Chapter Six

Obsession

       "Hey, Ji... you need to get up. Come on, man. You need to get out of bed. You reek." Youngbae nudged his friend's shoulder. 

 

        Jiyong merely rolled over, burying his face into his pillow. 

 

        "She hates me, Bae." 

 

        Youngbae sighed. "Well that's understandable."  

 

        "I know." Jiyong murmured.  

 

        "Well there's no use crying over it. Chaerin is stubborn. We both know that. It will take her sometime to speak too or even forgive you." 

 

        Giving his friend one last comforting pat to the back, he stood up. "Now get your act together and clean up this place. Not only that, but clean yourself as well."  

         

        Jiyong groaned, sitting up in bed. 

 

        "Take a shower first, man. I'll go a head and start cleaning up the living room some." Youngbae headed on out of the room. 

 

        Pulling his tired body from the bed, Jiyong stumbled on into the bathroom. He took off his dirty clothes and threw them into the hamper. He stepped into the shower and allowed the warm water to run over his body. 

 

        Jiyong scrubbed furiously, washing away at the dirt and grime that he had allowed to collect over a course of few weeks. He was usually such a clean person. How could he had even let himself get like this? 

 

        He knew why... 

 

        Lee Chaerin. 

 

        He sighed. 

 

        He was an idiot to think she would forgive him so easily. He had kidnapped her after all. 

 

        Hand against the shower wall, Jiyong frowned. Why had he been so stupid to let such an obsession grow?  

 

        Yeah. 

 

        That's what it was.... an obsession. 

 

        He had never been in love with Chaerin. He had only merely been obsessed with her. 

 

        If he had realized that sooner, he wouldn't be in the boat he was in now. He wouldn't have brought shame to his family. He wouldn't be considered the disgrace heir of the Kwons. Chaerin wouldn't hate him. He would be living a happy life if he had allowed none of it to happen.  

 

        But no. 

 

        His greed for her had grown. He was now paying for it. 

 

        Finally cleaned, dressed, and shaved; he made his way out to the living room to help Youngbae with cleaning up the apartment.  

 

        "You going to the party tonight?" Youngbae asked, chunking an empty beer bottle into the trash can. 

 

        "What party?" Jiyong asked. 

 

        Youngbae sighed. "The Park Sisters annual Halloween party. Do you remember now? We get invited every year." 

 

        "And every year I don't go." 

 

        "Well this year could be different. Chaerin is going." Youngbae looked at his friend to see his reaction. 

 

        Jiyong seemed cool about it. It wasn't the reaction Youngbae was expecting to see. His friend merely nodded and continued to clean. 

 

        "You should go." 

 

        "Why? Because she is going to be there. I don't really think that's a good idea, Bae." 

 

        "You two can't hide from each other forever."  

 

        Jiyong sighed. Youngbae was right. 

 

        "Fine I'll go. Only to shut you up, though." 

 

        Youngbae chuckled. "Good. Don't worry about a costume. I already got one for you." 

 

        Jiyong looked at him. "Please tell me it's not something stupid." 

 

        Youngbae merely smiled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "They really outdid themselves this year." Jiyong murmured, as he and Youngbae pulled up at the venue to the party. The Park Sisters had rented out one of their family homes to hold the party at. 

 

        "According to the tabloids they do every year." Youngbae said. Truth be told, this was Youngbae's first time going to one of the Park Sister's parties as well. While Jiyong usually just refused to go, Youngbae was always too busy with work to attend.  

 

        This year though he had made it an obligation to attend. Not just because he had met Dara and she had personally invited him herself, but also because he wanted Chaerin and Jiyong to actually talk. As he said, they couldn't hide from each other forever. 

 

        Jiyong had driven tonight and after parking his Lamborghini, the two headed on inside. 

 

        "Hyungs!" the ever loud voice of their favorite maknae sounded out among the crowd.  

 

        The two males made their way over to their group of friends and Jiyong pulled the maknae in a loving head lock.  

 

        "Jiyong Hyung!" He whined, pulling away. 

 

        Jiyong laughed. "Oh come on Seungri. I know you missed me." He teased. 

 

        Lee Seunghyun, known as Seungri by his friends, frowned and playfully punched the older male in the arm. 

 

        "You're pretty hard to miss, Hyung." 

 

        "Why you little..." Jiyong trailed off with a smirk.  

 

        "Finally decided to come out of hibernation, Ji?" Choi Seunghyun asked. Only those close to him called him by his nickname T.O.P. 

 

        "You could say that, Hyung."  

 

        "It's nice to see you at one of the Park Sister's parties." their other friend, Kang Daesung smiled. 

