Chapter Nine

Obsession

        "So... um... what are you going to order?" Chaerin asked, trying to break the awkward atmosphere that had settled between them. 
 
        Jiyong looked at her. "Oh um... I'm actually not sure yet." He grinned at her. "I've had everything on the menu though. It's all really good." 
 
        Chaerin nodded. "Then I'll will trust you to place my order for me. I've never eaten here before." 
 
        Jiyong looked at her. "Okay. I'll order for you if that's what you want." 
 
        A waiter came up to them and bowed. 
 
        "May I take your order?" He asked. 
 
        Jiyong nodded, still looking at the menu. He then placed it down on the table and looked up. "We'll both have Japchae, Tojangguk, Samgyeopsal, and to drink some water, please." He nodded at the waiter. 
 
        The waiter took their menus and left, leaving them alone. 
 
        They were once again left alone in the awkward silence. Chaerin could feel Jiyong eyeing her. 
 
        "You were great with the kids today." He murmured. 
 
        Chaerin smiled. "I had fun and they are all so sweet." 
 
        Jiyong nodded. "I think Eunji is going to like you a lot though." 
 
        At the mention of the little girls name, a sad smile fell upon Chaerin's face. "I still can't believe... that poor girl." She sighed. 
 
        "Hey, smile. Don't dwell on it. We want to show those kids that we are here for them. That is why we give them the love they deserve." 
 
        Chaerin nodded. Jiyong was right. The only thing they could do was give them the love they deserve.  
 
        Another silence fell between the two and Chaerin inwardly cursed. Why was it so awkward? She remembered back when Jiyong and her couldn't even shut up around each other. They always had something to talk about. Things never got awkward between the two. At least things use to not, but now... well now after what happened neither Chaerin nor Jiyong were sure things would go back to the way they use to be. 
 
        Thankfully the waiter arrived with their food. He was definitely a life saver, Chaerin decided. She couldn't have taken much more of the silence. She watched as the food was placed on the table and watered as the delicious aroma filled her nose. 
 
        Jiyong smiled at her, lifting his glass and she did the same. Their glasses clinked together and Chaerin took a sip, enjoying the cool water sliding down .  
 
        The two started eating. This time the silence wasn't an awkward one. It was more of a kind of silence that lingers when one is eating. They were simply enjoying the food too much to talk.  
 
        Taking her last bit of noodles, Chaerin looked at Jiyong. He had finished his plate before her and was now finishing off his glass of water.  
 
        He looked up, catching her staring. "Is there something on my face?" 
 
        Chaerin blushed, slightly. "Ah... no." She murmured.  
 
        She sighed. "I just still can't believe that I'm sitting here having dinner with you." 
 
        Jiyong frowned and titled his head to the side, clearly not understanding what she meant. 
 
        "Is having dinner with me bad?" 
 
        Chaerin shook her head. "It wouldn't be so bad if things weren't awkward between us." She noticed the small amount of pain flash in his eyes, but shrugged it off. "I'm sorry, Jiyong-ssi." She stood. "Dinner was nice and I thank you for paying, but I must be going." Before Jiyong could even stop her, Chaerin had grabbed her things and had left the restaurant. 
 
        Jiyong sat in his seat, eyes on the spot where Chaerin had been momentarily before. His chest hurt, he could feel his heart breaking. 
 
        He was trying so hard to win Chaerin's trust. He wanted to show her that he was different. He wasn't the same man from before. Every time he thought he was getting closer to her, she would just shut him out. It might as well be a lost cause. 
 
        He sighed, signaling the waiter over so he could pay.  
 
        After paying the bill, he left the restaurant as well. One thought ran through his mind. No trying to get Chaerin's trust back was not a lost cause. He was not going to give up. He would do anything to get it back. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

        Chaerin felt bad for leaving Jiyong in the restaurant. She really did. She knew it seemed like a eat and run kind of thing. Okay so maybe it was that. But you couldn't blame her, right? Things were just to awkward between Jiyong and her. She knew she said she would try, but she just didn't know anymore. 
 
        When around Jiyong, she slowly found herself falling into the old Chaerin. The Chaerin that always hung around Jiyong. The Chaerin that looked up to her Oppa. The Chaerin that trusted him. 
 
        Where was that trust now? It was gone. She couldn't allow herself to trust him anymore. 
 
        She couldn't allow herself to fall in love with him. 
 
        Fall in love with him? Where had that come from? 
 
        She had only always saw him as an Oppa growing up. Sure she might have had a small crush on him at one point, but she wasn't in love with him. 
 
        Plus there was no way she could fall in love with him now. Not after everything that had happened. 
 
        She shook her head. She wouldn't allow it to happen. She had agreed to be civil to him, but that was about all she could give him. She just wasn't ready to fall back into that line of friendship and trust. 
 
        She stopped outside of her apartment, opening her purse to look for her keys. She fished them out and unlocked the door.  
 
        A slight shiver ran down her spine and she froze.  
 
        Why did it feel like someone was watching her?  
 
        She slowly turned around, looking at her surroundings. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. 
 
        "Must be my imagination." She thought and turned back to her door. She opened it and stepped inside. 
 
        Just to be safe, she locked the door. 
 
        She went into the kitchen, to get a glass of water, when her phone rang. 
 
        She answered it to be greeted with Dara's cheerful voice.  
 
