Childhood memories.

Take Life As It Comes.

|| got writer’s block for like a while, not really, but more like five days, I had no ideas whatsoever. But I read stories and go inspired. =] This chapter is sorta slow, on my opinion; I think I detailed it too much. ||
   
    I think I am going to burst a blood vessel. For the past week, Aaron and Jiro started to hang with Chun and Danson, AT MY PLACE. I hate how Aaron’s been treating my place like it’s his because my mom isn’t home all the time. I don’t even know how they became friends. Maybe it had to do with the basketball tournament, they were all on the team, but that just can’t happen. My crush is hanging out with my most annoying friend ever at my house. I can’t be angry even, because Chun will see it. Oh my god, what am I going to do?
    I was upstairs putting Maple to sleep as I heard them laughing like maniacs. I ignored them; it was probably guy stuff that I did not want to know about. 
    Maple did not want to sleep at all. She was turning and tossing and wanting “up”. I finally gave up. I brought her downstairs and decided to wear her out so she could sleep. Chun’s face lighted up so much when he saw Maple. Of course, who wouldn’t? She was just so adorable!
    Chun followed me to the kitchen as I was getting a drink.
    “Hey,” He said. I didn’t know how to answer that. My heart skipped a beat.
    “U-mm, hey,” I managed to stammer out. “Are you having fun?”
    “Yeah, Maple is awesome!” He stretched his arms. “So, do they hang here often? I mean Aaron and Jiro.”  He smiled.
    “Well, Jiro doesn’t, he has to spend time with his girlfriend, Aaron annoys me every chance he gets. He comes by often to annoy me and gets me to make dinner for him.”
    “I see.” He turned and walked back to the living room. He seemed distant now. Did I do something wrong? The vibe just now made me feel like I did.
    When I walked back to the living room, Chun was already gone.
    “Where did Chun go?” I asked disappointed.
    “He said he had something to do.” Aaron replied as he stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth. What a pig.
    I knew that Chun didn’t have something to do, it was me, but I didn’t know why still.

    The next day at school, there was a note in my locker:

    Hey Hebe,
    Meet me by the big oak tree at the end of the field during the second period of lunch.
-    Chun.

I knew exactly where it was because some while ago, it was our hangout. You see, when I was little, I use to live in the area around the school, and Chun did too, he was my neighbour. He still lives there now though, but I moved. We hanged out a lot when we were little. The big oak tree was where we would meet each other, and it was at the end of the field to the school we go to now. We stopped hanging out in fourth grade when I moved to the place I live now, and met Ella.
To think about it, we were really good friends, but now he seems so distant. Memories are suddenly flourishing in my head. Chasing each other around, bike riding up and down the alley by the field, cloud gazing while lying on the grass or climbing the bleachers by the baseball diamond. I wondered if he remembered. Especially the day before I moved, I handed him a keychain of a bandit voodoo doll. I thought it was cute back then, and it was the last one from the store, so I had to buy it, it look so lonely, and I thought if it was with Chun, they both wouldn’t be so lonely.

I finished my lunch then told Ella and Selena that I had a project to finish for one of my option classes. Good thing they didn’t have every single class with me or this would be a difficult lie. I walked out the back door, because I knew the girls would go out the front door and no way had I wanted them to see me.
I plugged in my iPod as I proceeded across the big field. I saw Chun, he was plugged in too, and sitting under the oak tree. I could see him as a little kid again, except different.
When Chun was younger, he was more energetic and cheery. He’s different now, more of the ‘cool’ image.
Then I saw it, the voodoo doll keychain, it was hooked onto his jeans, just dangling there, it was the same one I gave him. I can’t believe he still has it.

|| Hmm, what should I do after this. The voodoo doll thing, heheh… I got a voodoo doll a few days ago and it was very cute, so I decided to incorporate it into the story. ||