13. Byun Baek Hyun, a friend more devoted than a brother

Happily Married

“Am I a joke? Are you playing with me?” he suddenly materialized in front of  you and grabbed your wrist.

You tried to shake your hand free but to no avail, “Chanyeolah you’re hurting me!”

He released your wrist just to take hold of your shoulders, “All these time I listened to the stories of your pathetic love life and falling for you like a fool. Are my emotions funny for you? Did you have fun playing with me?”

Falling for me?

You tried hard to comprehend the situation

“What are you talking about? Calm down, I’m not playing with you, I don’t even…” you stopped mid-sentence because Chanyeol squeezed your shoulder and shook you violently making you winced with pain.

You were surprised by his sudden violence and didn’t dare utter another word.

You could feel his ragged breathing on your forehead as he leaned down then he rested his face on your shoulder.

You were about to struggle from his death grip when he released you and sat down at your feet, hugging his kneels and burying his face in his arms, just like a helpless child.

You knelt down beside him, “Chanyeolah…,” you whispered.

He lifted his face to look at you, it hurt you to see his usually cheerful face looking wounded.

“I don’t understand, why you are angry with me?” you softly spoke.

“No. No, I’m not angry at you, I mean-I shouldn’t. I think I’m drunk and talking rubbish. Don’t mind what I said.” He shakily replied.

You knew he was lying, you could see the hurt in his eyes and it somehow made you feel guilty.

You wanted to console him but words quitted you.

The two of you sat there awkwardly when Taekwoon suddenly arrived at the scene, “What are you two doing there?”

 

You and Chanyeol were at the entrance area of the restaurant’s restrooms.

 

******

Fifteen minutes ago, when Taekwoon introduced you to EXO as his girlfriend, Chanyeol’s large eyes got considerably larger and he didn’t join in with the resounding congratulations.

Later he was seen sulking in a corner never taking his eyes off the couple.

He just wanted to scream at you for never telling him who your bastard boyfriend was.

All these time he had loathed that said boyfriend of yours for bullying you yet gaining all your love unconditionally.

Now that brat happened to be none other than Taekwoon hyung, who he liked a lot and looked up to.

He uncharacteristically drank a lot, gulping down alcohol together with his feelings.

Everybody except one was too busy partying to notice a heartbroken boy in the corner.

 

Baekhyun uneasily glanced again at his friend as he chucked down another bottle of soju.

“Yah, are you going to tell me what’s wrong or do I have to ask Luna noona for myself?”  

Of course, the oh so brilliant Byun Baekhyun guessed the situation as soon as he knew you were the writer of the drama Chanyeol was starring.

He’d heard enough stories of his friend’s crush and unlike other dumb members, he won’t be fooled by Chanyeol’s lies that he meant the other writer noona.

“No no no no, you don’t disturb her. Look how happy she is now, blushing in Taekwoon hyung’s arms….. awww what a sweet couple.” Chanyeol glanced at your direction, “Eh? Where is she going? Wait noona, I need to talk to you,” he got up and followed you, shoving an annoying Baekhyun.

“Yah Park Chanyeol, yah where are you going?” Baekhyun tried to stop him but fell on his as his giant friend pushed him.

“Geez Park Chanyeol I thought you didn’t want to disturb her,” he got up and whispered to himself, deciding to follow his friend.

******

Baekhyun silently watched the whole scene from a dark corner as Chanyeol exploded but then again sorted out himself for your sake.

Chanyeolah how much are you hurting?


Hello my dear readers, I'm sorry to announce that work is overwhelming right now and I can’t promise I will update regularly.

However I will try harder to spice up the story and make up for my lack of update.

I know this chapter but I will write a long chapter for the next update.

Please don't give up on me and comment if you like my story ^^

 

My lovely new subscribers are welcomed warmly <3

Dixiem55

aidylx16

eqahjay99

animeart17

sherrynx3

Artiste

megustaelmoney

hedgehog12

YongJinhee11

Michella_Time

YixingLuLuBaby

 

Whoa I gained a lot subbies even though I lack updates and YongJinhee11 even voted the story. *tears*

I love you guys and I promise I will definitely make up for my absence.

A big virtual hug to all the old and new readers.