[day 19] and then they went to the carnival

Lazy days

who asked for the amusement park drabble im so sorry im useless at remembering everybody pls still be my friend ;u;
 



We went to the carnival and I went on a ferris wheel for the first time. It was so scary and I screamed really loudly the whole time. We went on the bumper cars and I rode the pony too. That was poopy.

 

Joonmyun sees the flyer when he’s taking in the mail on one sunny spring morning, and the first thing he does is run inside and show Jongin and Sehun.

“A carnival?” Sehun munches on his cereal. “You want to go, do you?”

“Please?” Joonmyun looks at him with cutest puppy eyes he can muster and Sehun wishes he’d never even acknowledged his kitty’s request because – oh look, there goes any resolve he owns, flying away and out the window. It wasn’t like he’d intended to say no, but it’s like a little bit of him dies every time he turns Joonmyun down.

Luckily, Jongin decides for both of them. “You’re not working and I’m not working,” he says, watching Joonmyun bounce up and down in his chair with an absurdly large smile on his face, “so why don’t we go on Sunday?”

 

“Wow, so many people!” Joonmyun breathes, marvelling at the sheer number of people packed into the park today. He tightens his grip on both owners’ hands as they queue up for admission tickets. “What do I do if I get lost?”

They both go white, daunted at the prospect of having to find their catboy in the enormous mass of people milling about everywhere. Especially when Joonmyun’s not a very tall person.

“Please don’t,” Sehun says weakly. “I don’t think we can handle that, Joonie.”

They buy their tickets and on the other side of the entry gate, Jongin unfolds the complimentary map they’ve been given and tries to work out where everything is and where they want to go first.

“Ferris wheel?” Joonmyun suggests. Out of all the wee pictures of various rides available, he would rate the ferris wheel somewhere between the heinous-looking tower freefall and the spinning teacup ride for babies and young children.

“Are you sure?” Sehun narrows his eyes at him but Jongin’s already got Joonmyun’s hand in his, weaving through the crowd like a snake on the hunt. Sehun groans and follows after them, hoping they weren’t biting off more than they could chew.

 

“It was smaller when I looked at the picture of it,” Joonmyun says timidly, staring up at the gigantic circular frame of seats rotating in the air above him. They’re going to be part of the next lot to get on the ride, and he can and can’t wait.

“We don’t have to go on it if you don’t want to,” Jongin reminds him, but the catboy is adamant that he’s going to do this. It’s not every day that he gets a chance to go on a ferris wheel, even if he has to hold his owners’ hands the whole way through it.

The wheel gradually slows down and Joonmyun’s heartbeat starts racing with every step that takes him closer to being the next passenger to get on.

“Just the three of you?” the ticket-collector inquires.

Joonmyun swallows, scuttling after Jongin to climb onto their allocated ferris wheel seat. Sehun sits down first and holds his hand out for the catboy, who follows with a small squeak of fear. Jongin wedges himself into the remaining space and the guy running the ride pulls down the bars that trap them in their seats.

“Ready?” Sehun teases as the ferris wheel moves up slightly for the chair behind them to be filled.

Joonmyun says something unintelligible and looks up at him. “What if I cry?”

“Then I’ll give you a big hug after and we’ll never go on ferris wheels again, even if it was your idea.”

“What if I spew?”

Sehun makes a face. “I… I don’t know. But make sure you’re facing away from me when you do that,” he warns, and Jongin reaches over to whack him on the leg.

“, did you just tell him throw up on me?”

“It’s moving!” Joonmyun shrieks before Sehun can even think of a decent comeback. The seat sways back and forth as the ferris wheel rotates some more to let new passengers on. He grabs one of Sehun and Jongin’s arms in each hand and they both shut up.

“Are you okay?” Jongin asks, examining Joonmyun carefully. “You don’t look so good, kitten.”

“I’m okay,” Joonmyun insists, eyes squeezed tight and kitty ears laid flat against his head. His tail is wound tight behind him. “I promise I won’t cry or spew.”

They ascend higher and higher, and the catboy decides that this was a crappy idea after all. Everyone is a speck on the ground and the only thing anywhere close to their current height is the freefall and the rollercoaster (neither of which he’s going to even think about touching). The ferris wheel creaks ominously and then suddenly, it’s picking up speed and spinning away.

At least he doesn’t cry, or spew, but he does scream. In fact, he screams for the whole duration of the ride, to the point where Sehun’s starting to think he’s sharing his ride with a psycho. Jongin’s too busy laughing his head off to be of any help in calming Joonmyun down.

As the ferris wheel coasts to a stop, the catboy’s screaming quietens considerably and he just clutches at Sehun (mostly because Jongin’s still too busy laughing) and looks like he wants to get off.

Joonmyun’s going to re-think his experience for sure, but Sehun and Jongin take his mind off the whole ferris wheel incident by spending the day going on as many of the other tamer rides as possible. They do rock-paper-scissors at the bumper cars and Sehun wins, so he and Joonmyun team up in one car and chase Jongin around, bashing his car for a solid ten minutes with some very atrocious driving.

The giant slide only keeps the catboy occupied for the first five times he goes down it so they trek through the rest of carnival together, searching for some more rides.

Joonmyun ends up on a pony, plodding around on a miniature paddock while Jongin snaps a photo on his phone and Sehun goes off to buy them hotdogs and chips.

“Sehun, you got food!” Joonmyun gasps delightedly, seeing his owners from where he’s dismounting his pony. His stomach growls at the thought of being full and he hurries along the grass back to them. “I’m really hung–”

Squelch.

Joonmyun stops dead in his tracks and slowly looks down, horror creeping up on him as he realizes that he’s just stepped in horse poop.