Chapter Four

Obsession

        [NEWS!] Lee Chaerin, Heir of Lee Enterprises returns to South Korea! 

 

        [NEWS!] After six years the Heir of Lee Enterprises has returned home! 

 

        [NEWS!] Lee Chaerin, home for good? 

 

        "Wow... nothing gets pass the media." 

 

        "Of course nothing does Bae Oppa. They all know I'm back." 

 

        Youngbae smiled, sitting the newspaper down.  

 

        "It's good to have you back, Chae." 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "It's good to be back." 

 

        Six years ago, after her kidnapping, Chaerin had moved to the states. She had started a new live there. She had put her past behind and had never once looked back or thought of the possibility of coming back to Seoul. 

 

        Why was she back? 

 

        Simple. She was back because of her family. She was here to run Lee Enterprises. She had chosen to come back over the option of staying in the states.  

 

        Being in Seoul was where she belonged. She was a new person and she was willing to show anyone that. 

 

        "Well where will you be staying?" Youngbae asked.  

 

        "I have an apartment ready." 

 

        "You came prepared. When you knocked on my door this morning I was shocked. I never thought I would see you again. You didn't even tell me anything about coming back." 

 

        "I decided to surprise you." Chaerin grinned. "I was lucky that this was your off day. I needed to hide from the media for a bit." 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "Yeah they'll be hounding you with questions." 

 

        Chaerin sighed. 

 

        "Anyway, do you need me to bring you to your apartment?" 

 

        "That would be nice, Bae Oppa." 

 

        "Alright. Let me grab my keys and we'll go." Youngbae disappeared to the back. 

 

        Chaerin stood in the living room, looking around. Her eyes were drawn to the pictures on the wall. She softly smiled, seeing pictures of a younger Youngbae. There were also pictures of his family, as well as his friends. 

 

        One picture caught her eye. It was a picture of Youngbae, Jiyong, and her at her sixteenth birthday. Both boys were hugging her and she was hugging them back. 

 

        Youngbae and Chaerin were looking at the camera, but Jiyong... he was looking down at her. An adoring look could be seen in his eyes. 

 

        She shook her head and turned away from the picture as Youngbae walked back into the room. 

 

        "Ready to go?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        "It might be a little crazy and all with the media, but you have me to lead you safely to my car."  

 

        "Of course a law man will be protecting me." Chaerin teased. 

 

        Youngbae blushed. "Come on." He ushered her out the door, locking it. 

 

        Youngbae was right. Catching wind of where Chaerin was, the media was standing outside of the apartments Youngbae lived in. He cursed noticing the reporters spotted them and were making their way towards Chaerin. 

 

        Grasping her arm gently, he began to lead her through the chaotic crowd. 

         

        Questions came from left and right fired at Chaerin. 

 

        "Ms. Lee, is it true that you are back to run Lee Enterprises?" 

 

        "Have you put the past behind you?" 

 

        "What about Kwon Jiyong? Does he know you are back?" 

 

        "Are you worried that he could come looking for you?" 

 

        "Are Officer Youngbae and you in a relationship?" 

 

        Chaerin ignored each of the questions choosing not to comment. She allowed Youngbae to lead her to his car. 

 

        After she was safely in the vehicle, Youngbae turned to the crowd of reporters.  

 

        "I suggest you leave before I have you all arrested." He threatened and got into his car, driving off. 

 

 

 

 

        "Nice place. Real nice." Youngbae commented. He stood inside of Chaerin's living room. There were a few boxes that needed to be unpacked, but other than that everything looked set up. 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Yeah. It's a good place for me to live." 

 

        "You know you could have stayed with me. All you had to do was ask. I have a guest room." 

 

        "Thanks, but I want to live on my own. I want to have my own place I can come home to and relax." 

 

        Youngbae nodded. "I understand." He made his way into the kitchen. "Is your fridge stocked? Pantries full? I can run and get some groceries if you need me to." He offered. 

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "I'm fine for the night. I plan on going shopping in the morning." 

 

        Youngbae pouted. "I can't come with you. I have work." 

 

        "Why would you want to go shopping with me?" 

 

        "No reason. I just figured since I haven't seen you in so long I could spend some time with you." 

 

        "We have plenty of time for that Bae Oppa. I promise the next time I go shopping I'll invite you along." 

 

        "You better keep that promise." Youngbae chuckled. 

 

        Chaerin stuck her tongue out at him. 

 

        "I think you have a visitor." Youngbae said, hearing a knocking sound come from the door. 

 

        Chaerin frowned. "That's weird. Who could it be?" 

 

        "Let's hope it's not those stupid reporters." Youngbae sighed, following her to the door. 

 

        Chaerin opened it to be greeted with a petite blonde haired woman. She had one fist raised in the air to knock again and a box was being cradled in her other arm. A grin was on her face. She held her hand out to Chaerin. 

