The Date

Only You (Sequel to Crush on You)

In Young has been waiting Se Hun for about one hour. 

Okay, he said that he would be late, because suddenly, Ho Won (Jong In's older brother) asked him to work in Saturday. 

 

Even though Se Hun said to him that he got a date, he didn't even think it as an excuse. 

 

However, In Young has never thought that it will be this long for waiting Se Hun. She has been waiting for him in the park near her workplace. Today is Saturday. Following their commitment to date again, Se Hun has asked her to go on a date. An official date. He said he had prepared everything, but In Young didn't have to wear some fancy clothes; just t-shirt and jeans would do. 

They haven't met after their night together, mostly because of In Young's help to arrange the baby shower together with Min Ah. In Young is in charge of preparing for Xi family's upcoming baby boy's baby shower, while Min Ah (who can't speak Chinese at all) is preparing for Park family. Both of those families are really....really demanding. Se Hun himself is busy working, because there will be a big project from his company, led by his brother-in-law. He even barely comes home, according to Hye Ri (In Young has talked again to Hye Ri and now she becomes her unnoficial spy over Se Hun). 

 

Hye Ri even said that he got skinnier a bit. That worries In Young. That is why she is really excited to meet Se Hun; not because they will have a date, more because she wants to see her boyfriend and take care of him. 

 

However, Se Hun suddenly got called earlier this morning by Ho Won. He had called In Young to just cancel the date, but In Young rejected it, because hello! She needs to see him, to check his condition. This opportunity will not be let go. 

In Young stares  to her watch. This is too long. She wants to scream and hit him, but she knows that Se Hun doesn't do anything wrong. He just does what his work is. 

In Young looks like about to explode, when someone pokes her from behind. She wants to yell, but the person is just too good to be true. 

 

 

She is Eun Gyeong. 

 

 

"Unnie! In Young unnie!"  Eun Gyeong hugs her from behind, almost chokes her. In Young is not ready to receive that attack, however, she smiles. The little girl has grown up now. 

"Eun Gyeong?"

"Yes! It is me! I know it! Uncle Hunnie said that you probably would not recognize me but I know you will! I miss you so much, unnie!" 

"Uncle Hunnie? He asked you to go here?"  Eun Gyeong nods. 

"Yeah. He said that you must have been waiting him for a long time. He asked me to pick you up!"

"Pick me up? Where will we go?"

"That is a secret."  Eun Gyeong puts her index finger on her lips. "I should know he somehow involves other parties like this."

"Yeah. You should know. Now you have to follow me, unnie!" 

 

 

 

Se Hun rides his motorcycle like a crazy person. He is so late for their date. He has called Eun Gyeong to pick In Young up, but he still feels guilty; he should be the one who picks her up. 

He finally arrives at his sister's apartment. He literally runs into Sae Byuk's apartment and when he gets in, he sees his sister and niece are rounding In Young, listening to her story about her life for the past six years. 

"Hello."

"Uncle Hunnie is here!" 

"I still can't believe,"  Sae Byuk says, "that In Young-ah still wants to accept you, you jerk."

"This jerk is your only sibling, remember that."

"How is the work?"  asks In Young. Se Hun smiles tenderly to her, "everything is fine. I have finished it."

"Uncle, Dad said that you should buy a car. Riding motorcycle is dangerous."

"Since when do you hear you father's words?"  Se Hun's mocking makes Eun Gyeong pouts, "noona, you are really doing great raising this child. She is nothing like you."

"Shut up!"  Sae Byuk gets up, "you know she inherits our beauty."

"Whatever."   In Young laughs hard. She definitely misses this kind of argument among three of them. She wonders how excited Gong Chan's life is, living around these people. 

"See? Even In Young agrees."

"I say 'shut up!'"  Then she smiles to In Young, "In Young-ah, I am so sorry about my brother. He is nothing but a jerk. Why do you want to go back to him?" 

In Young blushes. She doesn't know why she blushes but she just can hide it, or try to hide it because Eun Gyeong catches it and she teases her former babysitter. 

