Chapter Three

Obsession

       The first thing Chaerin noticed when she woke up was the darkness of the room. She was in her pajamas tied up to a chair. The room she was in, looked familiar and as she got to thinking, she realized it was the cottage owned by Jiyong. He had purchased it last year as a place to get away and relax.  

 

        Jiyong.... 

 

        Had he really come and taken her from her home? 

 

        He had been so weird last night, apologizing and hugging her.  

 

        She looked up, suddenly, as the door to the room opened and Jiyong stepped in with a tray in hand.  

 

        "Ah, Hunchae. You're awake." He cheerfully grinned. 

 

        "Oppa..." 

 

        "You must be hungry." Jiyong set the tray down. He made his way across the room, opening the curtains, allowing the morning light to stream in. 

 

        Chaerin blinked at the brightness of the room, allowing her eyes to adjust. 

 

        "Jiyong Oppa..." 

 

        "Hm?" Jiyong made his way back over to her, pulling a chair up and bringing the tray to his lap. He took a seat in front of her. 

 

        "What is it, Chae?" 

 

        "Oppa... wha... why? Why are you doing this? I don't understand..." Chaerin managed to get out. She could feel the tears in her eyes and she breathed, trying to get rid of the fear she felt. 

 

        Jiyong frowned. "What do you mean? I just bought you to our home." He smiled at her.  

 

        "Home?" 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "Yes. I'm yours and you are mine." 

 

        Chaerin's eyes widened. "What are you talking about, Oppa? You aren't making any sense!" 

 

        "I love you." Jiyong spoke softly. 

 

        Chaerin looked at him, disbelief covering her face. 

 

        Jiyong sighed. "You need to eat." He took the fork in his hand, bringing some food to . 

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "I'm not hungry." 

 

        Jiyong pouted. "Hunchae, you must eat." He tried again. Chaerin shook her head once more, refusing to eat. 

 

        Now Jiyong was angry. He threw the fork down and set the tray to the side. He stood up, the chair falling back as he did so. 

 

        Chaerin's eyes widened and she tried to move away. She cursed the fact that she was tied up. 

 

        "I'm just trying to love you Hunchae! I just want to take care of you! Can't you let Oppa do that?!" His hands were in his hair, tugging at it, as he sobbed. 

 

        For the first time in Chaerin's life, she was seeing a side of Jiyong that he had never showed her. A side that he had kept hidden. A side that was eating him up inside. 

 

        Hands falling to his sides, Jiyong looked at her. He shook his head and picked the tray up. "I'll come back later." 

 

        "No! Wait! Oppa!" Chaerin yelled. It was too late. Jiyong was out the door, shutting it behind him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "This must be as hard for you as it is for the Lee's, right man?" Youngbae asked, patting Jiyong's shoulder.  

 

        The Lee family had come home the next day, finding their daughter missing. The authorities were notified and the search for Chaerin had begun. Two days had passed and Chaerin had been labeled missing. 

 

        "Yeah it's hard. Chaerin's like my little sister. I feel bad for her family." Jiyong said. 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "I just hope they find her soon and this isn't something serious." 

 

        Jiyong looked at his friend. 

 

        "What if some crazy has her." Youngbae sighed. 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "Yeah... what if..." 

 

 

 

 

       

 

 

      "We are so sorry for what you are going through Mrs. Lee. We are sure Chaerin will come home safely soon." Mrs Kwon had a comforting hand on Mrs. Lee's shoulder.  

 

        The woman sobbed. "My... baby... is... missing!" 

 

        Mrs. Kwon soothingly whispered words of comfort to her. 

 

        On the other side of the room, Mr. Kwon and Mr. Lee were talking. 

 

        Jiyong stood in the center of it all, listening to the adults around him talk. 

 

        "I just want my daughter home." Mr. Lee spoke. "Wherever she is I want her safely returned to us." 

 

        "What kind of monster would take my baby!" Mrs. Lee cried. 

 

        Jiyong silently chuckled. 

 

        Monster? 

 

        No, he wasn't that.  

 

        Was he? 

 

        He cleared his throat.  

 

        "Mrs. Lee, Mr. Lee. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Chaerin has run away?" He asked. 

 

        "Jiyong!" Mr. Kwon yelled, glaring at his son. 

 

        Mrs. Lee's eyes were wide. 

 

        "What are you trying to say?!" 

 

        Jiyong shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just saying that instead of this being a kidnapping case, she could have runaway." 

