18. Married

Happily Married

Taekwoon plopped down in front of you. You watched as he extended his long legs and lean back on his hands, staring at the ceiling blankly.

“Taekwoona…” he shifted to look at you, “I don’t know what to say, I… I…” you looked at the floor as you didn’t have the courage to meet his gaze.

“I’m sorry,” came his soft answer.

“Eh?” you were confused.

“I know I’d hurt you too much. I know Chanyeol thinks I’m a ,” he laughed, “Guess I deserve it.”

You couldn’t find the words to reply him, you were amazed at his relaxed posture which made you felt more guilty.

“I know you needed someone to talk to in that situation, and I understand your reaction so don’t feel bad anymore okay?” he collected the mess on the floor that was you in his warm embrace, “I know you too well to blame this all on you, I’m at fault too. Forgive me?”

You were sobbing too hard to respond him, he released you and tilted your face towards him, “Of course you need to ask for my forgiveness too…” he said with a forced straight face, “…or do we have to punish that blabber mouth?” he was smirking now.

You turned your head to avoid his lips, “No Taekwoon! This is not how you should react. Please be angry at me, yell at me, and take it all out.”

“Take what out?”

“Your emotion, I understand if you feel betrayed by me. Don’t keep your feelings inside or it will come back one day to destroy us.”

“It won’t,” he said, “I’m done with us hurting and then apologizing each other. Let’s just forget everything and start anew.”

“What do you mean start anew?”

“I mean, I want you to marry me and be with me for the rest of your life, and I will never let anything hurt you, ever again.”

“Taekwoona- I…’

“It’s not a request Jung Luna, you need to marry me or watch me destroy my own life, it’s your choice,” his blazing eyes told you that he was not joking.

“You know what I choose.”

And then you kissed him.

******

 

*some time later - at a marriage registration office*

 

“Taekwoona, are you sure about this?” you whispered as you two were sitting in front of a desk where a social worker was registering your marriage.

“I’ve never been so sure my entire life,” he answered with a stubborn smile, his eyes fixating on the marriage papers. You just sighed, your brain boiling with worries. What if his fans got the news, what if they found you here, what if this will ruin VIXX’s reputation when they found out later, what if…, what if…, you looked around the room restlessly to see if anyone recognized you two only to see everyone was minding their own business without a slightest interest in you.

“Let’s go,” Taekwoon took your hand and stood up, then he saw the expression on your face, “What’s wrong?”

You looked up his concerned face and forced a smile, “nothing.”

“Good! Now let’s go for our honeymoon.”

“Hon-honeymoon? Where are we going?” you were in a panic contrast to the jolly Taekwoon.

“Aish, why are you so blue? Cheer up, today is our wedding day!”

“But…”

He stopped his step to look at you in the eyes, “No buts, I know everything you’re worried about. I will resolve them all so forget any fears and just take my lead okay.”

“Okay,” you let out a shaky response.

 ******

All the way to the airport, Taekwoon stole glances at you every minute and gave you reassuring smiles whenever your eyes met. His smiles somewhat calmed your nerves down but there was still this uneasy feeling simmering in your stomach as the two of you stood in front of the check-in booth.

“Yeobo, yeobo,” Taekwoon was nudging your arm.

“Uhmm, what?” you directed your attention back to him from scanning the airport nervously.

“Are you okay? You look sick,” he felt your forehead and cheek with his warm palm.

“Nah… I’m just… really anxious,” you let out a nervous chuckle.

“Hey, we’re on our honeymoon and I won’t let anything destroy this. Believe me?” he rested his hands on your shoulders. His eyes were the deepest shade of brown boring into your very soul, relieving any smidgen of tension you were feeling.

You smiled for real for the first time in the past couple tiring hours, “I do.”

 

Just then the announcer was calling the passengers to board for some flights.

“It’s our flight, let’s go.” Taekwoon led you through the departure gate and you silently followed him until the two of you were sitting on the plane.

Just when you took your seat, Taekwoon’s phone ringed showing the caller was Hakyeon.

“Hey Hak-“ before he could answered, the phone blared at him really loud that even you can hear the leader on the other side.

“Where are you? What are you doing? Why don’t you reply my messages?” yelled the wary Hakyeon.

“Whoa, are you trying to turn me deaf? You know you can’t really run an idol group with a deaf main vocal,” Taekwoon was really calm unlike Hakyeon.

“You know we have a team meeting today and yet you disappeared on us!” Hakyeon was still shouting.

“Can you tone your voice down, I’m with Luna here. As for the meeting, I’m sorry but you have to do it without me,” he glanced your way then shook his head with a smile signaling you that there was nothing to worry about.

“WHAT?” Hakyeon volumed up.

Taekwoon quickly responded before Hakyeon can blast his ears off “You know the plan that I had? Well I have to rush it given the circumstances.”

“…..” Hakyeon’t voice was considerably lower that you can no longer his reply.

“I know, I know but I’ll be gone only for a couple of days and we’re in hiatus for a month so I promise I won’t hurt our schedule because of this okay.”

“…..”

“Thank you. I’ll see you when I’m back. Sure. Sure. Bye.” Taekwoon concluded the phone call and turned to you, “I know what you’re gonna say but you just said you believe me so you have to really believe me. I promise our marriage won’t affect VIXX the way you’re worried.”

You sighed but again forced a smile, “I just don’t wanna be a bad guy.”

“How can you? You’re an angel,” with that, he lowered your head onto his shoulder and breathed in the scent of your hair.

******

You stirred from your sleep. “Awake?” you looked up at the source of the gentle voice to see Taekwoon smiling at you then you realized you were sleeping on his shoulder.

“Gosh, I should have been sleeping on your shoulder for hours! Is it numb? Are you okay?”

“It’s been just for a few minutes,” he chuckled, “Are you still tired? Why don’t you sleep a little bit more?”

“No. I don’t want to sleep out the entire flight where I’m with you. By the way where are we going?” you looked down the window of the plane to see rolls of cloud and the endless ocean beneath them.

“To our safe heaven.”

 

 


 

 

How was it? Was it too sloppy? I hope not.

Anyways… this is ending on the next chapter.

While I’m sad to end this fanfic, I also feel so good to finally conclude a long time ongoing fic.

Now I can concentrate my other fics;

Say You Love Me

The Poltergeist

Kookie’s Noona

And, I’m starting the Hongbin fic that I promised so stay tuned.

 

As always, a big thanks to all my readers, subscribers and voters although I can't tag you guys for some strange connection problems.

Please keep commenting, your comments are my vitamin and motivation.