Chapter One

Obsession

       "Chaerin. Come and meet everyone dear." 
 
        Mrs. Lee coaxed her young daughter forward. 
 
        Ten years old and Chaerin was expected to attend these parties held by her parents. Born into old money, she was the first heir to the Lee Enterprises followed by her baby sister Haerin. The girls, like most children of prestigious families, they were trained and schooled by the finest. They were pampered by their parents, but unlike most they were not spoiled.  
 
        Chaerin knew what spoiled was. Plenty of her 'friends' were the very definition of it. They would merely whine and they would get what they wanted. Just because she grew up in a pampered life, did not mean she got everything handed to her like the others. 
 
        No. 
 
        Chaerin was a smart ten year old. She knew responsibility. She was not greedy. If she wanted something, she worked to earned it. 
 
        Stepping towards her father and mother, she politely smiled at the family before her and listened to her mother's introduction. 
 
        "These are the Kwons, dear." Mr. Lee smiled, placing a hand on Chaerin's shoulder. 
 
        "It's a pleasure to meet you, Chaerin. We've heard so much about you." Mrs. Kwon smiled. 
 
        "Yes. Your parents talk splendidly of you." Mr. Kwon beamed. "But we aren't the only ones that have been looking forward to meet you. Jiyong has wanted to meet you as well." 
 
        Chaerin then noticed the boy that stood next to his father. He didn't look too much older than her. He was taller than her and from what she could tell awfully skinny for a guy. His hair was brown and it fell framing his features. His eyes were just as brown as the hair on his head and she found herself staring back into them as he stared back. 
 
        His mouth opened and he spoke, breaking her out of the trance she had found herself in. 
 
        "It's a pleasure to meet you, Chaerin."  
 
        He stepped forward and held his hand out to hers. 
 
        Chaerin raised her hand, grasping his.  
 
        He bought their locked hands up, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. 
 
        Chaerin blushed. 
 
        Jiyong pulled back and grinned crookedly at her. 
 
        "I hope we can be good friends. Call me Oppa from now on." 
 
        And Chaerin's blush darkened as the parents around them laughed at their children. 
 
        Just what was Chaerin going to do with Jiyong? 
 
 

 

 


 
 
        "Jingyo Oppa! Wait for me!" 
 
        "Come on! I know you can run faster than that, Hunchae!"  
 
        It had been three years since their first meeting. The Kwon and Lee family had become close friends. Because of this Chaerin had often seen Jiyong, which resulted with the two becoming close as well." 
 
        Jiyong learned Chaerin's likes and dislikes, as Chaerin learned the same about him. She also learned that Jiyong was very spoiled. Even though he had an older sister who should be the heir, his parents had wanted a boy to be their heir to Kwon Enterprises. When Jiyong was born they were very happy and spoiled him greatly.  
 
        Jiyong believed everything should be handed to him, no matter what it was. If he wanted something, he was going to get it one way or another.  
 
        There was one thing that Jiyong wanted the most and that was Chaerin's attention on him always. He wanted to be her only Oppa. He still regretted letting her meet his best friend Dong Youngbae (who was the complete opposite of him, might I add). She had called him Oppa and Jiyong had pouted the whole time Bae was visiting. It wasn't until Chaerin came over to him and pressed an innocent kiss to his cheek, did his mood lighten up. 
 
        Call him crazy, but he cared for his Hunchae deeply and only wanted the best for her. He was always visiting and always taking care of her. He made time in his busy schedule just to see her. And if he couldn't see her everyday, he would at least make a phone call to hear her voice. 
 
        Chaerin bought joy to his life and he didn't know what he would do without her. 
 
        "Oppa, I caught up with you!" Chaerin grinned, grasping onto the sixteen year old's jacket. 
 
        Jiyong chuckled. "Yes you did." He smiled down at the thirteen year old girl before him. 
 
        "Can we play one more round before you have to take me home." She pouted. 
 
        Ah that's right, the two were playing a game of Hide and Seek in the woods. Not the best place to play it, but Chaerin had insisted and Jiyong had given in to the puppy eyes.  
 
        He sighed. "Fine. One more round, but then we have to get you home. Got it?" 
 
        Chaerin beamed and nodded. 
 
        "Okay, go count Oppa." She began pushing him from the back. 
 
        Jiyong laughed. "Alright, alright. I'm going." He shook his head, amused. He closed his eyes, bringing his hands up as extra coverage so he wouldn't be accused of cheating, and began to count.  
 
        Halfway through counting he heard a scream. 
 
        His eyes snapped opened and he began to run to the direction from where the scream came from. Chaerin's name filtered through his mind and a fear gripped his heart. He ran through the trees into a clearing, where a creek laid. There was Chaerin, struggling in the water, crying for help. 
 
        Dread came over Jiyong and he remember what Mrs. Lee had told him of an incident when Chaerin was young. The family had been on a trip when the eight year old Chaerin had fallen over board into the water. Not knowing how to swim, she had almost drowned, if not for her father saving her in time. Since then, Chaerin stayed clear of swimming, afraid that the incident would repeat itself. 
 
        Another cry came and Jiyong was diving into the creek, swimming with all his might. Nothing else mattered at that moment. All that matter to him was saving Chaerin. 
 
        Reaching her, he pulled the frightened girl into his arms and swam to shore.  
 
        On land, sopping wet, they both sat. Chaerin's body racked with sobs as she stared at the creek. Jiyong breathed deeply. 
 
        "What were you thinking, Chae?" He asked. If Chaerin had listened closely to the sound of his voice, she would have been able to tell he was holding back tears. 
 
        Chaerin looked up slightly, face wet with tears. "O... Oppa." She cried. "I... I fell in... I didn't mean to..." 
 