 

         "Hi! I'm Sandara Park, but you can call me Dara!" She beamed. 

 

        Chaerin blinked and Youngbae stared wide eyed at the woman. 

 

        "Wow..." He murmured. 

 

        "Oh.. um... hi. I'm Lee Chaerin." She took a hold of Dara's outstretched hand, shaking it. 

 

        "Oh I know who you are." Dara's eyes twinkled. "I'm your neighbor by the way. I came over to welcome you to the building and to give you some of my famous chocolate chips cookies." She held the box up. 

 

        Chaerin grinned. She liked Dara already. She seemed really friendly and easy to get along with. 

 

        "Oh come in." She offered. 

 

        Dara stepped into the apartment. She noticed Youngbae. "Who's this? Your boyfriend?" 

 

        "No!" Chaerin and Youngbae chorused. 

 

        Dara giggled. "I see..." She held the box out to Chaerin, who gladly accepted it.  

 

        "Thank you. I'll put them in the kitchen." 

 

        "If you ever need anything just ask your Unnie for help." 

 

        "Unnie? You look so young!" 

 

        Dara smiled. "Yeah I'm older than you, so that means I'm your Unnie." 

 

        "There's no way you can be older than me then." Youngbae spoke up. 

 

        Dara looked at him. "Really? Just how old are you?" 

 

        Youngbae confidently spoke, "Twenty Five."         

 

        Dara laughed. "Yeah... I'm older than you. Call me Noona." 

 

        "What?! No way?!" 

 

        Chaerin watched the two with amusement. While they continued to playfully bicker, she headed into the kitchen to put the cookies away.  

 

        "Bae Oppa! I think I'm going to go pay my cousin a visit." She announced coming back into the living room. 

 

        Youngbae looked at her surprised. "But you haven't spoken to him in forever." 

 

        "I know, but he owns my favorite cafe and I want to go there." She looked at Dara. "You want to go with us, Unnie." 

 

        Dara nodded. "Sure. It would be nice to get to know you some more." She smiled. 

 

        "Alright it's settled. We're going to Smiling Angel's Cafe." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        Chaerin and Dara entered Smiling Angel's together with Youngbae trailing behind. He was keeping an eye out for any reporters that were waiting to harass Chaerin. 

 

        "This place hasn't really changed." Chaerin commented. She caught eye of her cousin, who was giving out orders to his staff. 

 

        "Daesung Oppa!" 

 

        Her cousin, Daesung, turned around surprised. 

 

        "Chaerin?" 

 

        She smiled. 

 

        "What are you doing here? I didn't know you were back home." Daesung made his way over to their table. 

 

        "I just got back actually. I'm back to run Lee Enterprises."  

 

        Daesung nodded. "Hey Hyung. Hey Dara Noona." 

 

        "Wait... you know her?" Youngbae asked. 

 

        "Of course. Noona is a frequent customer here." 

 

        "He happens to be dating one of my friends." Dara commented.  

 

        "You have a girlfriend." Chaerin teased. "Why haven't I heard anything about this?" 

 

        Daesung blushed. "Well it's not like I hear from you or anything..." 

 

        "Sorry about that Oppa." 

 

        Daesung shrugged his shoulders. "What happen in the past is the past." He smiled. "Anyway have you seen..." 

 

        Youngbae coughed. "Um... Daesung get me something to eat first." 

 

        His friend looked at him startled. "Oh... um... yeah right. What would you like?" He pulled out a notepad and pen. 

 

        The three placed their orders and Daesung headed off to the kitchen.  

 

        Youngbae stood shortly after, excusing himself. He headed to the back. 

 

        "So your friend must be the reason with what happened to my cousin?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        Dara frowned. "I know Daesung's story. He was scheduled to marry someone else but ran away from the relationship to be with Minzy. He truly loves her. It was love at first sight for him when she first visited the cafe that he has worked so hard to manage. Minzy tried to talk him out of following after her and instead go a head with a marriage to another woman. Daesung refused and followed his heart. Minzy and him couldn't be any happier. They're happy with the life they have." 

 

        Chaerin nodded. "I had only heard from my parents that Daesung had ran off to be with some girl. I didn't think they would still be together after all this time." She smiled. "I'm proud of my cousin. Love has made him strong." 

 

        "You'll have to meet the woman that has your cousin's heart. I'll introduce you two." Dara said. 

 

        Chaerin nodded and looked up as Daesung and Youngbae came back to their table.  

 

        "A chocolate cheesecake for Noona, a Oreo cake for Hyung, and for my dear cousin a strawberry cake." 

 

        "Thanks Oppa." Chaerin smiled. 

 

        Daesung smiled back, sitting down some drinks he said were on the house. He then took a seat by Chaerin. 

 

        "Shouldn't you be working." She joked. 

 

        "Hey I own the place. I can take a break to visit with my favorite cousin." He grinned. 

