[day 23] and then it was their anniversary

Lazy days

um ok so i had 600w of sukai typed up but i when i was typing i was like oh god so many documents open at once i think should close some of them down so that's what i did

save your work kids, because i didn't and now i have nothing but this crappy drabble with no /cries for 500 years/
 



It’s my adoption anniversary today! I don’t know if we’re going to celebrate it, but I got a cake so I’m going to surprise Sehun and Jongin tomorrow. I love them so much and I hope I can stay with them forever.

 

In Joonmyun’s diary is a date, a special date that only comes by once a year. It’s the day Sehun and Jongin had come in to sign his adoption papers – and then Joonmyun was a free kitty, with new owners and a new home to go to. He hasn’t been happier since, and now tomorrow’s going to be his second year with Sehun and Jongin. It’s had its ups and downs and bumps in the road, but if Joonmyun had a chance to go back to the adoption centre he wouldn’t take it.

He’s sitting in his bed, wondering what he should do to celebrate their anniversary. Had his owners remembered this year? They had last year, and the three of them had spent the evening tucked away in the corner of their favourite restaurant dining by candlelight. Maybe it’s his turn to do something this year, but there’s just one small problem: he has no idea what to do. But thankfully, there are always plenty of friends he can ask for advice.

Hi Jongdae, please help me! Joonmyun presses the send button.

WTF did you do now? If you’re stuck in the shower I’m not washing your back for you, comes the reply.

I’m not in the shower. I need ideas for my adoption anniversary tomorrow. Please?

Get . Seduce Ballet Guy and Big Guy. Done.

But that’s already what I do every Christmas, Joonmyun sighs. How come Jongdae can never come up with anything useful? He knows he makes a really nice present, but it probably has a creativity rating of zero. Although, seducing Sehun and Jongin is something he hasn’t tried before. He’s not like the other catboys he knows, for who flirting and coyness come to like a natural charm. Joonmyun’s just got cuteness in excessive amounts and he’s not sure how well he can seduce either of his owners without blushing and running away.

Luhan, help me! What do I do for my adoption anniversary? Joonmyun texts his second source of fantastically fantastic ideas, hoping for something better that what Jongdae’s come up with.

Cake. Everybody loves cake.

Well, that works too. Joonmyun scratches his head and stares at his phone. How was he going to get a cake without Sehun and Jongin finding out?

But I can’t buy one! I don’t think I can bake very well…

And that’s how Joonmyun ends up standing outside his window an hour later, his mouth wide open as he sees Luhan’s car park outside. The blond catboy comes out with a cake box and delivers it right through Joonmyun’s window.

“But I – you – Luhan, you didn’t have to!” The catboy sniffs gratefully, trying to climb out to give Luhan an emotional hug. This wasn’t even close to what he’d been expecting when he’d gotten a text saying, Wait at your window. Ten minutes. Be there.

To be honest, he was very scared he’d end up at the strip club again.  

Luhan shoves him back inside, fending off Joonmyun’s arms and shooing him away. “Just take it,” he insists, mushing his hand into the smaller catboy’s hair in a half-pat, half-getbackinsidegoddammit motion. “You can pay me back another day. You owe me one, now, , so don’t forget!” He pokes Joonmyun in the forehead, winking at him before flouncing away to his car and driving off with a squeal of tyres.

Joonmyun wants to cry at how nice Luhan is sometimes. He says sometimes, because there are occasions when Luhan makes him a yucky coffee instead of a hot chocolate just to watch his face screw up or tries to jam chocolate fish up his nose. He sneaks a peek inside the cake box and finds a rich chocolate mudcake, the top of it decorated with little white flowers made from icing. It smells heavenly and Joonmyun wipes at his mouth. He hides it away at the bottom of his wardrobe for now and prays that nobody (or ants) will find it until tomorrow.

Joonmyun’s phone vibrates with a message from Jongdae. Did you figure out what to do yet?

Well, he’s got a cake and that’s a pretty good start already.

Put some frilly on. Wear heels. You’re like the ultimate bottom kitty, put yourself to use for once, Jongdae says.

Joonmyun makes a face at his phone. He bets the other catboy’s laughing at him right now. Does Jongdae know how to wear heels? Joonmyun ponders this hard. Why does he know how to wear heels?