        Jiyong sighed and reached out, gripping her shoulders with his hands. He turned her to face him. 
 
        "Do you know how bad you scared me? If I hadn't made it in time... you... you..." His shoulders shook. 
 
        "I would have died." Chaerin whispered. 
 
        Jiyong's eyes widened and he shook his head. "No... I would never let you die." 
 
        Chaerin cried and buried herself in Jiyong's opened arms. 
 
        Jiyong hugged her, pressing a kiss to her temple. "I'll always protect you, Hunchae. Oppa's here. Always." He rocked her as she cried herself to sleep in his arms.  
 
 
 

 

 


 
        "Happy sixteenth, Chaerin!" her friend's sang to her and Chaerin smiled. 
 
        It was her sixteenth birthday and her parents had thrown her an amazing party. She as walking around socializing with her guests when he made his appearance. She hadn't seen him in so long and with a wide smile, she ran into his arms. 
 
        "Jingyo Oppa!"  
 
        "Have you missed me that much?" Jiyong laughed, returning the hug.  
 
        Nineteen, he was in college. He didn't get to see his Hunchae as much as before, but there were still the phone calls and he enjoyed them immensely. 
 
        "I'm so happy you came." 
 
        "Well of course. I wasn't going to miss your sweet sixteen."  
 
        Chaerin smiled and Jiyong smiled back. 
 
        "Is there no love for me?" 
 
        "Bae Oppa!" Chaerin squealed and tore from Jiyong's hug to hug Youngbae, who grinned at the scowl on his friend's face. 
 
        "I'm so happy you came."  
 
        "Well as Ji said, we couldn't miss your sweet sixteen." 
 
        Chaerin beamed. 
 
        "Though sorry we are a little late getting here. Jiyong took forever to get ready." 
 
        "That's not true!" Jiyong yelled, the tip of his ears turning red. 
 
        Chaerin and Youngbae laughed. 
 
        "Anyway Chaerin we each got you a gift. You can open them now if you want."  
 
        Chaerin nodded. Youngbae handed her his gift first. She opened it to find a charm bracelet.  
 
        "Bae Oppa, I love it. Thank you!" She smiled. 
 
        Youngbae smiled back, pleased with his gift. 
 
        Jiyong handed her his gift next. He held his breath as she opened it. She had to love it. It had to be perfect for her. 
 
        "Omo... Jiyong Oppa." Chaerin held her gift up. It was an Amethyst stone that rested on a long silver chain. It was what was inside the stone that held her attention. It was the picture of a Monarch butterfly. 
 
        "Do you like it?" Jiyong asked. 
 
        Looking up from her gift, Chaerin nodded at him. "I love it Oppa. It's so beautiful. Thank you so much!" 
 
        Jiyong breathed a sigh of relief. She had loved it. It had been perfect. 
 
        "I'm glad you love it. Would you like me to put it on you?"  
 
        Chaerin nodded. "Sure." She gathered her hair in her hand, so he could put the necklace around her. 
 
        Jiyong took the necklace and and put it on her, closing the clasp at the back. He allowed his fingers to graze over the flesh of her neck as he did so. Slowly, he moved back with a smile.  
 
        "It looks lovely on you." 
 
        "Chaerin!" 
 
        "Well looks like your mother is calling. She probably thinks we've kidnapped you." Youngbae laughed. 
 
        Jiyong stiffened. 
 
        Youngbae noticed his friend's frozen form. "You okay, man?" 
 
        Jiyong smiled, relaxing. "Yeah. Just had a chill." 
 
        Youngbae nodded. 
 
        The two headed over to where Chaerin was. A large cake had been wheeled out and she was getting ready to blow out her candles. 
 
        Jiyong watched her with pride, noticing how beautiful she had become. He could faintly hear everyone singing Happy Birthday as he stared at her. 
 
        Chaerin blew out her candles. She smiled looking up and locking eyes with Jiyong. For a second, she felt like she was ten years old again and in that same trance. She blinked and quickly looked away. 
 
        Jiyong smirked. 
 
        The party continued on with dancing and seeing as her sweet sixteen was a masquerade, Chaerin found herself on the dance floor quite a lot. 
 
        After dancing with Bae Oppa, she found herself in Jiyong arms. He led her across the dance floor, eyes boring into hers. She felt that if he looked any closer, he would see right into her soul. 
 
        "Chaerin." Jiyong whispered. "Take a step outside with Oppa. He has one more present to give you." 
 
        One more present? But Jiyong had already given her the necklace. What more could he give her? 
 
        She looked over at her parents. The were deeply in conversation with another couple. Looking back at Jiyong, she nodded. 
 
        Jiyong grinned and led her through the crowed and out the doors that led to the garden. Having been to the Lee's plenty of times, he knew where he was going. He led her to the center of the garden away from prying eyes. 
 
        Stopping, he let go of her arm and turned to face her. She was truly beautiful. She looked like an angel dressed in a white gown with a white back adoring her face. 
 
        So pure. 
 
        So perfect. 
 
        Chaerin looked confused as she stared at her Oppa. He had led her to the garden. She saw no present, so what exactly did he want to give her. 
 
        "Chaerin." Jiyong spoke softly.  
 
        He took a hold of her shoulders and pressed his lips against hers.

 

 

 


And there we have it, the first chapter of OBSESSION. I hope you like it. This chapter, as well as chapter two, will be the past of Chaerin and Jiyong. I want to thank you guys for the comments and I want to thank my 29 Subscribers. Wow... that's alot. I want to give a special thank you to yycg143 for the upvote. Thank you! I really appreciate it you guys! Enjoy! :D

Lots of Love from CL!

And Lots of Love from GD!