 

        Chaerin rolled her eyes, laughing. 

 

        "So what were you asking Chaerin earlier before you took our orders?" Dara asked. 

 

        Chaerin frowned. "Yeah what were you going to ask me?" 

 

        "Oh... um..." Daesung looked at Youngbae, who frowned at him. 

 

        "I was just wondering if you've seen any good movies lately." He finished. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "That's what you wanted to ask me?" 

 

        Daesung nodded. "Yeah." He laughed. "So you have a place to stay?" 

 

        "Yeah I have an apartment. That's how I met Unnie. She's my neighbor." 

 

        "Well then you'll be in good hands. Noona is a great friend." 

 

        Dara smiled at the compliment.  

 

        "Well Chae it's glad to see you back in Seoul." Daesung smiled. 

 

        Chaerin smiled back. "It's good to be back. I'll be visiting you here."  

 

        "It's getting late. I'll get you back to your apartment." Youngbae spoke up. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        "Yeah I should get back to work. It was nice seeing you Chae. I'll hold you to the visiting promise." Daesung said. 

 

        Chaerin laughed. "Of course you will." She hugged her cousin goodbye. 

 

        "Bye Daesung!" 

 

        "See ya man!" 

 

        Daesung waved. "Bye Noona! Bye Hyung!" 

 

        He headed back to the back, smiling softly. Chaerin was definitely in for a surprise being back in Seoul. A lot of things had changed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      The next morning Chaerin awoke bright and early with a smile on her face. After Youngbae had dropped Dara and her off at the apartments, he had left with a goodbye hug. He made sure to mention that she should come by and visit him at the station for lunch. 

 

        She had chatted with Dara for a few moments, before she too had to leave. She made plans with Chaerin has well, wanting to introduce her to Minzy and another friend of hers, named Bom. 

 

        She took a quick shower and got dress. After eating a quick breakfast, she was out the door by eight. 

 

        She had a schedule for the day and wanted to visit a place that was dear to her heart before going to see Youngbae at the station. 

 

        She smiled as she stepped up to a brick building. It was the Children's Center that she had been known for volunteering at as a teenager. 

 

        She headed on into the building, stopping as she spotted one of the staff. She was an older American woman and Chaerin made her way over to her. 

 

        "Excuse me?" 

 

        The woman turned around and smiled. "Yes? May I help you?" 

 

        Chaerin smiled back. "Yes, I'm interested in helping." 

 

        The woman beamed. "Come with me and I'll have you fill out a few papers." 

 

        Chaerin nodded and followed her to a small office. The woman must not recognize her. Chaerin assumed that her face would probably be all over the papers by now with her return. 

 

        With the papers in her hands, she filled out the information needed.  

 

        "What days would you like to work?" Jill, Chaerin now knew her name, asked.  

 

        "Would Tuesdays and Thursdays be fine?" 

 

        Jill nodded. "Of course they would.  You'll also have someone else working with you. He's a real nice gentlemen. He adores the children here." 

 

        "He?" 

 

        Jill nodded. "Yes. Mr. J...." 

 

        She was cut off by the sound of Chaerin's phone going off. 

 

        "I'm so sorry." Chaerin apologized, reaching for the ringing device. 

 

        Jill smiled at her. "It's no problem. You can answer it. I don't mind." 

 

        Chaerin had a feeling she was going to like the American woman. With a nod, she stood up and answered her phone. She headed out of the office and back into the foyer. 

 

        "Hey Chae!" 

 

        "Bae Oppa, what are you calling for?"  

 

        "I just wanted to see if you would be coming by for lunch. I was thinking we could meet up somewhere." 

 

        "Yeah that sounds nice. Just text me where Oppa. I'm at the Children's Center now filling out some forms." 

 

        "Ah that's good. I know how much you loved that place. I'll text you where we'll meet up. Bye Chae." 

 

        "Bye Oppa." She hung up her phone and put it back into her pocket.  

 

        Just as she was about to head back into the office a voice startled her.  

 

        "Hunchae?" 

 

        Chaerin turned. Her eyes widened. A familiar pair of brown eyes stared back in equal shock. 

 

        "Ah seems like you've met your partner." Jill grinned walking into the room.  

 

        Partner? The word echoed in her head.  

 

        No. 

 

        This couldn't be happening. She wasn't ready for this. 

 

        He looked at her as she stared at him. 

 

        She murmured one word. That word was his name. The name she hadn't spoke in years. 

 

        "Jiyong..."

 

 

 


And Chapter Four. I really don't think I like this chapter lol. I find it boring, but oh well. I now have 96 Subscribers. Thank you all so much. I also now have 11 upvotes. So thank you very much to kloweanime, lolorunawaylove, sakura21, t-yashli, soojinCL, and kharminah. Thank you! I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Until next time! :D

And Chaerin is shocked about what has happened at the end. Are you shocked?