[day 11] and then it snowed in december

Lazy days

ehehe i'm sorry for that last one i didn't mean for it to be sad ;; A ;; at least today it's a christmas themed (kind of) drabble? :D except snow does not fall during my christmas at all and i wrote this on a 29 degree day by the pool in the sun...
 


 

It’s snowing!!! Sehun and Jongin let me play in the snow and we made a snowman. I helped build a fort and I joined Jongin’s team for the snowball fight. We won and Sehun said that only happened because it was two people against one, but his aim is actually really bad and he at throwing snowballs. 

 

Jongin and Sehun wake up on Saturday to something cold dripping on their faces and Joonmyun calling their names.

“What the heck–” While Jongin merely makes a sleepy noise and rolls over, Sehun sits bolt upright in bed to see what the problem is. It turns out to be Joonmyun sitting atop the blankets, his hands cupped around a compacted blob of white as he stares at it like it’s some kind of miracle. It takes Sehun a moment to digest what he’s looking at.

A snowball. Joonmyun is holding a snowball, and it’s melting between his fingers as he holds it up for a sleeping Jongin to see.

“Jongin?” he tries again. His kitty ears flicker apprehensively, hoping his owner won’t be too angry at being woken up so early. Sehun gives his boyfriend a good prod in the side at the same time water drips from Joonmyun’s snowball onto Jongin’s face and rolls down into his ear, and Jongin throws the covers off in alarm.

“What’s that?” he demands, and the catboy points to the window. Seeing Joonmyun’s cold, pale fingers he extends his palms and takes the melting mess from him. “Ah, cold, cold… kitten, did you go outside just to get snow?

Joonmyun nods emphatically.

“In your pajamas?”

Joonmyun’s kitty ears wilt a bit. “I didn’t stay outside and play. I came back inside as soon as I got some snow,” he says in a small voice. His explanation seems to appease Jongin slightly, who gets out of bed to deposit the snow in the ensuite’s sink before it turns into a puddle on the bed.

Sehun draws the curtains. The amount of sunshine today is pathetic but the backyard’s covered with the thick layer of snow that had fallen overnight and it looks very much like a mythical winter wonderland. Sehun thinks he can see a little path of tiny footprints leading out into the snow from the house’s back door and he gets the most adorable image of Joonmyun crouched (in his pajamas) on the white grass, rolling a snowball and patting it into shape with his hands. Jongin asks him why he’s got this stupid goofy smile on his face when he comes out of the bathroom.

 

They hadn’t noticed with the three of them all sleeping in the same bed, but the temperature in the rest of the house had fallen considerably with the snow. Sehun finds his nose running as he makes breakfast in the kitchen. Jongin takes this as incentive to light the fire for some much-needed warmth.

Joonmyun wanders round and round inside the house, stopping to sniff at Sehun’s tomato soup and going back and forth to the window to look longingly outside. His tummy growls and he tells himself to wait for the food before asking if he can go and play. Thankfully, it doesn’t take too much longer and soon there’s a steaming bowl of soup on the table in front of him and he tries not to inhale it all in one go.

“Slow down,” Sehun scolds him, when he catches Joonmyun slurping away too fast. “Don’t burn yourself. The snow’s not going anywhere and Christmas certainly won’t come faster if you stick your face in your bowl.”

Lack of patience is probably one of Joonmyun’s worst habits, but he knows his owners both don’t like it when he’s careless and not looking after himself properly. He eats his soup by the spoonful and Sehun gives him a nod of approval. The snow is falling again by the time he’s done.

 

Joonmyun looks like a marshmallow. Jongin had made him put on a big puffy jacket over multiple layers of clothes, mittens for his hands and a giant scarf around his neck. He’s not very sure how efficient he’ll be at playing in the snow with all of this on.

“Here, don’t forget this.” Sehun comes out of the master bedroom, makes Joonmyun spin around and puts a beanie on over his head. The catboy automatically tucks his kitty ears under it. The pom-pom wobbles with every step he takes. “There, all done. Ready to go?” Sehun asks, adjusting his own beanie.

“Ready!” Joonmyun cheers.

“Release the kitty,” Jongin jokes, opening the back door. A blast of icy air rushes into the house.

Joonmyun charges out into the yard and promptly trips over the garden hose.

He lands face down and up in the snow, a very comical sight before Sehun elbows Jongin in the side for laughing and runs out to rescue the poor catboy.

“Are you okay?” He frets over Joonmyun’s state after he lifts him out of the snow but the catboy seems to only be able to see the funny side of it, pointing at the dent he left in the ground.

“It’s in the shape of me!” he giggles, and then he’s dashing off to make snow angels under the tree.

Jongin dumps a handful of snow on Sehun’s head as he walks past. “You’re gonna get grey hairs before you’re even thirty,” he says in a serious tone, and doesn’t even bother ducking the badly-aimed snowball that flies back at him.

Joonmyun comes sprinting up to him. “Do you and Sehun want build a snowman?” he sings, continuing the rest of the Frozen song in a slightly-off pitch when neither owner replies. They groan at him instead, but they don’t say no to Joonmyun’s request. Sehun obstinately refuses to sing along.

Joonmyun hunts for twigs and stones for the arms and eyes while Jongin and Sehun roll two large balls of snow together and stack them on top of each other. The catboy sticks the extras in place and adds kitty ears to the snowman.

“Looks like you!” Jongin teases, and Sehun agrees so much that he pops back into the house to get the camera.

 

There are too many photos to print out when they finally come inside, post-snowball fight and Joonmyun taking his scarf off because he was getting too hot and ending up with a snowball down the back of his jacket. Jongin prints off a select few pictures and Sehun pins them to a corkboard in the study. There’s one of Jongin serenading the kitty snowman, one of Sehun doing some ridiculous pose next to it and a cute selca of the snowman and Joonmyun doing the V-sign.

Sehun pauses in the middle of tacking the last photo of them to the corkboard. “Jongin, where is Joonmyun?” he asks. He hasn’t heard a peep from the catboy for a while now.

“Napping on some cushions in front of the fire, last time I checked?” Jongin replies, shutting down the laptop.

Sehun’s eyebrow twitches as he puts the container of thumb tacks down with a bang. “Don’t let him sleep him there!” he squawks. “Oh my god, go and move him before he sets on fire.”