Epilogue

Obsession

(3 Years Later)

        It's been three years since that night. Three years since Bom was kidnapped. Three years since the murders. Three years since Chaerin was kidnapped and Jiyong came to find her. Three years since Seunghyun went to jail and three years since Seungri's death. 

 

        So much had happened in these three years. 

 

        After Bom had drove Chaerin and Jiyong to the hospital, the police were notified about what had happened. Youngbae took care of filling them in on the details on his end, while Seunghyun was handcuffed and led away. When they arrived at the hospital, Bom filled them in the rest of the way. 

 

        Youngbae, along with another group of officers, went out to the house. They found the room was Seungri was in and Youngbae checked the body. He confirmed the death of Lee Seunghyun that day. 

 

        Once Jiyong was released from the hospital, he was made by his friends to rest. He had grumbled, because he wasn't the type of person to just stay in his apartment. He hated not being able to do anything. The only reason he listened was because of Chaerin. She came over everyday 

while he got better and kept him company. 

 

        Dara and Youngbae joked that he had his own personal nurse. 

 

        Speaking of those two, Dara had been in tears when she had seen Bom. She had refused to leave her sister's side since Bom had been safely returned home.  

 

        As the three years went by and she was sure that Bom was safe, she had let up on keeping an eye on her sister the whole time. Not that she could anyway with the love life she now had. Dara and Youngbae had started dating a year and a half after the incident.  

 

        No one at first saw it coming. The two becoming a couple came as a shock to the group. It was thanks to Chaerin that they got together. The had decided that the two of them looked good together. She was always pairing them up when the group of friends hung out. Slowly, Dara and Youngbae got closer and thus feelings arose. 

 

        Being home safely, Bom was still adjusting to the fact that her boyfriend had been apart of such horrible crimes. Seunghyun was sentenced ten years in prison. If he acted accordingly in prison, he could get out on parole in five years. It broke Bom's heart when she went to visit him in prison. Every time she looked at him, she felt like crying and she felt like crying even more when he said sorry to her once the visitation was up. She prayed everyday that Seunghyun would get out of prison soon and they could live life as it was before. 

 

        Chaerin's dear cousin, Daesung had proposed to Minzy and the two got married a year later. It took a while for Daesung's family to accept his bride, but slowly they did. The two expanded Smiling Angel's, making it an even bigger cafe. It became a huge hit as they opened up more cafes in other cities. Happily married and expecting their first child, you couldn't find a more in love couple around. 

 

        Or could you? 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong had grown closer in the three years. Taking care of Jiyong and keeping him company, while he got better had caused Chaerin to allow her oppa back into her life. Jiyong was over the moon when she started calling him oppa again. 

 

        Chaerin was doing her work at Lee Enterprises, while Jiyong was helping his father out at Kwon Enterprises. After the media had found out Jiyong wasn't the killer, he was looked at it a different light. It was as if know one remember how he had brought shame to his family years ago. He was considered a hero for going after Chaerin to save her. He had been welcomed back into his father's company and was being prepared to take it over. 

 

        If you asked Jiyong if he felt like a hero, he would tell you no. He would say that Chaerin was the real hero. This is what he told the reporters when they talked to him. He had laughed, saying that Chaerin had saved him while he was bleeding. If it hadn't been for her he would be dead. 

 

        Chaerin on the other hand, said she still considered Jiyong a hero. He came for her. If he hadn't had come, who knows what would have happened to her. 

 

        They spent the first year after the incident rebuilding their friendship. Jiyong healed with Chaerin by his side.  

 

        The second year, things changed. Both Chaerin and Jiyong knew that there was something between them. There were feelings they could no longer deny.  

 

        It was Chaerin who made the first move, surprising both Jiyong and herself. It had been a Friday night and the two of them were in Jiyong's apartment, watching movies. Chaerin had been wondering how to tell Jiyong how she was feeling, while he had been wondering the same.  

 

        When the movie ended and they were taking a break to get more snacks from the kitchen, Chaerin had stopped Jiyong with a hand on his arm. He had turned to her, confused. It was then that Chaerin leaned forward to press her lips to his. 

 

        Jiyong had stood frozen in shock, trying to process what was happening. Chaerin was kissing him?! Before he could even have a chance to respond, she had pulled back and looked up at him. She then confessed her feelings to him. 

 

        Jiyong had never felt as happy as he had in that moment. He smiled and pulled her into his arms, telling her with a laugh that it was about time. She had playfully slapped him on the arm then and Jiyong grinned, looking down at her, as he said that he was very much in love with her too.  

 

        The two shortly became a couple after that. None of their friends were surprised for they had seen it coming. It didn't take long for them to get engaged after becoming a couple. Jiyong waited six months to ask her and he was over the moon when Chaerin said yes. 

 

        Now three years later, they were newly weds, enjoying their life together.  

 

        Only having been married for eight weeks now, Jiyong knew one thing he would not get tired of and that was waking up every morning next to Chaerin. He often would just lie there, admiring her features before he had to get up and get ready for work. 

 

        Today though was not a work day and neither was it a work day for Chaerin. Still, they couldn't stay in bed all day, they both had two places to visit today. 

 

        "Chae, baby." He prodded her shoulder gently. 

 

        Chaerin murmured in her sleep. 

 

        Jiyong chuckled and nudged her shoulder again. "Hunchae, you need to get up! Did you forget where we are going today?!" He sang. 

 

        Cracking her eyes opened, Chaerin playfully glared at her husband.  