 

        "Well Youngbae talked me into it." Jiyong nodded at them. "Nice costumes by the way." 

 

        "Well since it is a costume party, we figured we would make the effort of dressing up." Seunghyun sighed. "Plus Bom wouldn't be too happy if I didn't." 

 

        Jiyong chuckled. 

 

        "Anyway I think I make a pretty good Mob Boss." Seunghyun smirked. "And you make a pretty good lackey."  

 

        "Hey this is what Youngbae gave me." Jiyong sighed, looking down at his own Gangster costume. 

 

        "Well he pretty much came in his work clothes." Daesung laughed. 

 

        "Hey I saved money this way." Youngbae said, smoothing out the shirt of his uniform. "What about you, Robin Hood?" 

 

        Daesung turned red. "I didn't really know what to go as okay. Minzy suggested it." 

 

        "I think Seungri might have us all beat though. His costume fits him perfectly." 

 

        "Well we can't all be Hugh Hefner for Halloween."  

 

        The guys laughed, while their maknae scowled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "Rin, you came." Dara smiled, hugging her friend. 

 

        Chaerin smiled. "Of course I did. I didn't spend money on a costume not too come to your party."  

 

        "Glad you could make it, Chaerin!" Bom yelled over the music. 

 

        "Good to see you too, Unnie." Chaerin yelled back. She turned back to Dara. "Where's Minzy?" 

 

        "She's around here somewhere." Dara mused. "Probably with Dae." 

 

        "Ah my cousin is here too?" 

 

        Dara nodded. "Yeah. Along with his friends. I'm sure you'll meet them. I also invited Youngbae." 

 

        Chaerin blinked. "Really? He didn't mention anything to me about coming to the party." 

 

        Dara smiled. "Must have slipped his mind." 

 

        "Maybe." 

 

        She sighed. "Well I'm sure you have plenty of guests to greet. I'm going to go and try to mingle. I want to see if there's any old faces in the crowd." 

 

        Dara nodded. "That would be good, Chae. As soon as I'm done being a good hostess, I'll come and find you, okay." 

 

        "It's okay, Unnie. Take your time." Chaerin waved her off and headed into the crowd of party goers.  

 

        She soon found herself lost in the heavy, dancing crowd. She tried to carefully move through the wedged bodies and into a more open area of the dance floor. 

 

        Getting into the music, she was soon dancing along to the beat. 

 

        She was enjoying the moment to herself, when someone decided to move in on her. A hard chest pressed against her back and Chaerin stiffened.  

 

        The person behind her leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "I haven't seen a pretty doll like you before. Mind having a drink with me, while we get to know each other better." 

 

        Chaerin pulled away, turning around. She was met with a leering grin and dark eye circles. She frowned. 

 

        "No thanks," She looked him up and down. "Hugh." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and strutted away. 

 

        Seungri stood there, dumbfounded, that he had been rejected. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        After ditching Mr. want to get a drink with me, Chaerin headed outside and into the gardens to get some air. 

 

        She admired the scenery as she strolled at a leisure pace. She stopped suddenly as she picked up two voices near by. 

 

        Male voices by the sounds of it. 

 

        They were arguing. 

 

        Chaerin frowned. They sounded familiar. 

 

        Her eyes widened.  

 

        Wait a minute. One of those voices belonged to Youngbae. 

 

        She began to walk over to where his voice was coming from. 

 

        And the other voice belonged to... 

 

        She turned coming upon both Youngbae and... Jiyong. 

 

        Jiyong and Youngbae stared at her and she stared back. 

 

        "Ah... Chae..." Youngbae greeted rather awkwardly. He looked at Jiyong, who was looking anywhere but at Chaerin. 

 

        "Youngbae Oppa. Jiyong-ssi..." She nodded at them. 

 

        "Are you enjoying the party, Chaerin?" Youngbae asked, while Jiyong briefly glanced at her.  

 

        Chaerin softly smiled. "Yes. Bom and Dara Unnie really know how to throw a party." 

 

        Youngbae nodded, smiling back. "That they do." He chuckled.  

 

        "You know for both Jiyong and I, it's our first time attending the Park Sister's Halloween party as well. Right Jiyong?" 

 

        "Yeah." Jiyong murmured. 

 

        "And are you enjoying the party?" Chaerin asked. "I mean you both are out here." 

 

        "Yeah um... we just had to talk about something." Youngbae laughed. 

 

        Jiyong glared at him. 

 

        He ignored Jiyong's glare as his phone rang. "Sorry I have to answer this." He gave Chaerin an apologetic smile.  

 

        Answering his phone, he patted Jiyong on the back and walked away. 