 

        "How... how dare you suggest that!?" Mr. Lee angrily glared at him. 

 

        "There were no signs of struggle, correct. All doors and windows were perfectly intact. You said some of Chaerin's things were missing. Sound likes a runaway to me." 

 

        "Jiyong... leave." Mrs. Kwon pointed to the door. She couldn't believe what her son was saying. 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "Of course. I just wanted to leave the Lee's with that thought." He smiled. "Have a good day." 

 

        And he was off, with the sound of Mrs. Lee's cries and Mr. Lee's shouts ringing in his ears. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "Hunchae! I'm home!" Jiyong called out.  

 

        A month had passed since his suggestion of Chaerin running away to the Lee's. During the month he had made some changes to the cottage where he was keeping Chaerin. He couldn't keep her tied up all the time.  

 

        Since he wasn't always able to be at the cottage because of school, he had installed locks on the outside of the door, so that way Chaerin couldn't get out. Only he had the key and only he could open the locks. He allowed her to roam around in the cottage, but that was it. She wasn't allowed outside for his fear of her leaving. 

 

        Chaerin prayed everyday that Jiyong would let her go. She prayed that he would wake up from whatever spell he was under and realize that what he was doing was wrong. He didn't love her. He just thought he did. 

 

        He was obsessed. 

 

        "Chaerin?" 

 

        "In here." Chaerin called out softly. 

 

        Jiyong smiled and headed into the kitchen, where his Hunchae was sitting drinking some tea. 

 

        "I went and picked up a few things today." He held up the bags in his hands. Some of them were full of groceries, while the others were full of things for Chaerin. 

 

        "Are you hungry?" He asked, putting the groceries away.  

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "I already ate."  

 

        Jiyong nodded and handed her the bags full of the things he bought her. "Here." He smiled. 

 

        Chaerin faintly smiled back. "Thanks." 

 

        She stood up, taking the bags with her, and went to her room. 

 

        Her room? No... it was more like her prison. That's what she though of it. The whole cottage was a prison and Jiyong was her captor.  

 

        She emptied the bags on her bed. There were clothes, shoes, and other necessities that she needed.  

 

        She didn't hear Jiyong entered the room, as she was putting away her new clothes. 

 

        "Do you like them?" He asked. 

 

        She nodded. 

 

        Jiyong sighed. Another night with Chaerin not wanting to talk to him. Being only able to visit once a week, he cherished when he could see his Hunchae. He wanted to hear her voice when he was here. Very rarely did she talk to him. She was always quiet and always looking off with a sad look. Jiyong assured himself that she just needed time to get use to her new life. She would love it here and most importantly she would love him. 

 

        For Chaerin though, she did not want to get use to her new life. She wanted to go home. Home to her real home. She didn't love Jiyong like he loved her. When he wasn't here at the cottage with her, she would sit and cry. She wanted someone to come save her. She wanted freedom. Plenty of times she had thought of hurting Jiyong in order to get out, but she would dismiss the thought. 

 

        What would that accomplish? Jiyong was the only one that could get out of the cottage. The doors locked on the outside and she often wondered how he got back out, after locking the door behind him. He must know away to get out with the doors locked. Was there some hidden passage way? She often found herself looking around the cottage for any opening she could take. Sadly, she could find none. 

 

        Was she doomed to stay in this cottage forever? 

 

        Looking at Jiyong, she noticed the sad look he gave her. He wanted her to speak to him. He wanted her to love him.  

 

        "Excuse me." She murmured and walked pass him, pajamas in hand, to the bathroom. 

 

        When she came out from finishing up her nightly ritual, Jiyong was seated on her bed with a hair brush in hand. 

 

        This was a common thing between them. Chaerin would exit the bathroom and Jiyong would be waiting to brush her hair, before he left her to sleep.  

 

        She made her way to the bed, taking a seat in front of him. Jiyong's hands ran through her hair and the brush followed. Every so often, he would lightly press his lips to her temple. This was the most intimate act he would do to her. During her stay, he had never one tried to force himself on her in anyway. The only things he did were the kisses to the temple and a few kisses on her cheek. 

 

        One last brush and Jiyong pulled away. He put the brush on her nightstand and stood up. 

 

        "Good night, Hunchae. I love you." He tucked her in. He passed a Rilakkuma to her, which Chaerin held onto.  

 

        He bit his lips, looking at her. Chaerin stared back. She knew what he was waiting for. She sighed. 

