[day 4] and then he went to the cafe

Lazy days

i love everybody's comments on how suho is so cute ;; v ;;

 

 

I’m at the café with Sehun today because he said I couldn’t stay at home by myself. Luhan gave me chocolate fish! After this I have to go and find him because he has something for me to do... I hope it’s not washing the dishes because Jongin says I get too distracted by bubbles and never get anything done.

 

“Yeah, okay, I’ll be there soon.” Sehun hangs up, looking a little less happy than before he’d picked up the phone.

“What’s going on?” Jongin asks. He zips up his duffel bag and fills up his water bottle, picking up the car keys from the kitchen counter on his way out. He’d just been about to head off to work when the phone had rung for Sehun. He follows him into their bedroom, where Sehun pulls out his café uniform from the wardrobe and gets changed.

“Got called into work,” he grumbles. “Kris’s parents flew in from Canada for a surprise visit this morning, so he’s off to go and play the good child.”

“Good grief… wait, what are we doing with Joonmyun?”

“Not leaving him at home by himself, that’s for sure.” Sehun closes the wardrobe. “Joonmyun, can you come here for a second?”

The small catboy comes running into the master bedroom. He takes one look at his owners, both dressed for work and the keys dangling from Jongin’s fingers, and his face falls. “Am I going to be home alone today?”

“Maybe,” Sehun hums. He turns to Jongin, thinking. “I suppose we could drop him off somewhere, but I don’t really want to impose on anyone…”

“I can just stay and watch Avatar,” Joonmyun pipes up, but he knows that gets boring after a while, and sometimes he ends up napping by window waiting for his owners to come home. He secretly crosses his fingers behind his back. Not Jongdae’s house, not Jongdae’s house, he prays in his head.

It takes Sehun another moment of thought before deciding. “Alright, go and put your shoes on and bring something to do,” he orders, pushing Joonmyun out of the bedroom. “You can come to the café with me.”

 

Joonmyun is a frequent visitor to Café Galaxy, stopping by every time Sehun takes him out for a walk in town. He knows all the staff by face and name, even the kitties who belong to Sehun’s boss Kris, who he hopes are at the café today. Every now and then they follow their owner to work and Joonmyun comes up to the counter to inquire after their whereabouts with a hopeful look on his face.

“Is Yixing or Zitao here?” he asks, holding his tail for extra super good luck.

From behind the coffee machine, Minseok shakes his head. “Sorry,” he says, reaching out to pat Joonmyun on the head. He’s got a shiny badge pinned under his name that reads ‘manager’. “Not today, sweetie.”

Oh. Joonmyun toddles off to go and sit in the children’s corner, kitty ears turned down dejectedly. At least he’d brought his diary with him so he’d have something to do for the five hours he was going to be here for. He settles into a comfy armchair and digs out a pen from his satchel.

He’s only just opened the leather-bound cover when a plate of chocolate fish appears on the little coffee table in front of him and then Luhan is sweeping into his vision, crouching by the armchair and slinging arm an around Joonmyun’s shoulders.

“Hey , why are you sitting here all by yourself?”

Joonmyun crinkles his nose. “I’m not ,” he says automatically. It was Luhan’s nickname for him the first time Sehun had brought Joonmyun into the café and now… it had kind of just stuck.

Oooh, Sehunnie, is this your catboy? What a cutie, I didn’t know you had a kink.
Joonmyun had instantly ducked behind Sehun’s back, fingers clenched in Sehun’s uniform and terrified that he was going to be sent to jail. It had taken some time to convince him that was not what meant at all and even though Minseok had abruptly reprimanded Luhan for his bad behaviour, it had taken some coaxing from Sehun for Joonmyun to go near Luhan again.

It had worked out quite well though, and there were now three things the blond catboy was extremely fond of doing: petting Joonmyun, poking fun at Joonmyun and spoiling him with chocolate fish.

Luhan plucks one of the fish from the stack and holds it up for the smaller catboy to eat. “I’ve known you for how long exactly now? You really don’t grow,” he laughs, his kitty ears twitching with mirth as he pinches Joonmyun’s cheek between two fingers. “I honestly think you’re going to be this small for the rest of your life.”

Joonmyun pouts at him, cheeks stuffed full of chocolate and marshmallow. “Sehun had to go to work and Jongin had to go to work and they didn’t want to leave me behind,” he says defensively. Luhan ruffles Joonmyun’s hair. “You’re so cute, ,” he coos. “What are you writing?”

“It’s my diary,” Joonmyun explains nervously, shutting the cover and tightening his grip on it. He’s not taking any more chances after the last time Jongdae had read it and laughed so hard he’d nearly wet himself. He jerks it away when Luhan leans dangerously close. “You can’t read it!” he squeaks.

Luhan bursts into laughter, clutching his stomach. “I don’t need to read it,” he says, wiping tears from his eyes. “I heard from Jongdae exactly what you’ve got in there.” He winks.

Joonmyun flushes a deep red all the way up to the tips of his kitty ears and covers his face in embarrassment.

“Luhan,” Minseok warns his catboy, “you’d better not be making him cry.”

“I’m not,” Luhan promises sweetly. He turns his attention back to Joonmyun. “Oh please, I deal with Jongdae during all his heat cycles and there’s nothing I don’t know about him. If you’ve got a spare minute, I have lots of things to tell you.” Luhan straightens up and ruffles Joonmyun’s hair affectionately. “Write your entry for the day then come find me. I’ll have something for you do to.”

“O-okay…” Joonmyun flips to the current page in his diary and chews on the end of his pen and another chocolate fish as he thinks about what to write.  Once he’s done he goes in search of Luhan, who gives him the task of bringing out the coffees he’s made for patrons in the café. Sehun’s manning the kitchen today in Kris’s absence and Minseok’s working the till.

“Remember to smile and be cute,” Luhan reminds him, and Joonmyun nods enthusiastically, wanting to please.

Business starts to pick up and Minseok spends the afternoon watching the tiny catboy go back and forth carrying his coffees carefully, his tail out as he moves between tables so he doesn’t lose his balance. Joonmyun smiles so brightly his eyes become little crescents and all his teeth show and it’s such a cute, endearing display that some of the customers can’t resist tipping him with their spare change.

“Why can’t you be like that?” Minseok moans at Luhan, and his catboy his lips with a hint of seduction.

“Because I know how you like me,” he grins, “and it ain’t like over there.” Minseok sticks an order for a cappuccino to Luhan’s forehead and tells him to get on with his job.

At the end of the day Sehun finds his catboy in the armchair again, snoozing with a little pile of coins.