Don't You Love Surprises?

Take Life As It Comes.

 

|| I sorta wanted to end the story like that, but… I have nothing better to do. So oh well. Hebe use to be emotional… now, she has Aaron and I don’t think the emo thing will ever come back =D. plus, it ruins my mood. ||
 
/////////
                Hebe hasn’t talked to me in two days; I don’t know what I should do. On a normal weekend, we would be messaging or texting each other crazy, but it’s so quiet now.
                I skipped soccer practice earlier, knowing that Aaron would come home when I’m gone to grab some stuff to stay at wherever he is. He told our parents something and left.
                I felt so empty.
                The whole afternoon to evening, I just laid there. I feel so guilty. How could I have done that? She was my best friend! I felt like a , like a .
//////////
 
                Aaron is actually quite helpful around the house. He helped me make breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they all were delicious. I wonder what he does in his spare time, cook?
                I’m sorta okay right now since he has been trying to cheer me up all weekend. He took me shopping yesterday and offered to pay. I never knew he had a bank account or a credit card. I wonder where he gets all his money from.
                “I work part-time and my parents still give me allowance.” Aaron grinned. I think he noticed that I was staring at the amount of cash in his wallet.
                “How…much do you get paid?” I hesitated at first because I felt awkward asking it.
                “Well, I get paid thirteen bucks an hour at Wal-Mart and my parents give me a hundred bucks to spend every week.” Wow, that’s a lot of money. I don’t think that’s a surprise to him because both his parents have high salary jobs.
               I was looking through a rack of jeans when he lifted me up and kissed me. What is with these surprise kisses? Geez, you’d think I’d be use to this by now, after like two or three surprise kisses?
                He set me down and just then I notice Chun walking by. I turned around, avoiding him. I wasn’t ready to face him yet, I wondered if he saw Aaron and me making out. I wished that he did and that I saw his face. That would have made my day.
                Now, I know what Aaron was doing, he was trying to show Chun about me and him. Then I noticed that I was right up to him, I could feel him breathing on my hair. He smelt good, but not cologne-ish. It was a nice smell. He was warm too, I could feel the heat of his body; we were THAT close to each other. I sorta snapped back and continued looking through the same rack. Meanwhile, Aaron was somewhere in the store looking for clothes for me to wear.
                I just stood there, afraid of getting lost in the big store. A few minutes later, he came back with a pile of clothes in his hands and a store clerk with another pile in her hands.
                “You are going to try these on.” He smirked. The clothes were so COLOURFUL. I didn’t like colour that much. I normally just wear neutral or dark colours. I don’t know why, it’s kind of a habit.
                “But—.” I tried to say. 
                “No buts, you are trying these on, no matter what.” And he shoved me his pile of clothes.
                “This many?” I tried to sound sad.
                “Yes, now go.” I guess his attitude probably won’t change that drastically.
                I was in and out of the dressing room for what seemed like hours.
                He laughed at some of them, and praised some of them too. Once we were done, my arms were tired from changing, and he had a pile decided for me already.
                He checked out and carried the bags for me.
                “Like the clothes I bought you?” He asked proudly.
                “Yeah sure.” I said half-heartedly.
                “Good, you better.”
He wrapped one arm around my shoulders and we just walked like that for the whole day, until we started to hold hands.
                For once in my life, I think that I saw Aaron wrong, he seems so sweet and cuddly now, not what I am use to, but I’m sorta liking it.
                We walked across the bridge over the highway and back to my home. The sun was setting, it was wonderful scenery. The colours were fascinating, and romantic. We made a stop at the place from that day. We sat hand in hand, my shoulder on his, watching the sunset.
                I wish time would just freeze right then, let me be like that forever.
                But of course, we know that in reality, that is never going to happen.
               
                “Oh right!” Aaron suddenly sprung up from the bench; it sorta shocked me, because a second ago, it was quiet, very quiet. “We have a black tie event to go to tomorrow night!”             
                “What?” I was surprised, a black tie event? What the hell? “Excuse me?”
                “I should have told you, huh.”
                “What?” I asked again. I was so tired, I had limited hearing.
                “I knew there was a reason I took you shopping.” He smiled. “To find a dress for you!”
                And he did, I remembered the twenty dresses he made me try on, eventually picking a purple one, I thought it was a gift!
                “I’m escorting you there, Hebe.” He flashed a grin. “You are on the guest list, you have to go."
                I pouted. I didn’t like black tie events or any events for that matter, I hate dresses. Just typically Aaron, blowing things off until last minute, thanks to him, I will worry about it throughout tomorrow in school. Also, he is not making me wear a dress.
                “You are wearing a dress, Hebe, not matter what.” He said as he studied my face.
                What the heck? I’m with him way too much.
 
|| I sorta like how Aaron just tells her last minute. =D and I wish boys nowadays would actually do that to a girl. Guys today…*sigh.* ||