 

        "Goodnight. I love you too, Oppa." 

 

        Jiyong grinned.  

 

        "Sweet dreams." He turned the light off and left her room. 

 

        Chaerin laid in bed, clutching the Rilakkuma close to her chest.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "It's been four months and they still haven't found her. I can't believe the police are giving up and just labeling her as a runaway." Youngbae grumbled. 

 

        "Aren't you a police officer, Bae?" Jiyong asked. 

 

        The two were at the basketball court, shooting some hoops. 

 

        Youngbae shook his head. "Nah. Still training. Two months from now it will be official. I swear though if I was already an officer I would be working real hard on Chaerin's case." He sighed. "It's just so weird. I don't think Chaerin would runaway. Do you?" 

 

        Jiyong shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what to think anymore." He took a shot, making it in the basket and smirked. "That's another point for me." 

 

        Youngbae grumbled. "I mean, why would Chaerin even want to runaway. She has a good life here. Nothing was ever wrong that I know of. Did she ever tell you anything?" 

 

        Jiyong shook his head, passing the ball to Youngbae. "No. She never said anything to me." 

 

        Youngbae paused, holding the ball in his hands. "Are you sure? You two were pretty close. You were her favorite Oppa." 

 

        Jiyong allowed a slight smirk to show on his face, but just as fast as it came, it was gone. "She never once said anything, alright. Can we please stop talking about her, Bae?!" He looked down, sighing heavily. 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "Yeah. Sorry man. I know it still hurts you." He patted his friend's back. 

 

        Jiyong sighed. "You have no idea how much it hurts." He murmured. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      "Now see what happens when you try to escape. You get hurt." Jiyong scolded her, wrapping her hand in gauze. 

 

        "I'm sorry." Chaerin cried. Tears ran down her face. Her hand hurt. The whole left side of her body hurt. 

 

        She had tried to escape while Jiyong was gone. She had found an opening in the attic's roof. She had piled boxes upon boxes upon each other to reach the top. When she had heard the door from downstairs open and Jiyong's voice, she had lost her balance. She fell, her hand scraping across the sharp edge of a table. She landed on the left side of her body. She remembered crying out and Jiyong running up the stairs. He had gathered her into his arms, holding her close. 

 

        Jiyong shook his head. "Why would you do that, Chaerin? You could have seriously been hurt. What would you have done if I hadn't been here?" 

 

        Chaerin kept silent. 

 

        "Chae, I'm asking you a question. Please answer me. I'm not in the mood for your silence." 

 

        Chaerin looked at him. "I... I don't know..." She murmured. 

 

        Jiyong sighed. "Well at least it's just a scrape and some bruises. You didn't break anything thankfully." He pulled her close and kissed her temple. 

 

        "I don't' know what I would do if I lost you." He ran a hand through her hair. "I love you so much." 

 

        Chaerin silently sobbed. Five months she had been putting up with this. The I love you's were getting to the point where she wanted them to stop. When he had first done it, she had brushed it off. As he told her he loved her more, it had got to the point where he wanted her to say it back. If she didn't, he would throw a fit.  

 

        His arms tightened and she felt his body stiffen. She was taking to long to answer him back. 

 

        "Do you not love me, Hunchae?" 

 

        He pulled back to peer down at her tear stricken face. He frowned. "I love you so much." 

 

        Still she said nothing, but continued to cry. 

 

        Jiyong pulled away from her and stood up. His fists were clenched and his body shook with anger.  

 

        "You don't love me! Why?" He looked at her his eyes wide. "Why don't you love me? Why can't you love me? WHY?!" He knocked over the table next to them. Glass shattered as it hit the floor. "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME!? I LOVE YOU!? CAN'T YOU LOVE ME AS WELL?!" He screamed with all his might, kicking and knocking over everything in his path. 

 

        "O...Oppa." Chaerin cried. "St... stop it... please stop!" 

 

        But Jiyong continued. He just wanted Chaerin to love him as much as he loved her. 

 

        "JINGYO OPPA! I LOVE YOU TOO! PLEASE STOP IT! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU!" She sobbed. Her lies tasted bitter in . 

 

        Jiyong stopped his rant, panting hard as he looked at her. "You... you love me?" He asked, voice small and weak. He seemed so vulnerable at that moment. 

 

        Chaerin swallowed and nodded. "Y... yes..." 

 

        Jiyong smiled. 