"Ah! Unnie is red!"

 

 

 

"Seriously, how can you think that I will be happy with them?"

"I just thought that you missed Eun Gyeong."  Even though In Young is like angry to him, she smiles. Se Hun smiles back, and he holds his her hand. "I am sorry. I have prepared our date, actually. I want to bring you to my mother's shrine."

"Excuse me, what?"

"My mother's shrine,"  Se Hun repeats it, "I want to present you to her, plus I want you to know her. It's true that she died just after she bore me, but she is still my mother. I need to bring her into my life."

"A date to your mother's shrine, that is clearly unusual."

"We are already 26 years old, In Young-ah,"  Se Hun continues, "I know, all of this time, I love you. I love you and I want to marry you.I want to ask my mother's approvement."   She gulps. This is like unprepared proposition from him. He just embraces her hand, "I want to put a nice wedding ring into your finger."

"Se Hun, you make me shy."

"I love you, Han In Young."

"I love you too,"   Se Hun's face leans closer to In Young, and when they are about to kiss....

 

"Really? Kissing in other people's house? You two should get your own house so that those hormones can be controlled."  Sae Byuk's words stop them. Behind her, her daughter is blushing so hard. She has, of course, seen her parents kissing, but when others do it, she feels flustered. In Young and Se Hun cancelled their attempt to kiss and smile shyly. 

"So, where exactly do you want to bring her?"

"Mom's shrine."

"Oh, you want to ask her permission?"  Se Hun nods, "do you want to marry her?"  In Young blushes again, and now along with Se Hun. 

"Really? I will get a new aunt?"  Eun Gyeong says eunthusiastically. She jumps around and claps her hands. 

"That is still unnoficial, please. We are just getting back together."

 

 

 

"You should eat."

"What?"  Se Hun asks when In Young gets up from his motorcycle. 

"Hye Ri-sshi said that you were rarely in your house, both of you. She also said you were getting skinnier."

"Do not hear her. She is just exgageratting."

"I can say she is not,"  In Young speaks, "I can feel you are skinnier."

"Okay,"  Se Hun raises his hands, "I am rarely at my house. I rarely eat. This work really takes my time."

"You should take care of your health, Mr. Oh."

"I will, and I want. However, when I get into my house, there is no food at all. Both of us are so busy."

"You can eat here. I can prepare food for you."  Se Hun just smiles. He can see how In Young is worried about him, and that makes him happy. "Do not forget our house are quite afar."

"Then ask Hye Ri-sshi to prepare food for you. I would like to help you with that."

"What about us living together?"  Se Hun hugs her waist, makes her closer to him. They stare to each other for quite long time, and she giggles, "what do you want, huh?"

"What? Living together? I want it, I really want it."

"No, about why you are hugging me."

"I want to convince you about living together."

"Se Hun, I--"

"I know. We just started it. But we have known each other for a long time, and as far as I see, none of us changes."

 

Silence takes the scene. In Young is thinking. 

 

"Okay. You can live here, since you share your apartment with Woo Young-sshi, but,"  In Young stops his lips from kissing him with her hand palm, "not today or tomorrow. We need to prepare, okay? Right now I will ask Hye Ri-sshi to prepare food for you two, and don't pout."  He still keeps pouting. 

"Seriously, why are you good at aegyo now? You are not that cold prince that I know."  He giggles, and pecks her lips quickly. "Thank you In Young."

She gets closer to him and kisses him, "you're welcome, Se Hun."

 

 

 

Min Ah drops the letter that she was just read. She trembles. 

"No, this is not true....this is not true....."  She kneels down and begins to cry. She takes the paper again, and then she continues to cry. However, a phone ring stops her. She wipes her tears and takes the phone. 

 

Jong In. 

 

This is not good. 

 

She tries to control her voice and she picks his call, "yes, oppa?"

"Where are you? I'm getting worried since you didn't pick up the call before."

"I am sorry. I was just coming from--"  She cuts her words. She can't say where she was before, or Jong In will know. 