        "Got any plans tonight?" 
 
        "No. Why?" 
 
        She had been planning on staying in and relaxing, but she guessed she could hang out with Dara.  
 
        "Good, because you are going clubbing with us." Dara answered. 
 
        "With us?" Chaerin asked. 
 
        "Yes! With us! The Park sisters!" She heard Bom yell in the background.  
 
        Chaerin chuckled. 
 
        "We are headed back to the apartments right now. I need to change, so you get ready too." Dara said. "Bom is going to stop by your apartment while I get ready." 
 
        "Alright. I'll see you Unnies soon then."  
 
        "Yep. See you soon, Baby Rin." 
 
        Chaerin hung up and sat her phone on the kitchen counter. She then proceeded on back to her room to get ready for a night of clubbing with the Park sisters. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

        "Man, the money for these pictures better be worth it." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "She almost saw me."  
 
        Thankfully, Lee Chaerin hadn't. He was able to duck behind a car in time. He had only moved once she had went inside of her apartment. 
 
        Readjusting the camera he had, he pulled out his cell phone to make a quick call to his Boss. 
 
        "She's inside her apartment." 
 
        He frowned, listening to the words on the other line. 
 
        "I think I have enough pictures for now..." 
 
        "....whatever. I'll stay a bit longer." 
 
        He hung up. 
 
        "Bastard." He murmured. "Who does he think he is? Doesn't he know I can take him out with one bullet." 
 
        He chuckled. 
 
        "Well..." He stood up. "Who knows when she will leave that apartment of hers. I might as well get somewhere comfortable." 
 
        He moved past the trashed bins, making his way through the parking lot. He was suddenly knocked off balance as a red headed woman ran smack into him. 
 
        He groaned, hitting the ground. 
 
        "Aish..." 
 
        "Omo! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to knock you over. It's just I'm in a hurry and my sister is taking to long to get out of the car." She was bowing. "I'm so sorry." 
 
        He stood up, raising a brow at her. He immediately knew who she was by the red hair. "It's alright, Ms. Park Bom." 
 
        Bom looked up and laughed. "How did I not realize it was my own boyfriend I bumped into? I'm sorry, Seunghyun." 
 
        Seunghyun smirked. "You got that right. You plowed me over like I was nobody important." 
 
        "How was I suppose to know you were going to be right there? I was too excited about seeing Chaerin." 
 
        Seunghyun perked at Chaerin's name. 
 
        "Ah you've visiting the girl that Ji is hung up over." He said, 
 
        Bom frowned. "What does that mean?" She asked. 
 
        Seunghyun shook his head. "Nothing. What are you visiting Chaerin for and why are you dressed like that?" He asked, taking in her club outfit. 
 
        Bom innocently smiled. "We are just having a girl's night." She said. 
 
        She then narrowed her eyes. "Wait a minute. What are you doing at this apartment complex?" 
 
        "." Seunghyun thought. "I... I have a friend that lives here."  
 
        Bom blinked and looked at him. It seemed as if she was wondering if she believed that or not. 
 
        "I see." She said. 
 
        Seunghyun smiled. "I'll let you get to your girl's night, okay. Just don't get too wild." He pressed a kiss to her forehead. 
 
        Bom nodded and smiled. "Okay. Drive safe." 
 
        Seunghyun nodded. He watched as she walked off and once she was out of sight, he left. 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

      "I don't think he's cheating on you, Bommie." Dara said. 
 
        "Maybe he really was visiting a friend." Chaerin added. 
 
        The three were at the club. It was alive with music and all that were dancing. They had decided to take a breather and listen to Bom as she told them about her run in with Seunghyun at the apartments. 
 
        Bom sighed. "He just... I don't know. Lately he's been different. He's always busy and he always says its work." 
 
        Chaerin and Dara exchanged a look. 
 
        Bom smiled, wryly at them. "Sorry I shouldn't be troubling you two with this." 
 
        Chaerin placed a hand over hers. "It's okay, Unnie. We're here for you." She smiled. 
 
        Dara nodded. 
 
        Bom teared slightly. "Thanks girls." She then perked up. "Let's hit the dance floor again." 
 
        Chaerin and Dara laughed. Leave it to Bom to completely change the mood. 
 
        They got up and followed her to the dance floor. 
 
        Chaerin began to dance, losing herself in the music. 
 
        She felt a pair of hands on her hips and continued to dance. As long as he didn't try to try anything, she would allow the stranger to dance with her. 
 
        He matched her moves with his own and the two grinded against each other. 
 
        The song ended and Chaerin turned around to see the face of her dance partner. 
 
        "You're a great dancer, Lee Chaerin. Now how about I buy you a drink?" 
 
        Lee Seunghyun.

 

 


Whoa! It's been like over 2 years since I last updated. Okay... more like 2 months, but still it probably felt like 2 years right?

Well anway... Sorry lol

So here is Chapter Nine. You finally know who one of our mystery men are from Chapter Eight. How do you feel about that? Who is the Boss? Let me know what you think. :3

And whoo! I'm so happy to see that I now have 171 Subscribers! I also now have 25 Upvotes. So thank you to mariblacksay and MelChoiG. I LOVE YOU ALL! THANK YOU!

Now I must go to sleep. It is 4:30 in the morning. Night :3

.

Until Next Time.