 

        "I love you, too." He came back, hugging her once more." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      Six months. It marked six months since Chaerin had been kidnapped. Youngbae was now an official officer of the law. 

 

        He was making his way out the mall, after buying a pair of shoes he had been eyeing, when he saw Jiyong. 

 

        He made a move to call out to his best friend, but stopped, noticing the bags in Jiyong's hands. They weren't bags from any of the stores he knew Jiyong went to. No. These were bags from stores that women went shopping in.  

 

        Youngbae frowned. Did he buy some stuff for his mom and sister? Something didn't seem right. As far as he knew, Jiyong wasn't on good terms with his parents since the out burst at the Lee's some months ago. Also his sister was away in the states. So... it couldn't be for them. 

 

        Feeling that this was wrong, but also wanting to keep an eye on his friend, Youngbae got into his car and followed Jiyong's car. 

 

        He kept a distance between the cars, not wanting Jiyong to look up and realize that he was being followed. 

 

        When Jiyong turned down an old dirt pathway, that no car would go down, Youngbae followed. Something in his gut was telling him to do so.  

 

        As Jiyong took a right, Youngbae stopped his car. He recognized these woods and this pathway. It all led to where Jiyong had a cottage located. His getaway place as he called it. What Youngbae wanted to know was why was Jiyong brining shopping bags back with him? 

 

        Getting out of the car, Youngbae knew it would be better to walk the rest of the way. He made sure he had his phone and headed down the dirt trail. The cottage wasn't to far and he reached it within five minutes.  

 

        Jiyong's car was parked outside. Youngbae crouched low behind the vehicle. The curtains in the cottage were opened and he saw Jiyong walk pass on of the windows. He seemed to be talking. Who was he talking to? 

 

        Youngbae's eyes widened. It couldn't be.  

 

        Jiyong was talking to Chaerin. She had walked in front of the window. There was a sad, longing look on her face. 

 

        Youngbae couldn't believe this. Chaerin was in Jiyong's cottage. Had she been here the whole time? Jiyong knew where she was all along. 

 

        Youngbae pulled out his phone, dialing for the police. He was going to need some help to get Jiyong out of there and get Chaerin to safety. 

 

        His boss answered. 

 

        "Sir, I found Chaerin!" 

 

        "Who?" 

 

        "Chaerin! The girl that has been missing for six months! I found her! She's being held in a cottage!" He was quick to give them directions and hung up before his boss could say anything. 

 

        "Hang in there, Chae. You're going to be out soon." He murmured. 

 

        He was anxious during the time he waited. He was worried about what Jiyong could be doing to Chaerin. The two had disappeared from window view earlier. He would take Jiyong on by himself, but he didn't want to risk it. He didn't know how dangerous Jiyong could be. He still couldn't believe that Jiyong would kidnap Chaerin.  

 

        Fifteen minutes, he breathed a sight of relief. The sound of sirens filled the air and five police cars pulled up. They surrounded Jiyong's cottage.  

 

        Jiyong, upon hearing the sound of sirens, had looked out the window. His eyes were wide seeing the squad cars. Chaerin stood behind him, a feeling of hope in her chest.  

 

        Jiyong turned to her. "Not a sound. Stay in your room." He pushed her in her room and left for the front door, where knocking sounded. 

 

        "OPEN UP! THIS IS THE POLICE!" 

 

        Putting on a smile, Jiyong opened the door halfway. He looked out. "What seems to be the problem...." His voice trailed off as he noticed Youngbae standing next to the officer at the door. 

 

        "Youngbae?" 

 

        "Give it up, Ji. I saw Chaerin. I followed you here. You have her. Give it up." 

 

        "Wha... what are you talking about?" Jiyong asked. He turned to the other officer. "I have no idea what he is talking about. I'm the only one here." 

 

        "That's not true!" 

 

        Jiyong's eyes widened. No. Chaerin had not stayed in her room. She had followed Jiyong and once she saw her chance she had spoken up. 

 

        "I'm right here. Bae Oppa!" 

 

        "Chaerin!" Youngbae breathed. He pushed past Jiyong and ran into the cottage, pulling the girl close. 

 

        "Chaerin!" Jiyong yelled. He found himself being cuffed and led outside. 

 

        Chaerin sobbed in Youngbae's arms. "Oppa! I was so scared! I thought I would never be found!"  

 

        "Shush... it's okay now, Chae. I'm here. It's okay." Youngbae led her outside.  

