HAEHYUK | (Part VIII-A)

THIEF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this is a short update and i finished writing this after posting PART VII. please do read the footnote after. thank you. enjoy~~

 

 

HAEHYUK | (Part VIII-A)

 

 

“You took my heart, you thief! I want it back.” Hyukjae read and darted dagger eyes at his lover and places his palm in Donghae’s right chest and, gestured his hand to crumple it as if he was about to take something inside; his lover’s heart to be exact, and pulled it back away.

Donghae chucked as he watched Hyukjae in his arms, trapped in between his legs on the couch.

It was one lazy afternoon after receiving his script for his upcoming movie and, the two of them began practicing his lines after lunch, snuzzling close inside the comfort of their hearth.

“I don’t want to return it to you, baby. You are mine for life!” Donghae replied as he gazes at his lover’s eyes intently. He nuzzles and brushes the tip of his nose to Hyukjae’s who giggled in return of his action.

 

Hyukjae then threw away the script he is holding after checking Donghae’s line back and quickly cupped his lover’s cheeks, and pulled him towards his to kiss him fully on the lips.

“You got your lines wrong, Hae.” Hyukjae said after pulling away, chuckling and Donghae pulled him close by the waist and hugged his lover close and tight.

He then rests his chin on Hyukjae’s shoulder blades before opening his mouth to speak.

“It was a good line—“

“It was better, I say.” Hyukjae rebutted and their bodies both shakes when his lover burst out laughing.

“So,” Donghae then pulled away as he sternly gazes at Hyukjae’s glint-filled eyes. “Did I get my lines wrong, baby?”

Hyukjae quickly shook his head and plastered a gummy smile at Donghae.

“Not for me, Hae. Not for me.”

And laughter coming from the two echoed their spacious living room.

 

♦..….♦

 

Hyukjae angrily looked at Donghae who cornered him; his arms are both on each side trapping him inside the house. Their house. He let Donghae dragged him away, strapped him the seatbelt himself and drove away from the crowd who stared at them throughout the whole process of Donghae’s dragging him.

He stares at Donghae with his arms crossed over his chest as his lover did the same to stare back but, it didn’t mirror his angry eyes; instead, Donghae’s eyes looks at him with longing and misty ones.

Hyukjae slightly softened up his expression as he too, began to long and study Donghae’s face that he truly has missed.

He was still the Lee Donghae he fell in love with and the only addition to his missed face was the wrinkles on his forehead that seems to always have frowned too many times to count and his dark circles that must’ve been deprived with sleep.

Overall, it still is his Lee Donghae. The man he fell in love with. And the only man he had ever loved. And the only one he could ever love. Though Donghae broke his heart.

Even so, he could never deny his broken and un-mended heart still yearns for the actor.

He still loves Donghae. He loves the man no matter what he did to deserve a broken heart.

 

[Sad Song – We the Kings]

 

Hyukjae couldn’t be any happier upon hearing the news that Donghae was nominated as best actor after receiving such great response on his acting on his latest movie: thieves. He then began planning a surprise celebration. He prepared everything the whole day; he cooked Donghae’s favorite meals; made a congratulatory banner in a rush and; even turned the mini pavilion at the back of their house romantically for this mini surprise. He then quickly texted Donghae to come home early and with a gummy smile, he waited.

And waited.

But, Donghae didn’t come.

He waited in the pavilion even after his body almost froze with the cold night.

But still, Donghae didn’t go home.

He didn’t text a reply.

Donghae didn’t even call to tell him not to wait.

 

Hyukjae who had waited for him all night, stared at the stone pathway in despair.

He couldn’t even cry. His tears didn’t trickle down.

He just stared blankly, emotionless and hollowed.

 

A beep awoke him from his trance and he took out his phone inside his jean’s right pocket and, with freezing hands he opened his phone lock to read the message.

His eyes widened seeing Donghae had texted. He quickly opened the message with hope but it soon got crushed at Donghae’s reply.

 

‘I’m sorry, Hyukkie. I got hold out in the filming site. I can’t go home tonight.’

 

After reading it, his tears finally fell down one by one on top of his phone’s screen, blurring out Donghae’s text message in his vision.

Hyukjae then quickly ran inside, heart aching and he couldn’t care less if his body has been freezing because his heart was breaking and nothing mattered to him that night other than his heart falling into tiny pieces of crack.

It happened one after another, his heart breaks down as the two of them grew distant.

Donghae rarely went home and when he does, he only sleeps in. Hyukjae will just watch him every time, his heart was in pain seeing how thin Donghae gets by the time his work engulfed him whole.

But, Hyukjae also knew that he couldn’t blame Donghae’s work. A little bit but, it was all Donghae wanted to do all his life, who was he to stop him to dream even higher, even though he was in so much pain?

 

For two painful years, Hyukjae ignored his breaking heart as Donghae’s career building up on top. Every single day without Donghae was very hurting. And he hurts every single second, minute and, hours that passed by every day. Every night he sleeps without Donghae felt miserable, he couldn’t have any decent sleep and wakes up in the middle of the night panting, reaching his hand on the other side of the bed but Donghae wasn’t there. He was never there.

And he will never be there no matter how hard he tried to reach out to him.

 

Hyukjae tried his best all these time of waiting and yearning until he finally burst out; his heart breaks its final piece of crack inside his chest and; all he could do was to cry in agony.

He then decided that it was time to leave before he could ruin everything Donghae has now. Hyukjae didn’t want all the luxury Donghae could afford now. Truthfully, Hyukjae wanted Donghae to be not famous anymo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter