and heart-to-heart talk. 

 

Late at night

 

The house had gotten quiet as the couples drifted into their slumbers. Dongwan slowly, carefully moved toward a particular room. He cautiously slipped into the dark room, approached the bed with twinkles in his eyes. As the angel was about to crouch down on the floor, beside the bed, a cough from the corner of the room startled him. Dongwan turned his head to see his target was standing there which made him blushed in embarrassment, not that both could see in the darkness, or maybe it was just the other that could see.

"I didn't know angels can be this sneaky. To creepily enter one's room and watch them in their sleep." Minwoo the light though he dislikes the brightness of it. "So what's brought you here?"

"Just because." Dongwan quickly gained back his composure as he approached Minwoo. "You're the special one." The angel whispered a warmth breath into the other's ear.

"What!?"

"Let's sit down first." Dongwan was half sitting, half lying on the bed when Minwoo was just leaning against the wall.

"Don't you ever get curious about your parents?" Dongwan asked.

"No, I was too busy. There's no point anyway." Minwoo let out a sigh, somewhere in the corner of his heart, he did want to find out.

"They are the first angel-devil couple, back in the time when it was forbidden. They detested all kind of forces that came to separate them, it was true love." Dongwan almost whispered.

"What had happened to them?" Minwoo coldly asked, to him, it didn't matter if they truly love each other, what matter was why did they abandoned him, the seed of their love.

"Heaven and Hell couldn't turn a blind eye any longer when the news of them conceiving a child broke out. They were sentenced to death, never to be reborn in any form, forever wandering spirits in the realm of void. If only I was the highest angel back then, I could have prevent such cruel fate. It was one of my many regrets." Dongwan looked down at the floor, he was sorry for Minwoo that due to such rules, he had became parentless when he had done nothing wrong.

"Hahahaha so that's why I'm stuck with this ridiculous half angel, half devil form that had troubled me so much? To the point that I was on verge of death for countless times...." Minwoo let out an empty bitter laugh, but a single drop of tear rolled down his cheek. Dongwan gently wiped it away with his finger. 

"It must have been lonely and tough..." The angel patted Minwoo's shoulder, his heart was sinking.

"Well, I have Eric, and now, Andy and Hyesung and Junjin. It's not that tough anymore." Minwoo smiled, thinking of his sworn brother and friends. "But they do have each other..."

"I love you." Dongwan bluntly blurted out. 

"What!?" Minwoo's heart almost dropped as he received one shocking news to another.

"I've been interested in you ever since I was watching from my mirror. I wished I could have saved you instead of Eric but my position didn't let me. Which forced me to manipulate some coincidences to make Eric arrive at the time. Though I almost got caught by the previous high angel, but it was worth it." Dongwan chuckled. "But it's sad to see you fall in love with Eric, you know, I was the one..."

"You stalked me!!?? You e!!" Minwoo almost shouted. "Are you sure you're an angel? Not a devil in disguise?"

"So? Fall for me, Minwoo-ah. I will give you all the love." Dongwan closed the gap between their faces and placed a gentle kiss on the devil's forehead, the symbol of caring and protective love. "Next time, it won't be just the forehead." The angel laughed.

"What's next time you're talking about, old man?" Minwoo grinned as he pushed Dongwan down the bed, butting their lips together.

 


Update!! Nothing much to say but it is ending!! Thanks for all the subscribing, upvotes and patiently waited. Im sorry for my hiatus >< Can't believe that this fic has 50 subs, when it's so lacking....