07. Besties

Happily Married

Itallic letters show your thoughts

 

“Chanyeolshi this scene is really important, you need to portray blur blur blur…..”

According to her, every scene was really important.

As always she’d brief me before the shoot started and as always I’d tune out on whatever she was saying and focus my attention at her face under the protection of my sunglasses, those glittering eyes, sweet dimples and juicy lips.

She wasn’t someone I’d call very pretty, but she had that smart aura. Her eyes are glinting brightly even under her big glasses. Even though she never seemed to care for what she wore, she looked so petite and feminine which made men wanted to protect her. Not that she needed any protection, she was a tough creature. I’d even seen her climb on a tree to help with setting preparations.

It’s been a week that we were filming the drama and I’d become friends with everyone on the set except her. I never had the time to talk with her. She would brief me every morning before the set and that’s it, she’d gone to mingle in every other business. It was weird that the writer was more into the making of drama then the director himself. Even the Director-nim had to tell her to relax.

Hmm… if I look closely, she didn’t seem to be quite older than me, maybe a year or two. That big glasses and her messy hair was hiding her pure face.

“….. so that would be a wrap of what we’re shooting today, thank you.” She gave me a small smile before she left her seat.

“Lunashi,” I called and she turned back.

“Yes?”

“Can I treat you dinner tonight?” what… that was so sudden, Chenyeolah get a hold of yourself.

She lift her eyebrows at my words, “Me? Why?”

Think Chanyeol think, “Ehh…. I’d like to talk to you more. That’s right I’d like to talk with you about the drama. You always brief me but I think it will be better if I talk properly with you, I’d like to hear your inspirations about the script and I’d also like to talk about my view on my character, so that I can do better being him,” yes that’s a good one.

“You sounded almost like you’re convincing yourself of what you’re just saying,” one corner of her lips curved into an amused smile, “but you’re right. Let’s have dinner together with Director-nim, I’ll tell him.”

With that, she left to go pester on the actress.

 

******

 

“I have plans with my wife tonight but you two go, it’s true that you guys need to talk more, other than her lecturing you.”

 

Thank you Director-nim.

 

******

 

“….. that’s his motive for th-” “Is that a wedding ring?” Chanyeol interrupted your speech on your character.

“No, eh, it’s an engagement ring but I probably shouldn’t be wearing it.” You said playing with the ring on your left hand.

In your mind you added, ‘and I probably shouldn’t be telling you about it’, but you needed to let it all out.

You hadn’t told anyone about what happened between you and Taekwoon. Since he was a famous idol, you couldn’t tell anyone about your engagement, let alone the quarrel. The only one who knew was Hakyeon and he was on Taekwoon’s side.

“Do you mind telling me about it?”

'Of course I do, it’s a very personal thing and I barely know you.'

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude,” Chanyeol quickly apologized after seeing the look on your face.

“We decided to take a break a day after he proposed me,” you blurted out without thinking much.

You truly needed to open up to someone, anyone, and the little alcohol you drank earlier out of courtesy was starting to affect on your self-control.

 

******

 

The next morning you woke up suffering from a terrible headache.

‘That’s the last time I take alcohol, manner or whatever,’ you took a mental note.

You clearly remembered what happened last night, you were not even drunk. Okay maybe drunk enough to talk non-stop.

To a stranger

 About your fail relationship

You mentally slapped yourself.

 

******

 

“Noona” As you crept out from your car, a certain tall figure materialized in front of you, grinning ear to ear.

“What did you just call me?”

“Noona, noona told me yesterday to call noona noona,” he happily replied.

“Did I? I don’t rem-” your words were cut off by Chanyeol’s dramatic gasp.

“Don’t you dare, you were in your right conscious mind yesterday when you told me that. Come to think of it, you barely finished a glass. Don’t try to pull that I don’t remember thing on me.” He pouted.

You did tell him that and you did remember that clearly.

“Oh yeah I did, right. Now bye,” you tried to get away from him, his grinning face made you nervous.

“Where are you going, no briefing today?” he grabbed your bag.

“Yahh…” you yelled smacking his hand reflexively.

“That’s more like it, we can talk in banmal* now that we’re besties, right?” he gave you a wink before heading to the filming set.

Yes you told him that too.

After spilling about your secret relationship, you said he had become your closest friend and he could call you noona because you were only a couple of years older than him and he can use banmal with you.

 

Sigh... This is bad, this is really bad.

 

******

 

Meanwhile in a country far far away

 

“We’re going to Japan in next week, which will be the last stop of your world tour. You can all get a two-day holiday there. After 3nights of concert, we’re back in Korea to have a last encore stage and after that your long awaited holiday.” The manager explained their schedule.

 

‘Just one more week and I can hold your hands in mine again. This time I will never let go.’

 


*banmal – informal speech

 

Okay let me make some things clear.

I said the fans know you’re dating with Leo and they kinda accept.

But they do not necessarily need to know your face, I mean they know he’s dating a writer and they know she’s starting to get famous, they don’t know who he is dating exactly.

So when you told Chanyeol about your relationship, he had no idea that your fiancé was Leo.

He is in for a big surprise.

Poor little Chanyeol is currently celebrating over your heartbreak not knowing your lover is back in no time. I will let him enjoy for another one chapter and then the drama will start.

Hohohoho this is gonna get delicious.

 

I think I said something about a long chapter, but I’m gonna pull a Luna and pretend I forget T_T

I just want to update as soon as I finished typing what I have in mind and don’t wanna keep it till I can think of more.

 


 

Welcome welcome lovelies

kaze27

nurmuyassarah

AsianOtaku

 

Thanks to all my readers ^^

I’m really happy to hear you guys like it.