Chapter Seven

Obsession

        "And all you heard was a scream?" 

 

        "Yes." Chaerin murmured.  

 

        It had been several hours since she and Jiyong had found the body of the young woman. The two were bought to the police station for questioning.  

 

        Chaerin was being questioned by police officer, Choi Dongwook or as he liked to be called Se7en. He was temporarily questioning her until their prized detective showed up. 

 

        Dongwook sighed. "How am I suppose to work with this?" He murmured. Running a hand through his hair, he turned back to Chaerin. "You stay here, alright? I'll be back in a few." He turned and headed out the room. 

 

        Chaerin sighed. Now fully alone, she could gather her thoughts and get them together. What exactly had happened? Jiyong and her had been talking. Actually talking. They had agreed to the whole not ignoring each other thing. They were quiet with each other for a while and then that scream had happened. That horrifying scream. 

 

        She shuddered at the thought of it. It had sounded like something straight out of a horror film. 

 

        What had made it worse was seeing the body of the young woman. The body that Jiyong had tried to keep her from seeing. 

 

        She blinked. Jiyong had tried to... protect her. 

 

        She didn't know how to react to this. 

 

        What was Jiyong trying to pull? Did he think that playing hero would get him back into her good graces? Yes she had agreed to acting civil with him, but still she wasn't one hundred percent sure about forgiving him 

 

        She sighed and laid her head down on the table in her arms. She could feel a major headache coming up.  

 

        The door opened and she sat up. She frowned upon seeing who it was.  

 

        "What a surprise, doll?" 

 

        Chaerin glared in disgust. "You work here?" She asked. 

 

        Seungri nodded. "Yep. I'm one of the best detectives around." He smirked at her. "I've been asked to talk to you." 

 

        "I already told Officer Se7en what I know, alright. There's nothing more to tell." She groaned. "Look I just want to go home, okay." 

 

        Seungri frowned. 

 

        "Ya know Se7en Hyung said you would be hard to deal with." He sighed and took the seat opposite of Chaerin. 

 

        "So all you heard was a scream?" 

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        "And then Ji Hyung and you went to check out where the scream came from?" 

 

        "Ye... wait you know Jiyong-ssi?" 

 

        Seungri blinked. "Yes I do. I happen to be very good friends with him." He frowned at her. "Now answer my question, please." 

         

        "Yes, we went to check the scream out. Jiyong-ssi saw the body first and tried to shield me from it." 

 

        "Hm... that's the same thing Hyung told me." Seungri nodded at her. 

 

        "See our stories match. All we saw was the body. We didn't see who did that to her." Chaerin said. 

 

        Seungri sighed. "You're right. You've given us all you can. Thank you for that." He smiled at her. 

 

        "So I can go home now?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        Seungri nodded. "Yes." He stood up and Chaerin did the same. "Thank you for speaking with us, Ms. Lee." He held out his hand to her. 

 

        Chaerin looked at it for a moment, before taking a hold of his hand. "You're welcome, detective." The two shook hands and parted. 

 

        Murmuring a quick goodbye Chaerin headed out the door, leaving Seungri in the room. 

 

        Seungri stood staring at the spot where Chaerin had stood. A smirk covered his face.  

 

        His cell phone rang in his pocket and he pulled it out flipping it open. 

 

        "Talk to me." He spoke. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      "You okay, Chae?" Youngbae asked, coming out of his office as she walked on by. 

 

        Chaerin stopped and turned around. "Oh Oppa? You're still here?" 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "Yeah I'm taking care of a few reports." He smiled at her. "I'll walk you out okay." 

 

        Chaerin smiled back, nodding. She followed Youngbae out the building. 

 

        "Your ride should be here soon." He said. 

 

        Chaerin blinked, confused. "What? I was just going to take a cab." 

 

        Youngbae shook his head. "Nah I asked Ji to take you home. He took a cab to go and pick up his car. He's on his way back here." 

 

        "Bae Oppa." Chaerin sighed, looking at him. "What are you trying to do?" 

 

        Youngbae smiled. "What do you mean? I'm not trying to do anything." 

 

        "I know you left us alone to talk on purpose Oppa." Chaerin said. "And now you are having him give me a ride home." 

 

        "Just go along with it, Chae. He's trying hard to make amends, okay." 

 

        Chaerin frowned. 

 

        "And there he is." Youngbae motioned to the white Lamborghini pulling up. 

 

        Chaerin stilled next to him as Jiyong got out.  

 

        "Ready to go?" He asked, walking up to her. 

 

        She looked at Youngbae, who offered her an encouraging smiled. She then looked back at Jiyong and nodded. "Yeah." 

 

        "Alright see ya man." Jiyong nodded at Youngbae. He led Chaerin to his car. 

 

        "You two be careful." Youngbae called out as Jiyong opened the door for Chaerin. He watched as Jiyong got into the car as well and the Lamborghini pulled away from the station. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "So... how was it in there?" Jiyong asked. Not wanting to keep the car ride between them silent, he had decided to speak first. 

 

        "They just asked me what I saw. How about you?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        "Same." Jiyong nodded, making a right turn. He could see the apartment building where Chaerin was staying at in the distance. She had given him the directions right when they had gotten into the car. 

