Chapter Two

Obsession
        Shock. 
 
        That was the feeling that had taken over Chaerin’s body. As soon as Jiyong’s lips touched hers, she was frozen in shock.  
 
        Jiyong held her shoulders, his lips tenderly caressing hers. When Chaerin made no move to return the kiss, he pulled back and looked at her. 
 
        “Hunchae.” 
 
        Jiyong had just kissed her. She couldn’t believe it. What was going on here?  
 
        Chaerin shook her head and took a step back. 
 
        "O...Oppa..." 
 
        The way she was looking at him pained Jiyong's heart. She was looking at him like he had done something bad. He reached a hand out, intending to pull her close. She took a step back and Jiyong frowned. 
 
        "Did you not like Oppa's present?"  
 
        Chaerin gaped at him. Present? The kiss was his present? 
 
        "Wha... Oppa! You kissed me!"  
 
        Jiyong nodded. "Yeah, but it's not like it meant anything. It was your present. I figured you should receive your first kiss on your sixteenth birthday." His eyes narrowed. "That was your first kiss, right?" 
 
        "Of course it was! You took my first kiss! How could you, Oppa?!" 
 
        Jiyong laughed and dodged the fist that Chaerin sent his way. 
 
        "Now, now Hunchae. It was all good fun." He leaned down, his face by hers. "Plus I know you liked it." He winked and Chaerin turned red. 
 
        "Yah! Be happy you are my favorite Oppa. Otherwise you would be dead." She pouted. 
 
        Jiyong chuckled. "I feel honored then. Now let's get back inside before they realize you've been gone too long."  
 
        Chaerin nodded. 
 
        Jiyong placed his hand on her back and began to lead her out the garden, back to the party. The whole time he wore a grin on his face. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        "So Bae Oppa, how's the police training going?" Chaerin asked, sipping on her coke. She, along with Jiyong and Youngbae were at the mall for the day.  
        "It's going really good. Before you know it your Bae Oppa will be a Officer of the law." He smiled. 
 
        Chaerin giggled and turned to Jiyong, who had been keeping quiet most of their mall visit. 
 
        "And what about you Oppa? How are things at your Appa's company?" 
 
        "Hm?" Jiyong looked up. He seemed lost for a moment. He then smiled. "Oh at the company. It's the same old." 
 
        Chaerin frowned. "Are you alright Oppa? You aren't as chipper as usual." 
 
        "I'm perfectly fine, Hunchae. I just have a lot on my mind." He smiled at her. 
 
        "If you say so."  
 
        "I know so." Jiyong chuckled and stole a fry. 
 
        "Oppa!" 
 
        Jiyong laughed. "What? You have plenty enough to share." He teased. 
 
        Chaerin pouted.  
 
        "Anyway you didn't notice Youngbae stealing some?" 
 
        "Bae Oppa!" 
 
        Both the nineteen year olds laughed at the sixteen year old girl. 
 
        Finished in the food court, the three set off through out the mall. 
 
        While Jiyong and Youngbae were busy looking at some shoes, Chaerin ventured off to look at the cute Rilakkuma stand that had caught her eye. She was so busy gushing over the cute bear, that she didn't notice a guy about to bump into her. 
 
        The guy was looking down at his cell phone and we came into contact with a cute girl at the Rilakkuma stand. Upon bumping into her, he quickly grabbed her arm so she wouldn't fall over. 
 
        "I'm so sorry." He bowed. "I was looking at my cell. I should have been paying attention." He gave a sheepish grin. 
 
        The guy was cute and he looked about her age. "No it's alright. I'm not hurt." She smiled. 
 
        "Whoo, I thought you were going to press me with charges or something." 
 
        Chaerin laughed. 
 
        "I just realized that I should have introduced myself. I did bump into you and all." He held out his hand. "The name's Ryou." He smiled. 
 
        Chaerin smiled back. "I'm Chaerin." 
 
        "You have such a pretty name."  
 
        "Thanks." Chaerin blushed. 
 
        "So, are you here by yourself or...." 
 
        "Oh I'm here with two of my Oppas." 
 
        "Oh..." Ryou looked dejected. "I was going to ask if you wanted to sit and talk. You seem really cool." 
 
        "I would like too, but...." Chaerin took a glance to where Jiyong and Youngbae seemed to be arguing over some shoes.  
 
        "It's cool." Ryou smiled. "Can I at least get your number?" He asked. 
 
        Chaerin blinked. Well this was a first. Some guy asking for her number. 
 
        She shyly nodded. "Sure." She reached into her purse and pulled out her cell phone. Just as she was about to hand it to Ryou, another hand grabbed the phone, stopping her. 
 
        She looked up to see Jiyong. He wasn't looking at her, but was instead looking at Ryou. 
 
