[day 9] and then they went to the park

Lazy days

another special guest today! hands up if you like D.Onuts heck ye
 



My hand still smells like drool!!!

 

Sehun and Jongin take advantage of an early Sunday evening to have a barbecue in the backyard.

The delicious smell of meat cooking makes Joonmyun’s mouth water like no tomorrow as he stands to the side, watching Jongin brown some onions next to the steaks and flip the patties. He’s pretty sure the occupants of every neighbouring house can smell it too, and if he were a dog he’d be jumping up and down and trying to put his doggy paws on the barbecue.

Sehun comes out of the house carrying several bottles of soju, offering them each one. Joonmyun shakes his head, still too busy staring at the sausages sizzling away.

“I think you need something to do,” Sehun chortles, taking a swig of his drink and pushing the catboy inside, “why don’t we go and wash lettuce for the salad?”

 

Almost an hour later Sehun and Jongin have collapsed into deck chairs, stomachs full and unable to move. Joonmyun’s sprawled out on Sehun’s deck chair as well, or rather he’s sprawled out on top of Sehun, and feeling like he just put on some serious weight from pigging out on so much food.

“I think I ate too many sausages,” he groans, rubbing his bloated little belly.

“We know you’re overly fond of sausage, kitten,” Sehun snickers, giving the catboy’s a light slap. Joonmyun’s mouth hangs open in morbid embarrassment and Jongin howls with laughter.

Since the sun’s barely set, the three of them opt to go for a leisurely walk down to the park together. Joonmyun spots a familiar figure there, although he’s not all that happy to see him.

“Sehun, is that Kyungsoo?”

His owner squints against the sun, lifting an arm to shade his eyes. It’s been a while since he’s seen his vet friend in his normal attire and not his white coat and latex gloves but sure enough, it’s him.

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Jongin calls, waving at him. “Hey!”

The vet waves back, a frisbee in his hand.

“Oh no,” Joonmyun says in a small voice. He knows he’s a naughty boy for thinking bad things about Kyungsoo like that because it’s his job to help pets, but sometimes Kyungsoo’s medicines are really yucky and… and injections. The catboy shudders.

Sehun pokes him in the cheek. “Joonie, you silly little kitty,” he chides, “we’re not here for… Joonie, are you listening?”

Donut!” Joonmyun shrieks, abandoning his owners immediately and hurtling down the steps onto the green grass of the park, “hi, doggy!”

Kyungsoo’s extremely over-friendly black Labrador woofs back at him.

“Hi Kyungsoo,” Joonmyun adds, and Kyungsoo smiles down at him. The catboy glances back and forth between him and the dog. “Can… can I play with Donut?” he asks shyly.

Donut answers for him, bounding up to him with tongue lolling out of his mouth and tail wagging happily.

“Looks like he says yes,” Kyungsoo grins, handing the frisbee and a ratty old tennis ball to him. “You can keep him occupied then, while I go and say hi to Jongin and Sehun.” 

“Thank you!” Joonmyun runs into the middle of the field, the dog tailing him. “Are you ready, Donut?” He throws the frisbee into the air.

It lands on the ground about five metres away, and if dogs could cringe Donut probably would’ve done so by now.

“I think I need to work on that,” Joonmyun says sheepishly, retrieving the plastic disc himself. This game of fetch wasn’t supposed to end up with him picking things up… he hopes very hard that neither of his owners saw his terrible throw.

He tosses it again and this time it sails much further away. Donut automatically pelts after it like a black blur across the green, leaping up to catch the frisbee in his mouth and running back to Joonmyun with his prize.

“Good boy!” he exclaims, patting the dog’s head with both hands as the Labrador drops the frisbee at his feet. Donut paws at him with a leg, as if to tell him to throw it.

Joonmyun hurls it into the air over and over again and showers Donut with overwhelming amounts of affection each time the dog fetches it for him.

“You’re such a cute doggy!” Joonmyun coos and the dog yips, tail wagging madly from side to side. The catboy rubs Donut’s head, his lips pursed. “But Sehun says I’m cuter than any dog, so you actually lose.”

Joonmyun likes Kyungsoo’s dog. He’s pretty cool and he can fetch and roll over and he even held out his paw once when Kyungsoo told him to, so he could shake Joonmyun’s hand. Kyungsoo says Donut is dense, but the catboy doesn’t think so.

“Everybody’s his friend,” Kyungsoo had grumbled, but in a good-natured way. “He’s the kind of dog who barks at you while wagging his tail.”

Joonmyun had first seen the black Labrador when he’d gone to the vet to get his sore tummy checked out. Donut had been sitting in the examination room and Joonmyun had, quite frankly, been unable to stop petting him. The catboy makes it his priority to play with Kyungsoo’s dog whenever he can.

“Tennis ball time!” Joonmyun yells, pitching the small yellow ball as far away as he can. Donut’s already gone after it before he can even give him the command to. The dog returns with the ball between his jaws and Joonmyun has to stick his fingers close and pry it away.

“Ew, yucky!” he screeches. He looks at the slimy, drool-covered tennis ball with revulsion and his first reflex is to fling it away and repeatedly wipe his hand on the grass until his fingers are clean, but then a cold nose pushes at his arm and he sees Donut has brought his icky ball back.

“Noo, I don’t want it, you drooled on it!” Joonmyun backs away but the dog follows him, the tennis ball still in his mouth. The catboy starts running away and Donut, ever the extremely over-friendly dog, gives chase so he can give his tennis ball back.

Joonmyun trips over when he accidentally steps in a little ditch that he didn’t see but thankfully, the field is soft and he just rolls until he comes to a stop on his back. Donut drops his tennis ball on Joonmyun’s face and the catboy makes a noise of absolute disgust.

“Ew, you’re not cute anymore! I hope Kyungsoo feeds you cat food instead of dog food–”

Donut sits down next to his head, tail thumping against the grass, and his face.    


 


D.Onut /laughs stupidly/

i do this every time i play with my friend's dog he just drools on everything until i don't want to touch his tennis ball anymore so i throw it away buT HE WON'T STOP BRINGING IT BACK TO ME