 

        Chaerin could hear Jiyong yelling out for her. 

 

        "CHAERIN! CHAERIN! DON'T LEAVE ME CHAERIN! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! TELL THEM IT'S ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING! WE LOVE EACH OTHER, CHAE! WE LOVE EACH OTHER! HUNCHAE!" 

 

        Tears ran down his face and Chaerin did not look at him. She allowed Youngbae to put her in one of the squad cars, where she would be taken to safety. 

 

        She looked up at him. "Are you going to ride with me?" 

         

        Youngbae nodded. "Yeah... I'll ride with you." He got into the car next to her, shielding Jiyong from her view. 

 

        Jiyong screamed out as he was forced into one of the cars. 

 

        "CHAERIN!" 

 

 

 

 

        Two months and they were in court. The process had been long and painful for the families. The Lee's were happy to have their daughter back home and safe. The Kwon's were disappointed in their son. Why had he done something like this? 

 

        Those sitting in the court room held their breath as they waited for Jiyong's sentence. Chaerin was sitting with her family. Her head was down. It had been down the whole time she had been sitting there. 

 

        Jiyong had tried to catch her eye. He wanted to talk to her. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. He sat there, handcuffed, listening to the judge talking. 

 

        Youngbae stood next to him, incase he tried something. Who would have thought his best friend would be his cop.  

 

        He chuckled. How ironic. 

 

        "Know Jiyong." the Judge spoke. Jiyong looked at him. He held his breath as the judge spoke the words that he did not want to hear. 

 

        Those in the court room cheered. Jiyong was guilty. He was sentenced with the kidnapping of Lee Chaerin. 

 

        He once again tried to catch Chaerin's eye as he was led out by Youngbae. She didn't look up. 

 

        He swallowed. 

 

        "Chaerin..." He whispered. "I love you..." 

 

 

 

 

        "So you're really moving?" Youngbae asked.  

 

        Chaerin nodded. "Yeah... my parents think it would be better. We're going to the states. I'm going to start a new life there." 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "I agree. I think it will be better." He sighed. "I'll miss you, Chae."  

 

        "I'll miss you too, Oppa." She hugged him. "Thank you for finding me."  

 

        Youngbae nodded. "It was nothing." He returned her hug. "You better keep in touch." 

 

        Chaerin laughed. "I'll try, but I can't keep any promises." 

 

        "What? You don't want to keep in touch with me?" 

 

        Chaerin grinned. 

 

        Youngbae chuckled. 

 

        "Chaerin?" 

 

        Mrs. Lee was standing in the doorway. She smiled at Youngbae. "It's time for us to go. We have a flight to catch." 

 

        Chaerin nodded, standing up. Youngbae stood as well. 

 

        "Bye Mrs. Lee. Take care." 

 

        Mrs. Lee smiled. "You too. Thank you so much for bringing this family back together." She hugged him. 

 

        Youngbae blushed. He still wasn't use to people thanking him so much.  

 

        "I'm thankful too." Mr. Lee spoke, coming up behind his wife. He shook Youngbae's hand. 

 

        "Thank you for brining my Unnie back Oppa." Haerin smiled. 

 

        "You guys are embarrassing him." Chaerin pouted. She allowed Youngbae to walk her to the car, as they followed her family. 

 

        She took one last look at her house and sighed. "I'm saying goodbye to so many memories." 

 

        "But you'll make new ones." Youngbae smiled. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        She gave Youngbae one last hug and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you." With a grin, she pulled away and entered the car. 

 

        "Close your mouth Oppa or you'll catch flies!" She called out with a laugh. 

 

        "Yah! Lee Chaerin!" 

 

        Chaerin laughed. "Bye Oppa! I'll miss you!" She rolled her window up as the car began to drive away. 

 

        Youngbae waved until the car disappeared from sight. 

 

        "I'll miss you too, Chae. Don't forget to keep in touch." He smiled.

 

 

 

 


And here is Chapter Three. This ends the past of Chaerin and Jiyong. Everything will officially start in the next chapter. Once again thank you to all that subscribe, comment, and upvote. You really make my day. I'm so happy that I now have 77 Subscribers. Also thank you to my 2 new upvotes from Killah1 and KpopLoverSoWhat! I apprieciate it. Please enjoy this chapter.
Poor Ji in jail (along with bonus Big Bang)
 
Also, quick question: Can someone give me some songs that would go good with this fic? I want to make a trailer to go with it and I need a song. Thank you! :D