        "It's time for us to leave, Chae." He spoke, his voice deadly calm. 
 
        Ryou swallowed. He didn't know who this guy was, but he knew not to mess with him. 
 
        "Um... bye Chaerin." He waved, running off. 
 
        "Wha... what?! Oppa! What did you just do?!"  
 
        Jiyong turned, face furious. "WHAT DID I JUST DO?! WHAT WERE YOU DOING?! YOU DON'T KNOW THAT GUY! HE COULD HAVE BEEN A FOR ALL YOU KNOW!" 
 
        "WHAT?! A ! ARE YOU CRAZY, OPPA!? HE WAS JUST A NORMAL GUY! HE WAS ASKING FOR MY NUMBER! WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?!" 
 
        Jiyong's fist clenched and he breathed. "Let's just go, Hunchae." He murmured, softly. He began leading the girl, who had tears in her eyes, out of the mall. 
 
        "What took you guys so long?" Youngbae asked, as they got into the car. After buying the shoes, Jiyong had told him to go on a head, while he got Chaerin. Feeling the tense atmosphere, he looked at Chaerin. 
 
        "Chae, are you alright?"  
 
        Chaerin merely said nothing, but looked down, slightly sniffling. 
 
        Turning his attention to his best friend, he noticed Jiyong's clenched jaw and how he was gripping the steering wheel. 
 
        What had happened? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        Two weeks had passed since the blow up in the mall and Chaerin had been doing her best to avoid Jiyong. She was so hurt by how he had acted. Jiyong had never yelled at her before. 
 
        It was so strange. 
 
        Chaerin sighed and situated herself on her bed. It was a little pass midnight in the Lee household and she couldn't fall asleep. Call her crazy, but she felt like something was going to happen. 
 
        Kicking the covers off, she got up and made her way downstairs to the kitchen. She was the only one in the household tonight. Her parents, along with Haerin, had gone out of town. They had ask Chaerin if she wanted to go, but she had some exams to study for. So, trusting her, her parents has left her alone in the house. Right now, she was wishing they hadn't. 
 
        She got a glass from the cupboard and opened the fridge door, getting the milk out. A nice glass of milk would calm her nerves, right? After pouring herself a glass, she put the milk back, and closed the fridge. 
 
        "I should have a light." She thought, noticing how dark it was in the kitchen. She drank her milk, shivering slightly.  
 
        Finished, she put her glass in the sink. She could wash it in the morning. She began to make her way back upstairs. Halfway up the stairs, she paused. She could have sworn she saw  something.  
 
        "You're going crazy, Chae." She murmured. "Too many horror movies." 
 
        Shaking her head, she made it to her room. She crawled back into her bed, determined to fall asleep.  
 
        CRASH! 
 
        Chaerin shot up in the bed. Okay now she was sure something was going on. She had just heard something. Pulling her covers closer, she reached for her phone on her night stand. 
 
        "Hunchae." 
 
        Chaerin blinked. 
 
        "Jiyong... Oppa?" 
 
        Sure enough, there was Jiyong leaning against her door frame.  
 
        "Wha... what? Jiyong Oppa, what are you doing here? How did you get in? You nearly gave me a heart attack!" 
 
        All of her questions had Jiyong chuckling. 
 
        "I have a key, remember? I also knew you would be by yourself. I came to check on you." His eyes softened. "Hunchae, I'm sorry about what happened at the mall." 
 
        Chaerin shook her head. She didn't care about that. She was just happy to see Jiyong. "It's okay Oppa." 
 
        Jiyong smiled and opened his arms. "At least come and give Oppa a hug to make him feel better." 
 
        Chaerin nodded, sliding out of bed and running to Jiyong's arms. She hugged him and he hugged her back, tightly. 
 
        "Oppa loves you so much, Hunchae. He just wants what's best for you. He'll do everything he can to protect you." 
 
        Chaerin didn't really understand what he meant by those words, but she figured it was just Jiyong being Jiyong. 
 
        "I love you too, Oppa. You're my best friend." She smiled. 
 
        Jiyong sadly smiled. "I'm sorry." 
 
        Chaerin pulled back a little. "What?" She was confused. What was he sorry about? 
 
        "Oppa is sorry." And before Chaerin could react, Jiyong bought his hand up, covering and nose with a rag. His sad eyes were the last thing she saw as she succumbed to the darkness.
 
 
 
 

 


And here we go, Chapter Two. It's not as long as Chapter One. It would have been longer, but I decided to continue the past into Chapter Three. Once again thank you to all that subscribe, comment, and upvote. I now have 55 subscribers. Thank you! Also I got two more upvotes. So special thank you to SaraG-Zelo and Imyouknowwho! I really appreciate it!

Well see you in Chapter Three! :D