 

He can't know. 

"Yeah? Where were you before?"

"Uh, I was just preparing the baby shower. It was exhausting."  She can imagine Jong In is smiling. "Okay. Send my hello to Chan Yeol hyung and Hee Joo noona."

"I will."

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, oppa."

"Okay. I call you later. Bye. I love you."

"Bye, oppa."  She puts out her phone, and then she takes the letter again. "I can't say this to him. Not now."

 

 

 

Joon Myun feels terrible. 

 

He has checked Min Ah as she asked to. She was, or maybe is, one of his patients. He is now a gynecologist, a very successful gynecologist. Min Ah just followed Yu Ri's advice. Yu Ri checked her condition to him when she was about to get married to Baek Hyun, and since it looks like Jong In is serious with Min Ah, it will not bring any harm for her to check too. 

 

However she is wrong. 

 

Joon Myun has promised her not to tell everyone, especially Jong In. But he feels terrible. He will meet Jong In frequently, since he now has two pregnant ladies in his care (read it: Hee Joo and Ji Eun) who are close to him. He is not good at lying; her late wife told him that. Min Jung told him that. 

 

He wants to take care of Hee Joo mostly because Min Jung, his wife, was Hee Joo's best friend. Just months ago, he has taken care of Jin Joo, Yi Xing's wife, with her pregnancy. He had promised her that he will take care of her two best friends' pregnancies, and he will fulfill that. 

 

But now it brings harm to him, at least his moral feeling. 

 

"Appa, I am sleepy."  A kid's voice is heard in his study room. Joon Myun looks around and sees his son is asking him to sleep together. He carries a bear plushie and wipes his eyes. 

"Of course you are. Come on, we can go to our bedroom."  Joon Myun takes his son and carries him to their bedroom. "Appa?"

"Yes?"

"You look so worried. What is it?"

"Nothing. Now go to sleep. Appa needs to call Uncle Kyung first, okay?"

"Okay."  He kisses his forehead, and the little boy begins to sleep as he closes his eyes. Joon Myun gets further from his son as he takes the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, Mia, could you get Kyung Soo for me? It's me, Joon Myun."

"Oh hello, oppa!"  Mia giggles, "okay, I will."  Not long after that, Kyung Soo takes the phone, "yes, hyung?"

"Thank God you are a gynecologist too."

"What?"

"I say--"

"I heard that. But what do you mean?"

"Help me with something, okay?"

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the long-lost. OMG I am a bad person. 

The story's problem is most likely coming from others as well as our protagonists. Since I am not that evil to separate what has been separated for so long, so let them enjoy their relationship first. 

If you are asking who's who, just read Crush on You and some of the side stories. 

Min Jung was Joon Myun's girlfriend back in Crush on You and Can I be Your Tinkerbell? while Jin Joo was Yi Xing's girlfriend in Can I be Your Tinkerbell. Both of them are Hee Joo's best friends. So it is like Chan Yeol, Joon Myun and Yi Xing are tied with these ladies. 

Oh yeah, Yi Xing is working as a lawyer, and the specification is in international trading. He doesn't work at Chan Yeol's family's law firm since that law firm is not giving services at that field. However, they are still friends (Chan Yeol and Yi Xing). Min Seok (who appeared just a little in Crush on You) is now partner at that law firm. 

Joon Myun and Kyung Soo both are gynecologists. 

Jong In is like a director of his family's company, Lu Han is General Manager of his family's company, Baek Hyun is becoming a song composer and enterpreneur (he opens some cafes and bakery shops), Jong Dae is a vocal trainer in Japan (and he doesn't have to get worried about wealth since his in-laws are yakuza). Kris works in Canada as a hard-news reporter, Zi Tao is still in Australia, working as enterpreneur too. 

While you all know about Se Hun, he works as an invisble man. 

 

Why am I giving you all their jobs now? I don't know. 

Thank you for waiting this update! I hope you like it! XOXO

PS. Can you please comment? It will make my day! *and giving faster update, haha*