Started from the bottom now we here.

Day by day,I'm sorry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5lUUtugW8 (LC9- Hold on)

Ya'll like the poster? XP I have a much deeper reason for rearranging their positions kekeke~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry for your lost.” How many times has she heard that particular sentence?

 ‘Bull…’ Jangmi thought to herself as she’s riding in a black car along with the other two men from earlier.

“Considering you’re not 16 yet, you’ll have to have a permitted guardian.” The man beside her tells her.

“I know, that’s why we’re driving off states to my uncles’.” She clutched the documents in front of chest.

Silence, she looks out the window. It’s not that she doesn’t like her uncles’, in fact she loved it there, but she doesn’t like the fact that she’s never going to set foot in her home she’s been growing up in for over 10 years again and leaving just right after her mother’s funeral… it just doesn’t feel right.

How her parents died you ask? Well let start from introducing her shall we?

Chae Jangmi, turning 16 this year, single child, lived a simple Korean life with her parents. They weren’t rich but could afford simple things other people could. Her father worked as a Hapkido and Karate instructor, no he does not own his own institution but teaches in other owners place. Her mother a housewife, she never finished school; a simple and faithful woman. The three of them lived a simple but happy life, they were extremely close with each other and Jangmi could not understand why other teenagers couldn’t get along with their parents like her.

‘Death is like rain, you see it coming yet couldn’t stop it.’

Her father always had a heart problem; until one day, during one of his classes, it took him.

Heartbroken by the sudden loss and financial crisis, her mother fell into a state of anxiety and depression. “I’m sorry I’m not capable for working miin.” She would always find her mother sobbing. “It’s alright mom, I can get a part time job, uncle’s helping too. Don’t worry mom, you still have me.” She would always smile.

But it didn’t last for more than 3 months when she came home from school one day and found her mother had over dosed herself with her medications. The last words she had for her were ‘I’m so sorry that I’m not strong enough for you.’ Those were the only thing that was written on the piece of paper… 

She cremated the paper along with her mother, ‘I’ll be strong for both of you now…’

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

 

It took almost 7 hours until she sees the familiar beach and harbor; when they did she can see that her uncle, along with her aunt and cousin standing outside to welcome her.

When the car stopped, her uncle runs out quickly to help with the luggage and meet the man. Her aunt then gestures her son to carry the bags into the house. Jangmi dragged herself towards the door without looking at anyone before a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She turned and the man just sighs and gave her a condolence nod. She wanted to say ‘thank you’ but couldn’t bring herself to it; she just continued to be on her way.

Her uncle and aunt stood outside and discussed some matters with the men while she follows her cousin to her room.

He was afraid he would say the wrong things so he just focused on carrying the luggage upstairs. He opens the door to her new room which is slightly bigger than her old ones; it has a study table, dressing table, bed, cupboard and a toilet that connects to the room. He huffs and places both his hands on his hips’, he turns around and did a double take when he sees Jangmi leaning on the door frame with folded arms and with eyes that pierced the soul.

“W-what?” he stammered.

“Who are you?” she came closer to him.

“H-huh? It’s me JinSeok…” he squeaked while backing away from her, but she still keeps coming closer and closer towards him until his back hit the wall.

She eyed him from head to toe and finally back at his trembling eyes, “ChaeJin doesn’t have blond hair…” she hissed then plop down on her new bed.

“You didn’t have to say it like that… I thought it looked nice…” He huffed and held his chest, then followed to sit at the edge of her bed.

“I see you’re still a scaredy cat.” She looks up at the finely furnished ceiling. “Smell like paint in here.” She wrinkles her nose.

“Hey, dad made me do all the work! Do you know that this used to be my room? I have to sacrifice soooo much for you.” He poked her leg, but there was no response from her, “hey… you… ok? You know I’m kidding right?” he frowned.

Jangmi sat up and stare at him “What do you think?” she sighed and falls back down, “How else you want me to feel?” they were silent for a while.

“I couldn’t believe it either… I really liked uncle and aunt…” tears coming to his eyes.

“Not helping…” she said sarcastically.

“Right… sorry…” he rubs the back of his head, “wanna hug?”

Jangmi propped herself up and gave him the ‘seriously?’ look but there were so much sorrow in his eyes that looked like his parents died and not hers, she sighed and went in for it.

They visited each other often with their parents; they have a strong relationship as brothers and sisters even though they’re the same age; from young until now. They’re cousins, best friends. Jangmi knows that ChaeJin was a softie, even when they were kids she had to protect him. Though ChaeJin is a few months older than her, she treats him as her dongsaeng; she has to be strong for him.

“Miin~ could you come down.” Her uncle called from down stairs, braking their hug moment.

Jangmi peeked her head over the stairs “Are the bad men gone?”

Mr. Chae smiled a little, as expected from his niece, “Yes, I got rid of them.”

In a moment she was down stairs with ChaeJin trailing behind her, and all four of them were sitting on the couch in the living room.

“Miin… we want to apologies for not be able to make it to the funeral… ” her uncle began.

“It’s alright uncle I totally understand; besides we got your flowers.”

“Right, we all are still shaken by what happened but Miin… you’ll be part of our family now, I know you might need some time but I want you to know that you are welcomed here.”

“Oh uncle, we are family. Nothing has changed, it’s just like our usual visits except my parents aren’t here anymore. But I’m alright, really.” She smiles.

“Yes, well then, you’ve had a long trip. Why don’t you take a rest and we’ll talk more at dinner?”

“Sound great.” She sighs and went to her room once again.

................................................................................................................................................................................

“Food looks great aunt C.” Jangmi commented.

“Then eat a lot.” She says, adding more rice in Jangmi’s bowl.

Her uncle clears his throat and shifted in his seat “Miin, about school… err… we were thinking that you should register next week. We wouldn’t want to rush into things, you’ve just arrived.”

“Oh it’s alright uncle, I hope to register as soon as possible. I mean, it’s already the middle of the year… I might not be able to catch up with the schools here.”

“Nonsense, we all know that your academic’s unlike ChaeJin’s here.” He shot a look at his son which made him shrink.

“I’m only a bit above average uncle, I still need to work on them.”

Her uncle shakes his head “Miin, we strongly suggest that you start next week. You need the rest.” He looked at her with earnest eyes.

“Alright, besides, I need a guardian to be present during registration.” She sighs and continued eating.

Her uncle glanced at her or a while then at his son, “Jin, could you go to my study and bring me Miin’s documents. It’s on the very top shelf.” He smiled.

ChaeJin looked up from his bowl and stared at his father with wide eyes. “Now.” Suppressing his annoyance with his fake smile; ChaeJin pouted and dragged himself up stairs.

Jangmi watched him leave the dinner table while on her chopsticks, then turned her head back when her uncle calls her.

“Miin, about school… I have something to ask from you.” Her uncle puts down his bowl and knotted his fingers together. “We all know that Jin is not the independent type… and… he’s having some… troubles in school.”

Jangmi listened closely while her aunt just ate peacefully. “He… used to come home with bruises, but after he hangs out with his gang of friends we rarely see him get hurt. They are quite good boys but they’re still considered as a gang… I’m not saying that he should stop hanging out with them, but… I fear that Jin would get into worst situations… ” he stutters and her aunt gently touches his shoulder.

“I get it, I’ll protect him.” Jangmi continues to eat.

And as if on cue, ChaeJin comes in and passed his father the documents he wanted. He sat down and looks around the table “What I’d miss?” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo~ Jangmi's related to ChaeJin~

Pop quiz: test your korean- What does "Jangmi" means? >w< comment if you know the right answer~

So how's chap 1? Comments?