[day 6] and then they went to the vet

Lazy days

hello !! i've been inundated by all the lovely comments that you guys leave after every chapter omg. pls don't think i ignore them because i don't!! they give me life \0/ a lot of you say kitty suho gets cuter every chapter.. ha ha ha... i'm pretty sure i'm going to run out of fluff soon lmao. if there's something you want to see, let me know and if i run out of ideas i'll probably borrow yours c:

p.s. pls welcome our special guest :D
 



I had to go to Doctor Kyungsoo today. He gave me two lollipops because I didn’t cry this time. He’s so scary. He doesn’t laugh at me, but sometimes I think he really wants to. I don’t know why all of Sehun’s friends like laughing at me. I must be really cute.

 

 “Quick, eat your cereal before it goes soggy.” Jongin taps Joonmyun’s bowl with the knife he’s using to butter his toast, hoping to catch the catboy’s wandering attention. Joonmyun rubs his eyes sleepily and picks his up his spoon. He’s never 100% conscious in the morning.

“But I like soggy cereal,” he mumbles, and Jongin makes a face.

“Kitten, who exactly are you picking up all these strange habits from–”

“Leave him alone.” Sehun rolls his eyes and pours milk into his own cereal. “Soggy cereal’s fine,” he says snippily.

Before either of them can argue it further, the phone rings.

Since Sehun’s the closest, he pushes his chair back and picks it up. “Hello?”

“Good morning, it’s Miss Jung calling from DK Veterinary. How are you?”

“Fine, thanks.” Sehun likes mornings about as much as people like having a cactus shoved up their .

“Fantastic to hear. Now, I’m just calling to ask if you would like to book an appointment for Kim Joonmyun in the next few days. According to our records…” There is the faint sound of typing in the background. “He’s due for his yearly vaccination very soon.”

“Oh, right.” Sehun had totally remembered.

“Is there a time or date that is preferable for you, sir?”

Hmm. Jongin’s working both today and tomorrow and Sehun’s not, but it’s going to take at least one day minimum to talk Joonmyun into going. “What’s tomorrow looking like?” he asks.

“Vaccination will barely take fifteen minutes,” Miss Jung replies, tapping away some more, “so how about I pencil you in for just after noon?”

“Sounds good to me. See you then.” Sehun replaces the phone on the hook and comes back to the table.

“Someone calling in sick?” Jongin inquires.

“Nah, DK Veterinary.” Sehun calmly puts his hand on Joonmyun’s head, and the catboy feels panic rising in his chest.

Not the vet.

Not Doctor Kyungsoo.

 

Joonmyun refuses to come out from under the blanket on the couch.

“Come on, Joonie. It’s really not that bad,” Sehun tries for the umpteenth time. “Just a little jab?”

“I don’t want to be jabbed!” Joonmyun complains. He sticks his head out to look pleadingly at his owner. “It hurts.”

“But it’s only for a second,” Sehun points out. He hopes this won’t take any longer than it has to. He sits down on the couch before his resolve weakens completely and the catboy’s hair. “Remember when you got your vaccination last year? It didn’t even take a whole minute!”

“Last year hurt the most,” Joonmyun sniffs, ducking back under the blanket. “I cried.”

Oops. Sehun had accidentally forgotten about that. Last year Joonmyun had chickened out just before Kyungsoo administered the injection and as a result, the vet had missed the spot he’d been aiming for and had to jab him a second time. Joonmyun did not get a lollipop that day.

“That’s okay, I think Kyungsoo will know what to expect from you this time,” Sehun reassures him. The mound on the couch doesn’t say anything back, so he decides it’s high time he pulls the trump card. “Well, how about we go and do something afterwards? Go to the park? Eat ice cream?”

The silence lasts a total of three seconds before Joonmyun’s head reappears. “Ice cream?”

Sehun grins. “With sprinkles and chocolate dip.”

“…Okay, I’ll go.” Yay, ice cream! Joonmyun puffs out his cheeks in determination. “I’m going to do this, Sehun.”

“There’s a good boy. Come here and give me a kiss.” Sehun holds out his arms and the catboy scrambles into his lap, his kitty ears tickling his owner’s chin as he leans up eagerly for his reward.

 

“I don’t think I can do this, Sehun.” Joonmyun looks up at him, his fingers pulling at the blond’s sleeve with apprehension. They’re at the vet’s, sitting in the reception and waiting to be called up for their appointment. Joonmyun’s just seen a tabby catgirl come out from what he presumes is her own vaccination, ashen white with a sticky plaster on her upper arm and clinging tightly to her owner’s arm.

“You’re going to be fine,” Sehun whispers back. “Get it over and done with, okay? Think about the ice cream we’re going to get after this.”

Joonmyun hugs the polar bear plushie Sehun had let him bring along and stares at the floor.

“Next please, Kim Joonmyun,” the receptionist calls from the desk, and all his hairs stand on end.

 

“So,” Kyungsoo says, snapping his white gloves on, “how are you, Joonmyun?”

“I’m scared,” Joonmyun whimpers, eyes wide with fright.

“You are every year. Relax and don’t worry so much.” Kyungsoo seems far too cheerful for this. Sehun often wonders if his high school friend had studied veterinary sciences just for the fun factor in watching people’s pets cry.

“Please don’t poke me twice,” Joonmyun pleads. His tail twists around the leg of the chair he’s sitting in and he fixes Kyungsoo with most pitiful expression Sehun has ever seen. He just wants to scoop up his little baby kitty and cuddle him until he’s better, but he knows he has to wait.

“Please don’t move so I won’t have to poke you twice,” Kyungsoo says dryly. He indicates at Joonmyun’s arm. “Alright, roll up your sleeve for me, please.”

Joonmyun rolls up the sleeve of his sweater. “Help me,” he gurgles, watching Kyungsoo swab his upper arm and finally, draw up a needle that looks really, really, really big. Sehun sighs and scoots forward to hold Joonmyun’s other hand.

“Just a little poke, Joonie,” he reminds the catboy gently. “Squeeze my hand if you need to.”

“One,” Kyungsoo says, steadying the needle, “two, and three…”

Joonmyun squeezes everything. His eyes, Sehun’s hand, the polar bear’s hand, and probably his toes too. “I’m dying,” he moans, and Sehun really wants to laugh at how silly he is.

“There, all done.” Kyungsoo places the needle back on the sterilized tray. He shows Joonmyun the assortment of plasters he keeps in the drawer, holding up one with ducks and another with snails. Joonmyun points at the duck one and Kyungsoo sticks it on for him.

“I’m done, Sehun!” the catboy shrieks, exploding out of the chair to hug him with overwhelming amounts of relief. “I’m done, I’m done!”

“Congratulations, you didn’t cry.” Kyungsoo pats him on the head. “You can have two lollipops today.”