 

        "Come on, love. You need to get up." Jiyong smiled, sitting up in the bed. "You go a head and shower and I'll go make breakfast." He said, reaching down to the side of the bed and grabbing his sweat pants from last night. He pulled them on and looked at his wife, who hadn't moved an inch from her spot. 

 

        Smirking, he crawled up besides her and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Yah, if you don't get up now, I'm going to think you want another repeat from last night." He lightly grazed her lobe with his ear, enjoying the way Chaerin shudder. 

 

        "Oppa." She blushed, quickly sitting up. "I swear you're insatiable!" 

 

        Jiyong chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. "I can't help it. You make me this way." 

 

        Chaerin rolled her eyes and stood up from the bed. 

 

        Jiyong's eyes raked over her form appreciatively. 

 

        "Mm... I'll go shower, oppa. Go a head and get breakfast started." She smiled at him and headed off into their bathroom. 

 

        Jiyong bit his lip. He knew they had places to be today, but damn. 

 

        He groaned. it. Breakfast could wait. He then proceeded on into the bathroom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        Freshly showered and freshly satisfied, Chaerin and Jiyong had a quick breakfast before leaving their home. Their first stop was the florist. Chaerin ordered the usual flowers she got and Jiyong and her were back on the room to their second destination. 

 

        They arrived at the cemetery and started their walk towards they grave they had come to visit. Chaerin and Jiyong took this trip twice a month, so they knew right away where the grave was. 

 

        The both stopped, silently reading the tombstone in front of them with sadness in their eyes. Chaerin laid the flowers down and sighed, kneeling down. 

 

        "Hey, Panda oppa." She smiled. 

 

        Jiyong kneeled down next to her. "Hey, Ri." 

 

        The bullet that Seungri had taken from Chaerin three years ago on that night, had been a bullet to the head. Seungri had died and the court had ruled it as an act of self defense on Chaerin's part. 

 

        Even so, a part of Chaerin felt so upset for Seungri's death. Even with what he had done, a part of her remembered him as her Panda oppa from when she was little. 

 

        Twice a month, Jiyong and her visited Seungri's grave to talk to him. Chaerin wanted Seungri to see that he was not forgotten.  

 

        "How are you today, oppa? Jiyong and I are going to the Children's Center. It's been a while since we have been there." She sighed. "I hope you are doing fine." Her fingers lightly grazed his name on the tombstone. 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong sat for about a hour telling Seungri about the things they had done in the last few weeks. They also filled him in on what they were planning to do at the Children's Center. 

 

        "Well, oppa. We'll see you next time." Chaerin smiled. She pressed her fingers to her lips and then moved them to touch the picture of Seungri that his parents had placed in front of the grave.  

 

        "Bye, Ri. Behave." Jiyong smiled. 

 

        The two headed back to the car with sad smiles on their faces. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        Their last destination was the Children's Center. Now that Chaerin was working at Lee Enterprises, she had to stop her volunteering at the center. It was the same for Jiyong with Kwon Enterprises taking up his time.  

 

        The two though, made sure to donate to the center and if they could would visit it on an off day like today. 

 

        Today was different though. Today Chaerin and Jiyong were going to meet up with Jill to sign some papers. 

 

        "Ah there they are, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon." Jill smiled as Chaerin and Jiyong walked into her office. She was not alone. Inside her office, was the lawyer she had called, who had the papers for Chaerin and Jiyong to sign. 

 

        "They're all here Mr. and Mrs. Kwon." the lawyer smiled, handing the papers over to the couple. 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong looked over the papers. It had been a long process, but finally in their hands they held papers for adoption.  

 

        It wasn't as if Chaerin couldn't get pregnant and this is why they had those papers. She could. Jiyong and her had already talked about having a baby, but right now there was a little girl who needed them. 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong signed the papers, smiling. 

 

        When they were done, Jill led them out of her office and to the room where the children were all playing. 

 

        Lee Hi and B.I, still volunteers at the center, greet the couple. The two were now dating, which Chaerin had called three years ago. She knew they would get together. 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong waved at them and followed Jill over to the little girl coloring in the corner of the room. 

 

        Eunji looked up and smiled.  

 

        "Hello, Eunji." Chaerin grinned. 

 

        "Hey, Baby Girl." Jiyong grinned as well. 

 

        "Eunji, you get to go home with Mr. and Mrs. Kwon today." Jill spoke. 

 

        Eunji's eyes widened and she jumped up. "Really?" She looked at Chaerin and Jiyong, who nodded. 

 

        Squealing Eunji ran to the two adults, who had kneeled down. She jumped at them, wrapping her arms around them. 

 

        Laughing, Chaerin and Jiyong pulled her into a hug. "You have a home with us now, Eunji." Chaerin said. 

         

        "We have a room ready for you and everything." Jiyong added. 

 

        Eunji looked up, tears in her eyes. "I love you, Omma." She smiled. She looked at Jiyong. "I love you, Appa." 

 

        Chaerin and Jiyong smiled down and her, hugging her closer. "We love you too, baby." 

 

        Hand in hand, the three walked out of the Children's Center to start their life as a new family.

 

 


OH MY GOSH! IT'S FINALLY OVER! IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FINISH THIS, BUT I FINALLY DID IT! WHOO!

Anyway... I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to those who have subscribed to this story. All 242 of you are precious to me. Also a HUGE THANK YOU to the 36 upvoters. You guys are just as precious. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Thanks for reading Obsession! BYE!

SKYDRAGON BONUS GIFS:

 

 

(Oct 6th, 2013 - Jul 23rd, 2015)