Regrets and Redmption

A Shaky Start

— Hoseok feels so relaxed after Namjoon leaves for his parents’ house. He has nothing to do for the whole day so when his hyungs ask him to go watch a movie, he agrees. The three of them go out for lunch first and then agree to spend some time walking around Hongdae once the movie is finished. While walking, they hear about an underground hip hop performance nearby. It sounds fun, so they go and watch. He searches for his phone to take pictures and then realizes that he left it charging at home. He doesn’t worry about it, though. They enjoy the show so much that they stay afterwards to meet the performers. They all go out to dinner together and end up hanging out for hours. They would have stayed even longer if the three of them weren’t so exhausted from all their training.

— They get home and are surprised to see Namjoon sitting on the couch in the living room. Once Namjoon sees them enter, he jumps out of his seat and pushes Hoseok against the wall. Seokjin and Yoongi pull him away and force him back to the couch.

H: What’s your problem, Namjoon?

Jin: What are you even doing here? I thought you were staying with your parents.

NJ: Where’s your phone, Hoseok?

H: I forgot it here when we left, but I don’t think that’s enough of a reason to attack me.

NJ: Why don’t you go check it and then tell me again that I shouldn’t punch you in the face.

— Confused by Namjoon’s outburst, he goes to the room and grabs his phone. 20 missed calls, 6 voicemails, and 5 reminders. His knees give out and his body drops to the floor. Namjoon appears in the doorway behind him.

NJ: She waited for you outside for over an hour and then cried for another hour after that.

H: Where is she now?

NJ: That’s none of your concern anymore. I gave up on her because I thought she’d be happy with you, but you obviously have more important things in your life. At this point, I don’t even care if she doesn’t end up with me; but I’m going to make damn sure that she doesn’t go back to you either. I’m not going to sit here and watch you hurt her again.

— Namjoon leaves the dorm while he still has control of his anger. Hoseok is left on the floor, still frozen in shock and unable to accept the fact that he forgot about Julia…again. He wishes that Namjoon would return and beat some sense into him because leaving him alone to drown in his own guilt is more painful than any beating he could have received.

— A few days pass and Namjoon returns from visiting his parents. His anger for Hoseok has subsided; so when Hoseok approaches him, they are able to greet each other comfortably. Neither of them had heard from Julia since the recital. Hoseok doesn’t even try to call her since he knows that she won’t answer. Namjoon tries to check on her after a few more days, but she refuses to see him. Her mother reassures them that she’s okay, so they both agree to just leave her be for now.

— Days, weeks, and even months have passed since they last saw her. Namjoon is still worried and being away from her is actually making him fall for her even more. Hoseok is accepting her absence a lot better, but now he is worried about Namjoon. He figures that, since Namjoon stepped in before in order to help him, he should also find a way to help Namjoon. But how?