I’m not a girl!!! he texts back, huffing at the suggestion. No more girly clothes. Especially after that time Jongdae made him wear the maid outfit. He knows Jongin’s still got that photo album with all the incriminating evidence in it, but Joonmyun doesn’t know where his owner’s hiding it.

Yeah, sorry, you’re not a girl. You’re a dweeb.

I’m not a dweeb!!!!! Joonmyun’s not sure he even knows what that is.

I don’t know then. Rub chocolate on yourself?

Joonmyun decides that now is a good time to put his phone down and walk away.

 

There’s usually a bit of cleaning and tidying up at the end of the day that Sehun has to do after the café closes, so Joonmyun takes it upon himself to start moving the cake from his room and into the master bedroom as soon as the clock hits 5 pm. He checks to make sure Jongin’s busy in the lounge and he is, occupied with writing up some class schedules for next week.

Neither he nor Sehun have mentioned anything about it being his anniversary, but Joonmyun doesn’t take it to heart. It’ll just mean his surprise will be even better.

He tiptoes into the master bedroom and sets the cake down on the dressing table. He meticulously straightens the sheets and covers out and arranges the pillows nicely before putting the cake on the bed. He slips out of his clothes and shoves them under the bed, leaving him just like Jongin and Sehun like him, bare and unadorned except for his collar. He searches through the bottom drawer of the nightstand for his chain and returns to the bed. One end gets clipped into one of the D-rings in his collar and the other end is fastened to the ring in the bed’s headboard.

Jongin had it installed a few days after Joonmyun had gotten his new collar and it looks just the brass knockers on people’s front doors. Sehun had been overly pleased to see that particular development.

Joonmyun curls up on the sheets, his tiny body fitting around the cake box like an actual cat’s, and he waits for his owners to come and find him.

 

He doesn’t have to wait long. Sehun normally gets home around half-past five and Joonmyun’s ears can hear him as soon as he closes the front door. He hears Jongin calling his name and resists the urge to answer, knowing the master bedroom is always the first place they try when they’ve lost him.

The door opens, and Sehun and Jongin stand there with a look of shock on their faces – and a rich chocolate mudcake in Sehun’s hands.

Jongin looks between the two cakes, Joonmyun following suit. They’re exactly the same, even down to the little white flowers on the top.

“This is funny.” Sehun starts laughing, passing over the cake into his boyfriend’s hands before he accidentally drops it. He can barely see it as awkward; it’s just extremely amusing and cute to see Joonmyun trying to surprise them.

“You got a cake too!” Joonmyun says incredulously. “How did you get the same one as me? Sehun!” He scrambles forward so he can come up and see if his owners’ cake is really identical to his own, but he forgets he’s still leashed to the headboard and ends up jerking to a stop before he can even leave the bed. He whines pitifully and sinks back down onto the covers like reprimanded dog, tail between his legs and kitty ears flat against his head.

“Ow,” he says meekly, cheeks flaring with embarrassment. Jongin comes to him first to check that he hasn’t hurt himself, while Sehun puts his cake on the dresser.

“What are we going to do with two cakes?” Joonmyun asks timidly. This wasn’t how he’d envisioned his surprise turning out at all. He tilts his head back to be inspected by his owner.

Satisfied that the catboy is fine, Jongin looks at the cake still sitting on the bed. A devious grin spreading across his face as he reaches out and pulls it closer.  

“Eat them, of course,” he replies simply, swiping a finger through the chocolate icing. He holds it up to Joonmyun’s lips for him to taste and the catboy on it innocently, his little pink tongue darting out to any chocolate he might have missed.

“It’s yummy,” he beams, hoping Jongin will do it again, “but how are we going to eat two cakes?”

“Save one for later,” Sehun cuts in before they can scoff it all down; he should probably rescue the two of them from a premature diabetic death while he can.

“One for later,” Jongin nods, pushing Joonmyun onto his back and pinning him to the mattress, “and the other one we’re going to eat off you.”

Sehun leans over the bed and gives Jongin’s a solid smack. “That wasn’t what I meant,” he grumbles, letting out a long-suffering sigh. But secretly, he’s going to go along with it anyway.