 

        Pulling into the parking lot, he quickly got out and opened her door for her before she could react. 

 

        "Um.. thanks." She mumbled. 

 

        Jiyong smiled. 

 

        Remembering Youngbae's words and not wanting to be rude, Chaerin smiled back and invited him up to her apartment for a cup of coffee. 

 

        "You drove me home. It's the least I could do." She said. 

 

        So now she found herself inside her apartment with Jiyong.  

 

        Said male happened to be standing quite awkwardly in her living room.  

 

        "Um... you can take a seat, Jiyong-ssi." She nodded towards the couch. 

 

        She headed into the kitchen while Jiyong situated himself. 

 

        After getting the coffee ready, she came out with two cups. One for herself and one for Jiyong. She noticed he was sitting in his seat, looking around.  

 

        She took a seat next to him and handed him his cup of coffee. 

 

        Jiyong smiled at her and took a sip. 

 

        "You remember." He spoke. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. "Black. Just the way you like it." She said. 

 

        Jiyong nodded and moved forward to sit his cup down on the coffee table before them. His cup slipped from his fingers, toppling to the floor.  

 

        "!" He cursed, standing up quickly and knocking over one of her throw pillows in the process. 

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "It's okay. I'll get some paper towels." She stood up as well. 

 

        Jiyong made way to move to let her get by. Not seeing the throw pillow on the floor he lost his footing and tripped, crashing right into her. 

 

        Chaerin let out a cry as her back hit the carpeted floor and Jiyong's body landed on hers. She groaned and rubbed at her head. 

 

        "Ow..." 

 

        Jiyong blinked, leaning back a bit when he realized how close he was to her. 

 

        "Cha... Chae..." 

 

        A blush covered his face and likewise a light one covered hers. 

 

        "Ca... can you get off?" She asked. 

 

        Jiyong blinked again. "O...oh..."  

 

        Just as he went to move, the door to Chaerin's apartment opened. 

 

        "BABY-RIN!!!!!"  

 

        "Dara Unnie." Chaerin murmured. 

 

        "Omg! What is this? Did I interrupt something?" Dara asked. 

 

        "Wha... what? No!" Chaerin shook her head, as Jiyong moved off of her. 

 

        She took the hand he held out to her and pulled herself up. 

 

        "Jiyong-ssi tripped on that pillow." Chaerin said. 

 

        Dara chuckled. "Seems fishy, but I'll believe you for now." She smiled at the two. "Youngbae called and told me to check on you. It's a good thing I have a copy of your keys, so I could get in." 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "When did you get ... never mind that. Thank you Unnie for checking in on me. I'm fine." She smiled. 

 

        Dara grinned. "Oh I can see that." Her eyes moved to Jiyong. 

 

        Chaerin blushed. 

 

        "If that's all Unnie, then you can leave." 

 

        "Hohohoho, trying to get rid of me so you two can have some more fun." She winked playfully. "I didn't know you were so naughty, Chaerin." 

 

        "YAH! UNNIE!" Chaerin cried. 

 

        Jiyong chuckled and Chaerin glared at him 

 

        "You need to leave as well." 

 

        "Hey I just noticed something." Dara said. "You two kinda have the same theme for your costumes." She giggled. 

 

        Both Chaerin and Jiyong looked down at their outfits. They had forgotten they were still in their costumes. They hadn't really had time to change after leaving the party to go to the station. 

 

        "Funny Unnie." Chaerin said. She smiled at Dara. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay." 

 

        Dara nodded. "Alright I'll leave. Get some sleep." 

 

        Chaerin nodded and bid Dara goodnight as she left. She then turned to Jiyong. 

 

        "Don't worry. I'm leaving as well." He chuckled, heading towards the door. "Don't forget to get that coffee stain up."  

 

        "I won't." Chaerin said. 

 

        "Also... see you at work tomorrow?" His voice had a hint of hope to it. 

 

        Chaerin frowned, blinking. "Um... yeah. I'll be there." She nodded at him. 

 

        Jiyong smiled. "Alright. Night Chae. See you tomorrow." 

 

        "Yeah. Night Jiyong-ssi." She shut the door behind him and locked it. 

 

        She got what she needed to clean the coffee up before it completely stained. All the while she was cleaning, she couldn't help but think about what had happened. How Jiyong had fallen on her. How his body had felt against hers. 

 

        "What the hell are you thinking, Chae?" She lightly slapped her cheek. She shook her head. She was just tired. She needed to get some sleep. She was only thinking things because of the lack of sleep, right? 

 

        She pulled off her costume and changed into her pajamas. She would take a shower in the morning. For right now she was just too tired and she needed to sleep off these strange thoughts of Jiyong. 

 

        With that in mind, she crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 


And here we go with Chapter Seven. Yay!

I know it takes me a while to update. *Sighs* I'm just so happy that you guys are still here reading this story. It means so much to me to know that I now have 140 subscribers. Never thought I would get to that many. Also I now have 22 upvotes. Thank you too LittleNinja93, iamanadea, and YippieM. I LOVE ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS SO MUCH!

You guys make me so happy!

We will have to wait until the next chapter to see what goes on between Chaerin and Jiyong. Hopefully good things. Maybe they will get closer. 

Until next time, I love you all! Bye!