 

        Not wanting to make things awkward, Chaerin made her move to walk away. She was soon stopped by Jiyong's soft voice calling her name. 

 

        "Chaerin..." 

 

        Chaerin stilled, back to Jiyong. 

 

        She breathed deeply and squared her shoulders. She couldn't ignore him forever. 

 

        She turned around to face him and slightly smiled. 

 

        "Yes?" 

 

        Jiyong gave a slight smile back. 

 

        He cleared his throat. "I don't... I don't want things to be awkward between us." He sighed. "I'm going to be coming back to the children's center and I at least want us to be on somewhat of a talking level. I know you hate me. I understand that." 

 

        Chaerin frowned and opened to speak. 

 

        Jiyong raised his hand, shaking his head. "Please. Let me finish. I know you didn't believe a word I said to you the last time we talked, but all of it was true. I hope you can see that soon. I want us to be friends, Chae. I really do. But in order to even get there, we must make an effort. We can't ignore each other forever. We run in the same circle of friends. We won't be able to avoid one another. So please that is why I'm asking... no begging you to talk to me. Please don't ignore me." 

 

        His head was slightly bowed and Chaerin could hear the despair in his voice. 

 

        She blinked. 

 

        Clearing , she finally spoke. 

 

        "Jiyong-ssi, I... I know what you are saying." She sighed and Jiyong looked at her. "We can't ignore each other forever. You are right about that. We both seem to run in the same circle of friends. We are bound to see each other all the time. Even more since we both volunteer at the children's center." 

 

        She crossed her arms and looked at him. "I... I don't know if I can ever be your friend. I'm not sure if I'm even ready to go there again. I will though be willing to talk to you, so that our lives are not awkward when we meet up. That is all I can do for now. Please accept that." 

 

        Jiyong stood across from her. His face was blank, no emotion on it at all.  

 

        Finally he sighed and nodded. 

 

        "I understand." He murmured. He then smiled. "Thank you for at least agreeing to talk to me."  

 

        Chaerin nodded. 

 

        The two stood in silence for a while. 

 

        Jiyong opened his mouth to say something, only for a horrifying scream to break through the night. 

 

        "What was that?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        Jiyong looked at her. "I don't know. Maybe something that Bom and Dara Noona have set up. Like an attraction or something." 

 

        Chaerin shook her head. "That didn't sound like something for an attraction." 

 

        Jiyong frowned. "I'm going to go check it out." 

 

        Chaerin's eyes widened. "No way. Don't you watch horror movies. Someone always says that and then you know what happens when that person goes to check it out. That person dies." 

 

        Jiyong chuckled. "I'm sure it was nothing." He looked at Chaerin. "Want to come with?" 

 

        And for a second, Chaerin remembered a time when she was little where a much younger Jiyong would ask her the same question when he was going somewhere. She would always tag along. 

 

        And now a much older Jiyong was asking an older Chaerin to tag along with him.  

 

        Throwing caution to the wind, she nodded. 

 

        What was the worst that could happen? 

 

        He would kidnap her again?  

 

        Ha. 

 

        He wouldn't do that. 

 

        She followed closely behind him as they headed to where the scream had come from. 

 

        "The Unnie's garden sure is like a maze." She murmured as Jiyong took a left and she followed after. 

 

        Jiyong suddenly came to a stop and Chaerin nearly collided into his back. 

 

        "Yah, Jiyong-ssi! What's up?" She asked. 

 

        Jiyong's body was stiff and it seemed as if he was frozen. 

 

        Chaerin frowned. "Hey, is everything okay? What's wrong?" She made the move to peek around him. 

 

        Jiyong was quick. He held a hand out and pushed her back. 

 

        "There's nothing to see, Hunchae!" He cried. He turned around and began pushing her back. His eyes were wide. 

         

        "Hey!" Chaerin yelled, quite angry with being pushed. She dodged under Jiyong's arm and moved around him.  

 

        Her eyes widened as she saw what Jiyong was trying to keep from her. 

 

        "Chae. Come here. We need to go and get help." 

 

        Chaerin couldn't move. She could faintly hear Jiyong's voice calling for her.  

 

        Her eyes were focused. Focused on the body of a young woman that laid not too far from her in a pool of blood.

 

 

 

 

 


What's this? Chapter Six!

Are you as shocked as I am?

lol I actually started on Chapter Six quite a while ago and then lost inspiration for it. But it came back. Can we say YEAH! :D

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well anyway I am now happy to see that I now have 128 subscribers. I never thought I would get that many. I love you all so much! I also now have 19 upvotes. So a BIG THANKS to Itsmeara_bj, opalovez, ILuvSkyDragon, and onewlover123! I love you all!

So until next time. 

BYE!!!!