Epilogue

A Shaky Start

*phone rings*

J: Hello?

H: Were you sleeping?

J: No, I just got in. What’s up?

H: I had my date with Amy tonight.

J: Was that tonight? How did it go?

H: It was great. I really like her.

J: Details?

H: I took her to that noodle place I like; and then we hung out at the park and listened to music. Did I tell you she has great taste in music?

J: She would have to if she’s going to date you. You should bring her to the studio so that we can all meet her. I’ll be there on Monday.

H: I can’t.

J: Why not? We’ll only moderately embarrass you, I promise.

H: Stop lying. You’d probably bring my baby pictures if you didn’t leave them at your dad’s house.

J: Who says I don’t have any here?

H: Do you?

J: Invite her and you’ll find out.

H: Fine, but let’s meet at the mall or something.

J: We can’t. Namjoon and Yoongi are still finishing the song. I’m bringing them dinner and we’re all going to eat there. Just bring her to the studio. I’m sure she’d love to see where you train and whatnot.

H: Actually…she kind of doesn’t know I’m a trainee…

J: HA! You’ve been getting on my case about not telling Namjoon about Vienna and here you are keeping secrets of your own.

H: That’s different. You’re just being selfish. You only don’t want to tell him because you don’t want to let him go. I can tell Amy whenever I want and it won’t make a difference because it’s not that big of a deal.

J: Then why don’t you tell her now?

H: Because…I don’t want to do to her what I did to you. If she doesn’t know that I’m a trainee, then I can’t use it as an excuse. Does that make sense?

J: Yeah…I guess.

H: Just tell Namjoon already. He needs to know while it’s still early enough in the relationship to back out.

J: But I don’t want him to back out.

H: That’s not your decision to make. You have to give him that chance or your entire relationship will be based on deceit. And don’t think for a second that I would lie to him for you.

J: Well, then, I’m not lying for you either.

H: I’m not asking you to lie. Just don’t bring it up. If she asks you, then by all means; go ahead and tell her. I’ll do the same with Namjoon.

J: Deal.

---------- The End ----------